Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

Today was hair day for me....

washed w/profectiv poo
applied aphrogee 2 min
dc'd w/ healing herbs by renae extra moist herbal con w/heat 30 min.
spritzed scalp with surge
elasta qp leave in H2
sealed w/vatika frosting
air drying.......

Gave my hair some good love last night...

1. Pre pooed with avocado oil, plaited my twists in sections leaving the roots loose to allow me to access my scalp.

2. Pooed with diluted Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat, rinsed.

3. Sprayed my herb+MSM spritz all through my hair, then covered in a mixture of AO HSR and GBP. Added plastic cap, 1 turbie towel, and then sat under my heat cap for 45 minutes.

4. After a final cool rinse I slathered my strands with QB AOHC and then added some BRBC to the ends.

:love:

Today is my hair day and I got my package I can't wait.

I'm going to do throughly wash my hair with shampoo.

Oil my scalp with EVOO

Put Castor oil and coconut oil mixture on my hair

Sit under the dryer for 30 minutes.

Then put on my Shescentit hair masque for 45 minutes

Wash out; braid my hair back and do a baggy treatment overnight.

Checking In. I've been slipping with my DC game. But I'm back on track.

I'm deep conditioning now (under the dryer) with a mix of Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus Mango, bragg's amino acids, and shea butter. I will keep it on for 45 minutes.

I don't why but this is :lachen:to me. Of course that is what this thread is about too--sharing hits and misses with products.

I'm not even sure how I feel about it with heat considering I haven't used it that way in a while:look:.

I had to exchange my Gold N Hot Soft Bonnet Dryer today. I got another Heat Cap instead (along with some Wild Growth oil-which I've always wanted to try-to even out the price). The Soft Bonnet Dryer burned the back of my head.

Word to the wise: do not purchase major items at places that don't do refunds. I really wish I bought it at Sally's instead so I could have gotten my money back. At least they let me exchange (...however begrudgingly).

-Washed with Aphogee for Damaged Hair Shampoo
-Deep Conditioned under a heating cap for about 45 mins. with Alter Ego Garlic Treatment on scalp & Hair.
-Followed up with Oyin's HoneyHemp & Nioxin Scalp Therapy for 20 mins.
-Applied Echos Herbs Lotion & Massaged (Tingly!)
-Moisturized, sealed, & twisted with Jessicurl WDT, Qhemet Biologics Alma & Olive, Kinky Curly Custard, & coconut oil.
-Oiled scalp with a mixture of JBCO, peppermint oil, & rosemary oil.
Will air dry, but leave in twists for the rest of the week.

last night -

6 twists
detangle w suave cond
6 braids
poo w/ dr bronner's castille soap
rinse
dc aubrey o's white camelia
airdry
seal coconut oil & LTR

I KISS

Tonight, I pre pooed with Burt's Bees Avocado Butter and a mix of Evco and Evoo. I did a clarifying shampoo with Ion. Sitting under the dryer with UBH Derp Conditioner for 30 minutes. I plan to detangle in the shower with AOHSR or another moisturizing condish and roller set my hair for the rest of the week.

I bought a Denman brush yesterday. I may try detangling with it.

I have been seriously slipping but since i will have a snow day tomorrow..i will be dc'ing in twists with either ors replenishing or lekair cholesterol

Quick condish w/AO GPB (about 5 min.)
DC w/mixture of AOHR and Shescentit Banana Brulee w/heat
Rinse w/PC
Lacio Lacio leave-in sealed w/grapeseed oil

Saturday I will be DC'ing with L'Oreal Artec Kiwi Color Protect mixed with Hemp Seed Oil for the Ceramides............

Today I cowashed with VO5 and deep conditioned with NTM Mask mixed with JBCO and Hot Six Oil for 45 minutes under the heating cap, then I did a twist out.

I DCed on dry hair with heat with silicon mix mixed with coconut oil, honeyquat and silk amino acids. I am now letting it cool, can't wait to jump in the shower. Then I will roller set unless I'm too lazy.
I haven't used silicon mix in a minute. The smell of it really grew on me. Now I love it.

I am dc'ing right now.

I did a cold oil* treatment with EVOO and EVCO for almost an hour.
I shampooed with Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo (just might be a staple:love:)
Now I have Nutress Protein Pack for Extremely Damaged Hair (staple) in my hair. I'll leave it in for about 40 minutes. I love the cooling effect is has on my scalp.

*The Gold N Hot heat cap I got sucks. It's my first time using it, and it doesn't heat up worth a crap. This is the version I have:

showimage.php

It's an update version to my old one (which died after 2 years-interestingly enough I didn't use it all that much). Anyhow, I won't be buying another Gold N Hot product again, and I definitely don't recommend their products. I'm so mad I can't even return it.

DCing overnight with Nutrine Garlic Conditioner mixed with evening primrose oil, vatika oil and mill creek biotion conditioner. I'm trying really hard to use up my stuff so i don't feel bad about how much stuff i have. I put a shower cap on and will put a scarf on over that when i head to bed.
Also, on an unrelated note, last year I relaxed the edges of my hair (so I could wear a weave, don't ask) and I'm slowly cutting off the relaxed parts. It's actually really satisfying even if the sides and front of my hair are wayyy shorter than the middle. I plan on wearing braids for a while anyways.

DCing on dry hair with The Body Shop Brazil Nut Moisture Mask.
ETA: (for an hour with a heating cap on)

Last edited:
will be dc'n today with ORS hair mayo.. I'm thinking about adding some garlic to it.. we shall see...

Washed with a Garlic shampoo then Aphogee Deep Moisture
DC'd with a KeraCare/SitriNillah/liquid b vitamin/JBCO mix for 30 minutes with heat. My hair feels like Butta! (for a change).

I deep condtioned last night with Motions CPR and jojoba oil for about 35 minutes under a warming cap. Man my hair was so soft! I love deep conditioning. I put my sew in last (my very first :D) so I am not sure how to deep condition in a curly weave.

I deep condtioned last night with Motions CPR and jojoba oil for about 35 minutes under a warming cap. Man my hair was so soft! I love deep conditioning. I put my sew in last (my very first :D) so I am not sure how to deep condition in a curly weave.

Put your DC in a hair color applicator squeeze bottle. Liquefy it with a little oil (Olive, coconut, etc) if you need to. Use the nozzle tip to get the conditioner down in there. If you don't have a handheld shower head to rinse with you can just put clear water in the squeeze bottle and use the same technique to rinse.

Just checking...prepoo with Ayvuredic tea (maka, amla, & shikakai), shampooed with Ayvuredic shampoo bar and DC with homemade conditioner (palm oil, honey, coconut milk, herbal tea, jojoba & sweet almond oils).

:curtain: Hello? Got room for one more? I'm a hundred years late to the party but, can a sista still join? I've been overloading my hair with protein lately and really need to up my DC game to restore and maintain balance. My starting pic is my 3/2 pic in my siggy below. :look:

Checking in...DC'ing with Lustrasilk Cholesterol with Argan Oil (15 minutes w/heat cap) and Skala Ceramides G3 (20-30 minutes with heat cap)

:curtain: Hello? Got room for one more? I'm a hundred years late to the party but, can a sista still join? I've been overloading my hair with protein lately and really need to up my DC game to restore and maintain balance. My starting pic is my 3/2 pic in my siggy below. :look:

Sure you can join. I will add you to the list.

I will be steaming then dcing overnight with Komaza Intense Moisture Therapy.

Back