Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

Does it say leave it in for 2-3 minutes in rinse or does it say leave it in for 10-15 minutes? What's the consistency like? If it is thick I say try it.

The consistency is similar to Silk Elements. It's not really thick to me. The directions say to rinse it out after 2-3 minutes or to leave it in and not rinse it out at all.

The consistency is similar to Silk Elements. It's not really thick to me. The directions say to rinse it out after 2-3 minutes or to leave it in and not rinse it out at all.

im dcing with it now i just clarified :love2:

don't know why I ever strayed from this conditioner. (well I do know, I'm a PJ :giggle: )

DCing today...

Pre-poo - JBCO/ MT & MN mixture
Protein: Elasta QP anti-breakage serum under heating cap for 30 mins.
Moisture: Motions CPR (moisture formula) under heating cap for 10 mins.
Final Rinse: PC
Leave In: NTM
Roller set/ wrap and sit under hood dryer until 70-80% dry. Moisturise with Mizani H20 Intense.

I haven't updated in a while, I apologize. I'm still DCing every Friday but now I DC with Nature's Gate Jojoba Conditioner, honey, and aloe vera gel. I've recently gone cone free and my hair is so much softer and more moisturized. I love it.

just checking in.

will be dc'ing with silk elements mega silk (yellow jar) either today or tomorrow. i really love the fact that i put myself on a regimen. hopefully i'll be APL by this Dec!

Detangle in Shower with YTCucumbers and Magic Star(MS)
Apply Macademia Coffee pomade
Wash scalp with diluted Elucence/Grapeseed/Tea Tree oil
Apply Elasta QP Breakage Serum
Pibbs for 20mins at 60
Rinse
Apply AOHSR + Castor Oil
Go to bed because I am tooo sleepy
Tomorrow I will steam my hair for 1hr:) and twist for the week

Today I washed , did aphogee 2min, and DC'd with SE MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment for the first time under the dryer for about an hour. My hair feels soft, but I'm still trying to find the right products because my hair sucks up moisture. We'll see how it goes, and how many days my hair stays soft and manageable.

Cowashed today with Renpure Organics 'My Pretty Hair is Parched!' Conditioner. Got it at CVS today because there was a rebate for the price paid, so basically got it free. DCing overnight with a garlic conditioner/vatika oil/olive oil/joico moisture recovery mix. Put on a shower cap and scarf on top of that.
Tomorrow after the gym, will co-wash everything out with the last of my infusium moistureology conditioner (yay for finally finishing something).

I'm DCing (with heat) with Elasta QP DPR-11 right now. It's been about 3 weeks since I've washed my hair. Yuck! Weekends are the only time I have to wash and DC. I have been very busy the past couple of weekends. I'm back on it now though. My hair was SUPER greasy from all the moisturizing I've been doing to try to make up from not washing and DCing. :lol:

I cowashed with VO5 and I'm now deep conditioning under the heating cap with Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner for 1 hour, then I plan to roller set:)

I had been DCing with Vatika coconut oil, but my scalp does NOT like oil sitting on it for long, so today I tried a 50/50 honey and olive oil mix, as sareca uses in her product-free regimen. I just washed it out and followed up with a tea rinse. My hair seems to like both. I noticed as I was rinsing the DC out, wy curls were somewhat loosened and detangling was easy with little breakage. I can't tell yet what benefit my hair got from the tea rinse, but I'll keep trying it for the rest of March.

Dc'ed today (my second dc day of the week) using my staple of NTM's Deep Recovery Mask and my new staple of avocado oil. My hair loves the feel of this combination. Although my hair loved the mask alone, it really loves it with avocado oil. It's a keeper, if I can help it.

I Co-Washed with Tigi Moisture Maniac and DC'd Steamed with L'Oreal Kiwi Artec DC mixed with a little Hempseed Oil (for ceramdies).:yep:

Will be steaming with Komaza's Moku Conditioner today. My hair needs some protein right now. Matter of fact my entire routine today will consist of Komaza products except the cowash conditioner (HV Moist Pro) and my acv rinse (HV).

Checking in!
I steamed last night for 45 minutes, with a blend of Keracare Humecto, honey, castor oil and vatika oil.
I also put amla oil on my hair after putting on the conditioner.
It wasn't supposed to be that complicated, but I have thangs to use up. :look:

Anyways, I did that, and then I sat for like an hour, letting it cool.
Did PC for one minute, and a cold water rinse.

Currently DCing with Hairveda Sitrinillah mixed with AOHSR and Coconut Oil under heat cap

Prior to this DC session, I prepoo'd overnight with amla oil, shampooed/clarified this morning with TJNS and baking soda, hennaed with karishma and co-washed/rinsed with V05 Strawberry Moisture Milk.

Wondering if I should an additional dc (or just extend this session overnight) before blowdrying and straightening. I want to make sure my hair gets all the moisture it needs in light of the henna treatment.

eta: rinsed out my dc this morning after a super-long dc session. my hair felt so moisturized, even after rinsing very thoroughly with a high-pressure handheld shower head (i was very dtermined to remove all build-up before straightening)

Last edited:
I haven't been participating in any of the challenges lately because I've been sick. However, I'm starting back this week. I bought some new ones from the BSS:

Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus
Nutress Protein Pack for Damaged Hair (my staple protein treatment...and I actually found this in a 16 jar locally, so happy about that)
Elasta QP DPR-11. I tried the old one and wasn't wowed, but this one is much creamier (has more water in it, I'm sure). I can't wait to try it. I can just feel the softness. I also bought the Elasta QP creme conditioning shampoo and the leave-in spray and Olive and Mango Butter. The man at the BSS was nice enough to give me 10% off.

Anyhow, I'm about to dc my hair right now using my Gold N Hot Soft Bonnet Dryer. Still trying to get used to that.

I'll do a hot oil treatment with EVOO and EVCO.:yep:
Then I'll shampoo out with Black Earth Total Body Shampoo.
Lastly, I'll deep condition with the Black Earth Enhancing Herbal Conditioner.

pre-poo with alfaparf nourishing cream + castor oil and DCing with ORS replenishing w/ alfaparf mixed in. Went swimming yesterday, so I feel I need a little extra protein to combat the chlorine and sun.

DC'd today

Prepooed with Neem oil
Rinsed with Ayurvedic Tea Rinse (1 teaspoon each of Amla, Neem, Brahmi & Shikakai)
Shampooed with Giovanni Smooth as Silk
DC'd under steam with ORS replenishing pack (added teaspoon of Olive oil & Castor oil)
Rinsed out and Final rinse with Giovanni smooth as silk conditioner

Been applying mega tek to my scalp every other night so sunday I washed then DCed with no heat with Aussie deep moist 3 min miracle and NTM. Left that on for like 6 hours while I just louged around the house. Rinsed and air dried.

Back