Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

^^^^^^^^

As you know, I've stumbled upon a couple good Dominican Conditioners at my Local AJ Wright's.

Will continue to look in there and see what they have from time to time.

They've been having Dominican Conditioners on the Super Cheap.:yep:

DC'd tonight:

Still getting breakage so I pre-pooed with Hauschka Neem oil then oil rinsed and did a tea rinse. I then washed with Giovanni Tea Tree tripple treat shampoo and DC'd with a mixture of Motions Silk Protein and Mizani Hydrafuse. :lick:

I may have to do a chop. My bone laxer ends just do not seem to have any fight left in them :ohwell:

Am sad about this bc now it means I will have to leave the APL challenge and shoot for shoulder length again instead by Dec 2010. Still I prefer to be healthy shoulder length than crappy APL.

I guess it's BSL Dec 2012 then :perplexed

Checking in:

DC'ing now with my doctored Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment; this will be an overnight treatment with no heat.

Just slathered on Yes To Carrots. I am going down to the wet steam room in a few minutes to allow the conditioner to do it's thing.

DC'd tonight:

Still getting breakage so I pre-pooed with Hauschka Neem oil then oil rinsed and did a tea rinse. I then washed with Giovanni Tea Tree tripple treat shampoo and DC'd with a mixture of Motions Silk Protein and Mizani Hydrafuse. :lick:

I may have to do a chop. My bone laxer ends just do not seem to have any fight left in them :ohwell:

Am sad about this bc now it means I will have to leave the APL challenge and shoot for shoulder length again instead by Dec 2010. Still I prefer to be healthy shoulder length than crappy APL.

I guess it's BSL Dec 2012 then :perplexed

I'm sorry you have to bc so soon. But you will grow it back, besides 100% natural hair is loads of fun!

SO WHICH THREAD TELLS THE OUTCOME OF ALL OF THIS DC'ING FOR 2009? Wanna read results, wanna read results, wanna see pics, lolol!

After 5 weeks of avoiding washing my hair, I finally caved in tonight. I pre-pooed with aloe vera gel and sunflower oil, then I clarified with AO Green tea Shampoo mixed with some biotin conditioner.

I followed it up with some Roux 5 in 1 shampoo also mixed with conditioner for moisture. I Dc'ed with Silicon Mix conditioner mixed with Baba de Caracol Deep Intensive Treatment, followed with a moisturizing conditioner using Alterna Hemp Hydrating Conditioner mixed with more sunflower oil to really drench my 13.5 months of new growth.

That Silicon Mix is amazing:lick:. I only bought the 8oz jar to try it out first, now I have to go back and stock up with the 64oz jar:yep:.

Last edited:
Aggie, we are always soooo >>HERE<<:grin:

I, too, am going to start to incorporate more Dominican Products into my Stash (after I clear out a few items). And both of these are on my list. i.e. the La' Plancha and the Baba.:yep:

Hey Terri:wave:. Heads up! I tried the Silicon Mix tonight. Can I say:lick: and then:lick: some more... It is wonderfully moisturizing. I tried it mixed with the Baba and I must say I love them both. The Baba left a strong feeling to my hair while the SM added the slip, yum yum!! I need to go back and get the large jar of SM now that I know it's a hit for me.

After 5 weeks of avoiding washing my hair, I finally caved in tonight. I pre-pooed with aloe vera gel and sunflower oil, then I clarified with AO Green tea Shampoo mixed with some biotin conditioner.

I followed it up with some Roux 5 in 1 shampoo also mixed with conditioner for moisture. I Dc'ed with Silicon Mix conditioner mixed with Baba de Caracol Deep Intensive Treatment, followed with a moisturizing conditioner using Alterna Hemp Hydrating Conditioner mixed with more sunflower oil to really drench my 13.5 months of new growth.

That Silicon Mix is amazing:lick:. I only bought the 8oz jar to try it out first, now I have to go back and stock up with the 64oz jar:yep:.

oooo I must get some of this. Would it be okay to DC with this in cornrows?

oooo I must get some of this. Would it be okay to DC with this in cornrows?

Absolutely highly recommended Foufie. It will be fine used on cornrowed hair. Simply slightly dilute it enough to get through the layers of hair within the cornrow. This is what I do to mine with wonderful success.

Under steamer with NTM Deep Recovery Hair Mask mixed with honey and EVOO. First steam conditioning with my new steamer. :grin:

I didn't make time to DC this past weekend…I know, shame on me. I shampooed the other night and used Burnt Sugar Pomade on my hair with Castor oil on my ends. I found my hair really likes the feel of Castor oil, especially for detangling/finger combing, so I ended up spreading the oil all over my head! I know it's not exactly DC, but it's better than nothing. I will definitely treat my hair well this weekend. Maybe even bust out an avocado.

co-washed with mane and tail conditioner, now dc'ing with a mixup of ors replenishing pak + vatika oil + mill creek biotin conditioner (is it me or does this smell pooey? i don't think i like the smell of mint in my hair) + coconut oil + nutrine garlic conditioner, overnight (aka 5hrs) with plastic cap over my head. will wash out after run in the morning.
ooh, also ordered a bottle of roux porosity control corrector conditioner, and can't wait to add to my regimen.

Tonight, I applied Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor for two minutes and rinsed. Just sat under the dryer for 20 minutes with ORS Replenishing Pack. It's my first time using ORS. I hope my hair likes it!

Tonight, I did my customary dual DC with the heat cap. My first session was about 15 minutes with Tropical Negra Black Cream. I hate the scent, but it left my hair soft and moisturized. My second session about 20 minutes with Skala Ceramides G3.

I haven't dced in a minute, I've been cowashing and airdrying...

I'm DCing on dry hair right now with silicon mix mixed w/ coconut oil, honeyquat and saa
I went hard on the coconut oil tonight, I want my newgrowth tame.
I'm under the dryer now. will rinse and rollerset, I'll try to rinse thoroughly, I have a bad habit of not rinsing completely....

I finished my silicon mix!! :yay: I must decide if it's a re-purchase.

Prepooed overnight with olive and coconut oil, getting ready to shampoo and then gonna steam with Queen Helene Cholesterol for 30 minutes.

Doing an Aphogee 2 step tonight which I hope will help curtail the breakage a little.

I will pre-poo with Neem through-out the day and then apply the 2-step and finish with a hydrating moisturiser to finish such as Matrix ultra-hydrating balm.

Doing an Aphogee 2 step tonight which I hope will help curtail the breakage a little.

I will pre-poo with Neem through-out the day and then apply the 2-step and finish with a hydrating moisturiser to finish such as Matrix ultra-hydrating balm.

The 2 step makes me nervous so i like to use cholesterol afterwards for 45 minutes to an hour.

Back