Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

I DC's with motions again last night for 1-1/2 hours. Forgot to add in the castor oil. I like the softness of the motions but it has these herbs in it and I am not feeling that. It is hard to rinse it all the way out....with that being said, I will be finding a new type of DC

I washed and DCed today :yay: I DCed with AO HSR and honey under my soft bonnet dryer for close to two hours. :lol: I started re-reading Eclipse and time got away from me. :lol:

Okay, I don't know if it was the AO HSR and honey or if it was the It's a 10 leave in. But I was taking down a plait for my braidout, and my hair is like BUTTA!!!!! :yep: It feels sooo good!!!

O EM GEE there's a TWILIGHT GROUP. WHere where? I'm coming

Probably in the book forum. I believe it is the last forum on the front page.

I prepooed overnight with Komaza's Pre Shampoo treatment. Then I did a treatment with moroccan mud. It was a kit I got a long time ago from Afroveda--moroccan (rhassoul clay) and lavendar water. So my mix was two packs of mud, entire container of lavendar water, castor oil, and honey. Very easy to spread in my hair and wash out. New growth is more defined and hair is shiny. I will continue to do this treatment but I will just buy my own rhassoul. Matter of fact I have a jar that I use for my face so I can dip in that for my hair too. I shampooed with Moku poo then I will do a double tea rinse then steam with Moku conditioner.

DC'd with Kerastase hair mask
I steamed with it, left it on WAAAAY too long. I don't think I rinsed it correctly. My hair feels coated and sticky. Oh well.

Finally checking in, sorry about that, just a very busy and hectic time for me at the moment. I have been doing pretty well with my dcing there for that I hardly have time, for my hair I squeeze the time in, even if I have to slap on the conditioner in the morning and wash in the evening when I get back home.
Wishing you ladies a wonderful evening.

pre-pooed with EVOO & Alfaparf nourishing cream, then washed and DC'ed with ORS replenishing, 3hrs, no heat.

I haven't been DC'ing as much as I should.:sad: I'm still wearing Senegalese Twists so I cowashed today with Suave Humectant and DC'd with Lustrasilk Herbal Liquid Cholesterol. :look:

I had a Joico day today.

Used the Reconstructor for about 5-6 minutes after a warm water rinse.

Towel dried and then applied the Intense Hydrator under my steamer for 30 minutes and then let sit another hour (I played with some makeup during that time).

Rinsed and used Nexxus Leave-in Moisturizer and Josie Maran Argan Oil Hair Serum and did a quick rollerset.

DC'd Thursday with my Lustrasilk mix and just about finished it!! Upping my cowashing and DC'ing now that it's getting warmer. Going to start using up my Sitrinillah this week.

I texlaxed today (or yesterday I should say)! :yay: It's been 25 weeks (damn, that's 6 months). I did a protein treatment before neutralizing with a LeKair Cholesterol/MT/AO GPB mixture, then after neutralizing (4 times) I DC'ed with SE cholesterol and Aussie 3 minute. Rollerset and airdrying now.

JD2'd, how did the 619 work for you? I've been eyeballing that stuff....

DC'd this weekend w Joico.

I've discovered that when stretching my relaxer, washing in sections makes a tremendous difference in my ability to keep my hair stretched, flattened, and straightened at the roots. I've done it twice the past two weeks, and have gotten phenomenal results with a nice, flat ponytail each time.

I relaxed today @ 11 weeks. It is the longest I have ever stretched. :yep: I did my 1st DC with La Plancha and I am currently doing my second DC with Pantene Time Renewal mask. I am using my heat cap with both.

Ooooh Americka, I wanna hear all about this conditioner in bold. I met a lady today who told me that it straightens out her hair when she treats with it. Is that true in your case as well? I was thinking about looking for it but only after I hear some good reviews on it though.

JD2'd, how did the 619 work for you? I've been eyeballing that stuff....

