Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

After shampooing I DC'd overnight with honey/olive oil/vegetable glycerin (a filler b/c I couldn't use that much honey) with a heat cap. Washed it out this morning, followed with an ACV rinse. Will twist hair into large sections and seal ends with Castor oil.

Checking in!

Last night, I used (and finished :grin:) Motions CPR for ten minutes.
Then I steamed for 45 minutes with a blend of Keracare, honey, vatika oil and amla oil. I let my hair cool for about 1.5 hours accidentally. I rinsed it out, used PC for a minute, and that was all she wrote. I skipped the cold water rinse because I was tired, but my hair feels fine.

But I have noticed that Keracare Humecto irritates my skin. If I don't make sure to use facial wash after rinsing out the condish, my skin gets itchy and red. I think it may be the strong fragrance, because I had a similar reaction to Silicon Mix.
So I unfortunately can't keep Keracare either, even though my hair likes it. After it's gone, I won't repurchase.

I'm sitting under my hood dryer in my Vicki's Secrets dc'ing with NTM Deep Recovery Mask and avocado oil for thirty minutes. Afterwards, I'll rinse and co-wash using Vo5's Moisture Milks in Passionfruit Smoothie. Looooove it!!!

I did a wonderful preshampoo concoction tonight: mixed AOHSR with Burt's Bees Avocado Butter, a few spurts of Umberto preshampoo treatment, Evco, Evoo, a dab of Avocado oil, and honey. I added some tresseme moisture milk condish bc it was a little thick. Left on my dry hair for two hours. My hair was so smooth it felt like silk.

Now I'm dcing with UBH with heat for 30 minutes.

I DC'd with Claudie's Moisturizing conditioner this week. It wasn't as thick as I would like but my hair loved it! I left it on for an hour and a half accidentally and my hair came out nice and silky. Well moisturized.

Checking in:

DC'ed with a mixture (ORS Mayo, Elasta QP DPR, Hot 6 Oil, Shea Butter, Honey, Wheat Protein, Amla Oil, Honeyquat) under a dryer for 30 minutes.

I DC'd with Claudie's Moisturizing conditioner this week. It wasn't as thick as I would like but my hair loved it! I left it on for an hour and a half accidentally and my hair came out nice and silky. Well moisturized.

Glad you liked it Brownie :yep:. I've been using it as a cowash conditioner but plan to use it as a dc the next time around.

Glad you liked it Brownie :yep:. I've been using it as a cowash conditioner but plan to use it as a dc the next time around.

Yeah, I'm gonna try the Protein one this week!
Hey, what else did you get from Komaza? :look: Did you get the Moku conditioner?

I'm doing my DC tonight as part of my pre-relaxer ritual. I'm 8 weeks post, so I clarified with Joico Chelating poo and then applied K-pac reconstructor to my new growth. Left that on for an hour while I cooked dinner. Using heat and "steam" with a blend of Alter Ego Garlic and Davine's Nounou mask. I'll finish up with Joico's cuticle sealer. I'm eager to see my length post relaxer. I'm definitely full shoulder length now and want to see how much further I need to go to reach APL.​

DC'ing on dry hair now with Alter Ego Impac Ego treatment. Considering doing it overnight, as I'm feeling too lazy/sleepy/tired right now, lol. My hair could probably use that right now anyway.

Yeah, so I'll wake up earlier and rinse it out, probably follow with Silicon Mix or Aussie Moist

DC'd last week with Lustrasilk mix. I have 2 uses left then I'll be done. Yay!!! Also DC'd with WDT after a week of WnGs and it just put all the moisture back in my hair. Definitely in love with that DC.

Yeah, I'm gonna try the Protein one this week!
Hey, what else did you get from Komaza? :look: Did you get the Moku conditioner?

Girl, you know I be doing hauls :look:...I got the Moku Conditioner, Moku Shampoo, Vitamin Reign, Moku Serum, Moku Preshampoo Treatment, Intense Moisture Therapy, and Shea Butter Lotion (staple).

I deep conditioned Sat and I'm trying not to co wash and deep condition again today, I'd like to wait til at least Tues or Wed, but my new products came today and I can't wait to use them!!!

ETA: I lost the battle, I'm DC'ing now with my KeraCare under the dryer.....

Last edited:
Just dc'd today. I washed with Shikakai powder (it's okay, not really impressed, will continue to use Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo instead). Then I dc'd with Elasta QP under the dryer for 25 minutes.

My hair feels super soft right now, and it doesn't have anything in it (and I dc'd around an hour ago). I attribute it to the heat from the dryer. I used my mom's old Conair one. I haven't used it in a while because I have a really long torso, and normally I have to put it on a few things in order to adjust the height (phonebooks, etc.). However, I put the dryer on my dresser and it was fine. If I had thought to do this I wouldn't have wasted money on my own equipment which doesn't work.

Also, that Elasta QP DPR made my hair feel curlier. I have the newer one, fyi.

It's a gorgeous almost spring day and I plan on doing the following to
my hair:

1.) prepoo with Motions CPR
2.) hot oil treatment with coconut oil under the heating cap
3.) cowash with some aussie
4.) deep condition with a mixture of 3 minute miracle, nutrine garlic conditioner, EVOO, honey & aloe vera gel...I think I might just get under the steamer for about an hour
5.) ACV tea rinse
6.) Apply leave-in, moisturizer, seal w/ coconut oil & twist :rolleyes:

I deep conditioned using NTM Mask mixed with Hot Six Oil, WGO, and Biolage Cera Hydratherapie under the heating cap for 1 hour.

Pre poing right now with olive and hot six oil, then I'm gonna steam for 30 minutes with Toque Magico Emergencia.

It's a gorgeous almost spring day and I plan on doing the following to
my hair:

1.) prepoo with Motions CPR
2.) hot oil treatment with coconut oil under the heating cap
3.) cowash with some aussie
4.) deep condition with a mixture of 3 minute miracle, nutrine garlic conditioner, EVOO, honey & aloe vera gel...I think I might just get under the steamer for about an hour
5.) ACV tea rinse
6.) Apply leave-in, moisturizer, seal w/ coconut oil & twist :rolleyes:

Wow! You made that sound like such a pampered spa day. I hope you enjoyed it along with this gorgeous almost spring day!

Like I previously stated, I am trying to use up some products. So I DCed last night after pre-"poo"ing (BPT wheat germ rinse) and co-washing (Aussie Moist) with a mixture of a bunch of different conditioners, PC and JBCO.

All I've been doing is wet bunning. I need to step up my baggying game, which I'm undecided about its benefits. And I think I'm upping my DC's to 2x weekly instead of once.

Sitting under the dryer doing my ghetto steam treatment as we speak lol. The weather has been real goofy lately. Last week I broke out my Hawiian Silky curl juice and had a moisturized wash and go fro...this week I'm back to pre-pooing with oils and DCing with steam,

Back