Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

I've been failing off a little bit. I started off washing and DCing every week. Within the past couple of weeks, my weekends have been so busy that I've been going 2 or 3 weeks before I wash again. Washing and DCing takes so much time that I have to do it on the weekends. I think I'll wash tomorrow night and DC overnight. Maybe that won't be as bad.

Apply 80g Henna+20g Amla +1/2 cup AOHSR
Steam 1hr
PS for the week with Taliah Waajid Mist Bodifier (70%mist 30%water) and Avocado Butter

Quick question about aussie 3 minute miracle (sydney smooth or moist). Both of these are deep conditioners correct? I bought 3 minute sydney smooth and love it but I don't think these little containers are going to last me very long. At the store I noticed much cheaoer huge bottles of sydney smooth and moist (non 3 minute miracles). These aren't deep conditioners? What could I add to these to make them more deep conditioning like? Olive oil?

I have not DC'ed in over a month and honestly I am not having any isues with my hair whatsoever. I believe the MN mix is keeping my scalp free of dandruff.

I have been moisturizing my whole head with Mizani h2o Intense Night-Time Treatment , BWC leave-in conditioner and sealing with Kukui Nut Oil for ceramides.

I think I need to wash my hair on Sunday though:grin: when I have some more time on my hands. Will update later.

DC'ing w/ Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm, for Thick/Coarse Dry Hair to which I added honey and castor oil (I think I'm a mixing addict b/c I'm sure the trtmt could have worked just fine on its own). Hair is soft and moisturized. Since I used two new things (I used Roux Porosity Control as a rinse after co-washing), it's hard to say which works on its own. I must say I love them as a pair.

Last edited:
I relaxed today @ 11 weeks. It is the longest I have ever stretched. :yep: I did my 1st DC with La Plancha and I am currently doing my second DC with Pantene Time Renewal mask. I am using my heat cap with both.

DCing with Mizani Intense Moisturizing Treatment mixed with a lot of oil (its very thick). JBCO, EVOO, Clove oil, etc. I decided to attempt a kind of ghetto steam treatment so I put a damp washcloth on my head before I put my plastic cap on. I then put my heated conditioning cap on over that. Will let it sit for about 30 minutes.

DCn tonight Motions CPR with a mix of Jojoba oil and Castor oil. Last week week when I did this I couldn't believe how soft my hair was. THen braiding up for a week.

just did a henna treatment and am dc'ing with HSR mixed with grapeseed and avocado oil, Aussie Moist, and shea butter. Never tried it before, hope it works 'cause my hair has been a bit dry lately...

This week, I prepooed with CPR, and then I deep conditioned with Komaza Intense Moisture Therapy for the first time. I loved it!! Very moisturizing. I will definitely repurchase that.

Sitting under the dryer right now for 30 minutes with UBH Deep Conditioner. I love the peppermint oil in this !

I did a moisturizing pre poo with Tresseme Moisture Rich, AOHSR, Evoo, Evco, Few drops of Avocado oil, Burts Bees Avocado butter and Umberto pre shampoo treatment. Hair was sooo soft, and I'm using up some product.

Tomorrow is wash day, don't really plan on goin nowhere so I'm gonna get it done first thing in the morning before I finish cleaning. Hmmm, let's see Thursday I steamed with Toque Magico Emergencia, so tomorrow I think i'm feelin like Queen Helene Cholesterol, or maybe just straight up oil, I've been wanting to try that to see how it goes....I think I will.....tomorrow i'm gonna use a mix of olive oil and coconut oil and steam for 30 minutes.

Just checking: DC'ed Wednesday with butter and oils (sweet almond butter, jojoba, and sunflower) used heat for 10 minutes after shampooing with ayvuredic shampoo bar...hair came out great!!! :grin: Super soft and NO TANGLES...my fingers just glided straight through!!!! DC'ed for the second time this week today with my usual clay and coconut milk. :lick:

Washed with Silk elements olive oil shampoo
DC'ing now with a mixture of Silk Elements Moisturing Treatment and Silk Elements Hair Repair Masque. (30 min)
Will rinse in the shower and air dry with Hairveda Hydrasilica Spray as my leave-in.

Washed with Silk elements olive oil shampoo
DC'ing now with a mixture of Silk Elements Moisturing Treatment and Silk Elements Hair Repair Masque. (30 min)
Will rinse in the shower and air dry with Hairveda Hydrasilica Spray as my leave-in.

What is THAT! :drool: I don't even know what it is but it sounds GOOOOD!!! :lick: :lachen:

I washed and DCed today :yay: I DCed with AO HSR and honey under my soft bonnet dryer for close to two hours. :lol: I started re-reading Eclipse and time got away from me. :lol:

Last edited:
Back