It wasn't too bad. My hair feels strong. I'm about a week away from my next relaxer so I have some shedding- usual for me near a relaxer. I think I'll try it again on the next wash after my relaxer to see how I like it on freshly relaxed hair.

DC'd Tonight w/L'Oreal Artec Color Safe DC Treatment mixed with Hempseed Oil. Tryna' use this up. I have about a couple more uses out of this.

Divided the Remainder up into 2 Separate Jars.

I mixed one with HempSeed Oil and one with Olive Oil. Will finish this Up.

Ooooh Americka, I wanna hear all about this conditioner in bold. I met a lady today who told me that it straightens out her hair when she treats with it. Is that true in your case as well? I was thinking about looking for it but only after I hear some good reviews on it though.

Hey Aggie! Girl, I had to pull out the calendar to check my notes on La Plancha. I can say that it is excellent at moisturizing my hair - it gives some serious slip! :lick: However, it does not straighten my hair. In fact, I can recall how my hair reverted at almost 8 weeks post when I got in the shower one day. So I cannot attest to its ability to straighten, but I can say it definitely is a very good deep moisturizer. And let's not talk about the softness. :yep:

Summary: For me, it does not straighten, but it gives my strands some serious slip, softness, and incredible moisture. It is definitely a repurchase *coughafterIuseupthefourTropicalDCsIjustboughtfromBeautyofNewYorkcough*.

Hey Aggie! Girl, I had to pull out the calendar to check my notes on La Plancha. I can say that it is excellent at moisturizing my hair - it gives some serious slip! :lick: However, it does not straighten my hair. In fact, I can recall how my hair reverted at almost 8 weeks post when I got in the shower one day. So I cannot attest to its ability to straighten, but I can say it definitely is a very good deep moisturizer. And let's not talk about the softness. :yep:

Summary: For me, it does not straighten, but it gives my strands some serious slip, softness, and incredible moisture. It is definitely a repurchase *coughafterIuseupthefourTropicalDCsIjustboughtfromBeautyofNewYorkcough*.

Thanks for the wonderful review Americka. I love conditioners with a lot of slip, especially since I am so deep into my relaxer stretch.

There is a Dominican hair supply store here in the Bahamas...finally! I just called them for the Plancha. They don't have it here yet but will be bringing it in soon.

I also will be using the Baba de Caracol line because I heard awesome things about it. They have the huge half gallon size conditioners for the same prices I see online so I'll be getting my Dominican hair products right here.

I wish they'd bring in the Salerm poo and protein conditioner and the leave-in too. I know it's not a Dominican hair product but I have requested that they bring it in anyway for me. I hope they do, especially since they have such affordable prices.

Thanks for the wonderful review Americka. I love conditioners with a lot of slip, especially since I am so deep into my relaxer stretch.

There is a Dominican hair supply store here in the Bahamas...finally! I just called them for the Plancha. They don't have it here yet but will be bringing it in soon.

I also will be using the Baba de Caracol line because I heard awesome things about it. They have the huge half gallon size conditioners for the same prices I see online so I'll be getting my Dominican hair products right here.

I wish they'd bring in the Salerm poo and protein conditioner and the leave-in too. I know it's not a Dominican hair product but I have requested that they bring it in anyway for me. I hope they do, especially since they have such affordable prices.

Aggie, we are always soooo >>HERE<<:grin:

I, too, am going to start to incorporate more Dominican Products into my Stash (after I clear out a few items). And both of these are on my list. i.e. the La' Plancha and the Baba.:yep:

Aggie, we are always soooo >>HERE<<:grin:

I, too, am going to start to incorporate more Dominican Products into my Stash (after I clear out a few items). And both of these are on my list. i.e. the La' Plancha and the Baba.:yep:

There are no local suppliers for my Brazilian (Skala) and Dominican products (LP and Baba), so I will have to purchase them online. Despite that fact, I feel they are so worth the cost of shipping to purchase them. I cannot wait to try my Tropical dcs. :lick:

Back