Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

I'm dc'ing today with NTM Deep Recovery Mask before I shampoo and since tomorrow marks six weeks post, I will dc twice a week. So, Saturday will be my second dc day of the week.

Ladies I see such great progress in ur pictures...I've have seriously been slacking but I plan to get back in gear and hit this challenge with full force...hopefully I get a pass lol

Sorry I have been slacking....

I have not been updating but I am still in the challenge. I DC twice a week, rotating between Baba de Caracol, ElastaQP dpr11, La Bomba and Silk elements.
Yesterday I did a Joico Kpack protein treatment followed by moisture recovery, in preparation for my touch up Friday.

Late check in...
Ok so this past Valentine's day weekend I washed with Kenra Clarifying/chelating shampoo, applied Joico deep penentrating reconstructor and left on for like 15 min. DCed with Joico intense hydrator all over and Matrix Biolage hydrating balm on the ends. DCed overnight, rinseed in the morning, applied Roux porosity control, rinsed with VERY cold water. Applied my leave ins, pulled into a ponytail, and air dried braided.

Was going to use AOHSR or AOWC, but decided I am going to use on dry hair some Lustrasilk cholesterol w/shea butter and EVOO and CO under the steamer for 1 hour, will wash out and moisture with Giovanni leave in and JBCO.

Umm, ok, I did this last night, my hair was a bit hard from the Lustrasilk when washing it out, it didnt sink into my hair like the AOHSR or AOWC does, so back to those two I go. I will again use Lustrasilk to use it up but only when I have nothing else left at all.

I DC'd with ORS Mayonnaise last night. I plan to one more with hte ORS Replenishing Pak before my braids are done. I half blow-dried and then braided and air-dried the rest of the way

On Saturday, I did an Aphogee 2 Step protien treatment folloewd my a deep condition with Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment.

looks like i'm gonna be dc ing 3 times this week!

although, sunday night i only had alot of oils in my hair.

last night i dc'ed with mega tek's deep conditioner/rebuilder and coconut oil.

i'm still in my wrap so i'll have to wait and see how it turned out!

I haven't been updating, just moved and had to get adjusted. I'm still DCing but have been slacking and only DCing 1x week. Have to get back to 2x I definetly feel the difference in my hair. I'm using up my Lustrasilk as my dc but need suggestions for something else to try.

my KELP POWDER JUST ARRIVED!

i'm so excited i might not be able to wait until dc day just to use it!

cannot wait to feel the softening benifits....especially for the ng which really needs it!

Sitting under a heating cap with a mixture of alter ego garlic conditioner, Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment, honey, EVOO and Nioxin scalp therapy on my hairline. I'll probably stay under here for an hour or so. Then I'll do an ACV-tea rinse and apply Alter Ego Cren Drops.

I think I'll use some Oyin Honey Hemp as a leave in, moisturize with QBBR, seal with coconut oil. Then I'll twist up my hair for a twist out tomorrow.

I kinda wanna henna again, too, but I'll see how the weekend goes before I make a final decision about that.

...on a side note, I think I'm getting lightweight addicted to conditioning my hair. This is seriously the 4th time this week that I'm doing it. :spinning: I find the whole process so relaxing. Plus the perks are unbelievable. I'd been sort of neglecting my hair over the past few weeks, because I'd been looking after a friend who hadn't been well. Now, that I've been DCing, oiling, and moisturizing regularly now, my hair has...
1.) become unbelievably soft
2.) become stronger...I barely see any broken bits of hair in my comb now

Yep, I think I'll be keeping this up. :yep:

I haven't been updating, just moved and had to get adjusted. I'm still DCing but have been slacking and only DCing 1x week. Have to get back to 2x I definetly feel the difference in my hair. I'm using up my Lustrasilk as my dc but need suggestions for something else to try.

I recommend aubrey organics honeysuckle rose, aubrey organics white camilla, elasta qp DPR, or a mixture of regular yogurt, honey, evoo, and aloe vera gel. I've used all of these at one point or time with fantastic moisturizing results. :yep: But, I find the honey, yogurt one to be the most cost effective.

I did the Aphogee 2 step and sat under the dryer for fifteen minutes. Rinsed it out and applied a mix of Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Condish and the remaining sample of L'occitane Aromathologie Hair Mask and topped that all off with Porosity Control Condish. Sitting under the dryer for 20 minutes. Can't wait to feel the results!

I am Dc right now with DPR-11 and sydney smooth 3 minute miracle, and some JBCO. Dpr-11 the new version is the BOMB. It makes detangling a breeze. I love to put this on my dry hair so it can soak all the nutrients up and then I go on with the rest of my washing.

I plan to just rinse this out after deetangling my twists and maybe using like some V05 and then banding or stretching my hair. I'll b back to let you know how my hair feels. I think I need to post pics too.

Did the usual tonight. I dc'ed with NTM Deep Recovery Mask for 30 minutes, rinsed, and co-washed with VO5. I am air drying my hair using the scarf method right now. When it's mostly dry, I'll bun it and scarf it for the night.

Last Night
Finger detangle hair
Left/top side felt dry and producty compared to rest of hair
Put hair in a juicy bun☺to do some errands

Hair was soft once I took it down
Apply olive butter and continue to finger detangle
5 sections (2 front and back 1 middle)
I noticed some breakage in the middle one
Brown sugar scrub + YTCucumbers for scalp
Detangle with Shower comb and YTCucumbers
DC overnight (Mostly AOGPB + AOHSR + avocado butter (1cup))

Rinse with warm water
Apply AOHSR use shower comb to distribute evenly
Apply homemade leave in use shower comb to distribute evenly
Apply JBCO use shower comb to distribute evenly
Shower cap for 30min
Take off and air dry
Cornrow into twist bun

After I DC my hair was soooo easy to detangle. I love DPR- 11 and I encourage anyone who needs moisture to try the new formula. I don't like the way the old one smells or the consistency of it.

Anyways my hair was butta and it felt so soft. i went on to band it and I will be styling soon. Another great thing about DPR is it moisturizes so well it gives me great defintion. Not just me it does the same to my kid's hair. Our curls be popping after we use this.

Joining... I'm doing a dry DC right now with Aussie Moist Deeeep mixed with Goldwell Kerasilk Treatment for Dry Hair and organic coconut oil. I'm letting it sit in a plastic cap for about an hour, no heat.

Im so glad u posted this...because i thought i was the only one deep conditioning with my new love..Aussie Moist!!! I just bought it last night but i fell n love with it overnite...detangling is a breeze and i have no hair fall while combing and brushing for my bun!! This is what i will be dc' ing with a few times out the week, co washing and leavin in as a condish!:lick::lick::lick:

How long have u been using this and have u came across any problems with it??

I shampooed first with Aussie Moist shampoo, I rinsed out with cool water. I followed that with DPR-11 for a few hours while I took a nap. When I woke up I rinsed out with cool water in the kitchen sink. Used juices and berries with Giovanni SAS for my braid-n-curl with shea butter on my ends:lick:

Back