Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

Pre-pooed with my beloved alfaparf nourishing cream and EVOO, then washed and DC'ed with ORS replenishing. Picked up nature's gate herbal dail condish yesterday, looking foward to trying it.

Will be dcing later on today but not sure with what. Maybe I will finally try Claudie's Moisturizing Conditioner. I had been using it as a cowash conditioner but now I want to try it as a dc.

I'm late but I want in!!! :grin:

Deep Conditioning with:

EVOO
EVCO :lick:
Honey
Olive Oil Mayo
plain yogurt
LeKair or Lustrasilk cholesterol
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose

Will DC Again on Tuesday with either L'Oreal Kiwi Artec, Keratase Oleo Relax, HS Pumpkin Puree Mask or Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm.

*Part of Project Use It Up*
i.e. All Currently Opened products I am trying to finish up.:yep:

I won't be be DCing anymore until next month. I will try to give myself one during the first week of April. My last DC was on the 16th of March. I think I need a henna treatment right about then as well but I haven't decided if I will actually give myself one as yet. Still thinking:look:.

I haven't been updating like I should, but I'm still on the same schedule. Prepoo with Mane n Tail and coconut oil. DC with Nature's Gate Jojoba, aloe vera gel, and honey. I do this every Friday.

Prepooed with vatika frosting :lick:, shampooed with Flowers & Honey shampoo, double tea rinsed, I will steam with Claudie's Moisturizing Conditioner in a bit.

I won't be be DCing anymore until next month. I will try to give myself one during the first week of April. My last DC was on the 16th of March. I think I need a henna treatment right about then as well but I haven't decided if I will actually give myself one as yet. Still thinking:look:.
Hey Aggie. Glad to see you back. I've always appreciated your positivity and hair advice.

Going to DC tonight with Jasmine's Avocado & Silk with some MT added. I need some protein in my life right about now.

Hi Ladies! I'm just starting this challenge. I just BC'd so I'm striving for maximum retention this year to grow out this twa. My starting pic is my avi.

Today I deep conditioned with Joico's K-Pak Reconstructor and Intense Hydrator. I will alternate that with ORS replenish pak and Redken's Chemistry Sytem and Redken's Butter Treat. That will be my rotation until the end of the year.

Pre=pooed over night with castor oil, shamppoed and DC'ed with Natures gate herbal conditioner using the hot towel steam method. I like it. My hair feels nice and moisturized. Not as soft as with ORS, but still good.

Will be using QP Elasta CPR -11 tonight. Heard alot about it froms the boards so I am giving it a try. Will report back

I havent checked in but I have been doing my DC's. I have used DPR-11 for the last two weeks mixed with EVOO overnight on saturdays and rinse on sunday morning before work.

Honestly I haven't washed/DCed my hair in 12 days. :spank:

I've been keeping my hair nice and moist though. I discovered an effective way to moisturize my hair while it's flat ironed without reversion so I've kept doing it. I intend to wash and DC probably tomorrow. The new growth is starting to come in more noticeably now and I'm loving it. :grin:

I'm almost to the point where I can buy more DC's. I told myself to use up some of the ones that I already have so I'm finna be a beast with my credit card soon in my quest for new replacements. :lick:

goodmorningruby i would love to know what you are using to moisturize your hair while flat ironed. reversion is a problem for me.

Honestly I haven't washed/DCed my hair in 12 days. :spank:

I've been keeping my hair nice and moist though. I discovered an effective way to moisturize my hair while it's flat ironed without reversion so I've kept doing it. I intend to wash and DC probably tomorrow. The new growth is starting to come in more noticeably now and I'm loving it. :grin:

I'm almost to the point where I can buy more DC's. I told myself to use up some of the ones that I already have so I'm finna be a beast with my credit card soon in my quest for new replacements. :lick:

Hey I know it as been a long time but I'm just checkin in everything is still going well just washed and deep conditioned last night

Stop playing! Tell us how!

Checking in: I made a hellafied DC mix today.
wheat germ oil
olive oil
turkish hair care oil
liquid vitamin b
JBCO
Mizani moisturefuze
Mizani Intense Moisture treatment
SitriNillah

I took it to my salon and had them apply it. I sat under the dryer for 30 minutes. The result--NO shedding; very little hair in the comb; and butta soft hair. YAY!! All traces of my previous hard water damage and protein overload are finally gone. I am on my way to recovering from my setback.

wheat germ oil
olive oil
turkish hair care oil
liquid vitamin b
JBCO
Mizani moisturefuze
SitriNillah

I took it to my salon and had them apply it. I sat under the dryer for 30 minutes. The result--NO shedding; very little hair in the comb; and butta soft hair. YAY!! All traces of my previous hard water damage and protein overload are finally gone. I am on my way to recovering from my setback.

That Was some Supa' Dupa' Recipe! :lick: @1st bolded

So Happy things are turning around for you LB!:kiss:

goodmorningruby i would love to know what you are using to moisturize your hair while flat ironed. reversion is a problem for me.

I "dry" rollerset the whole head. All I do is take any moisturizer/leave-in (I keep returning to elasta qp mango butter) and apply it to the flat ironed hair section by section, as I go along installing the rollers (mesh). The key is to use JUST enough moisturizer to make the hair pliable and keeping the hair taut away from the scalp.

Not too moist, but not dry. The hair should still be straight or virtually straight for naturals. If it starts to revert a lot you used too much product. If you use too little, it will not set. It helps to use a pea size amount of moisturizer and rub it between my palms, so it's like a film I'm applying, not a dollop. When I am applying the product I use some tension to kind of pull it through the hair while holding the section of hair taut and then wrap the hair around a mesh roller and secure with a roller pin. I make sure the ends are focused on and that they are tucked into the roller properly. My rule of thumb is 1-1.5 inch sections, but you can do whatever size sections you want with whatever size rollers (I use 7/8") you want.

Try to stay away from moisturizers that include humectants like glycerin. That will guarantee that your set won't last as long and will contribute to quick reversion.

Set until completely dry. It doesn't take long to dry though because the hair isn't really wet, just moist. No dryers needed. And since not a lot of product is used the hair still has a lot of movement, swang, body, etc. The hair stays straight/soft/silky, but doesn't compromise moisture. Hope this makes sense :lol:

Cowashed with Suave Humectant and DC'd with Lustrasilk Liquid Herbal Cholesterol today.:yep: I'll be removing my Senegalese Twists this weekend and I haven't decided if I'm going to Henna or a protein treatment and DC.:look:

last night i shampooed with NTM, oil rinsed with coconut/olive oil mix, and DCed in shower with Toque Magico Emergencia

wheat germ oil
olive oil
turkish hair care oil
liquid vitamin b
JBCO
Mizani moisturefuze
SitriNillah

Hi LaidBak! To read of your new progress has filled me with JOY!
I remember when you were at such a sad point becuase of the breakage and hard water and now, you see! In no time, things have completely changed for the better! I just knew it would happen!
Keep up the good work and the faith!!!:grin:

Back