Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

I swore I wasn't going to join another challenge but I just love talking about DCing too much.
I am prepooing with EVCO right now. Will:
-Shampoo with Aphogee Deep moisture
-use Aphogee 2 min reconstructor, rinse
-Apply EVOO to my hair
-DC with SitriNillah/EVOO/liquid B Vitamin/elasta QP dpr-11/jbco
-Conditioning cap 20 mins, rinse

Last edited:
I will add you LaidBak.

I'm prepooing right now with vatika frosting. I will wash with nunulove handmades Honey & ...poo (trying to use up). Double tea rinse--use strengthening tea rinse then follow with moisturizing tea rinse then will dc under the steamer with AOHSR (trying to use this up too). Detangle and acv rinse.

Today I did prepoo with amla oil/ytc, then ayurveda conditioning, jason biotin, dc under steamer with YTC mask and honey.

Did my DC yesterday. Pre-poo'd with Redken overnight treat, then used Aquage Silkening condish for protein followed by a mix of Alterna Caviar mask and Alter Ego Garlic with heat. Came out really nice.

I relaxed with Optimum Regualer Relaxer and deep conditioned with Optimum Reconstructor Conditioner, mixed with olive oil for 40 minutes.

I am DCing right now, with AOHSR, some job, avoc, olive, coco and castor oil, all mixed up. I am under my steamer. The oil is dripping like crazy, next time, I will use less oil!!Lol!!

i really wanted to dc w/my beloved ORS replenishing pak, but
i'm dedicated to stay away from cones and hopefully my AO HRS should arrive soon, which i can't wait to try, being cone free, soooo
in the meantime, i have some avocado butter on that i put on this morning, while tonight,
i just added alot of coconut oil for overnight.

Shampooed with shampoo bar and deep conditioned with rhassoul clay treatment yesterday. Had to dust my ends this morning. I am noticing a tremendous improvement in my hair with each dusting. :yay: Wearing a braidout then back to twist by the end of the week. The goal is healthy MBL hair by Dec! :yep:

DCing with AOGPB right now under heat cap on dry hair. This stuff smells so good! This is my first time using it and I'm looking forward to great results when I rinse.

Checking in!
Yesterday, I sat with Motions CPR in my hair for twenty minutes.
Then, I steamed for 45 with plain Silicon Mix, and let it cool for another thirty.

I finished the Silicon Mix, but I definitely won't be repurchasing it. It worked well on my hair the other weeks, but I think that's because of the honey and castor oil. After using it alone this week, my hair was feeling kind of rough, and not as moisturized as before.

i deep conditioned with honey under the steamer for 15 minutes, then with honey and ORS replenishing pack under the steamer for 30 minutes. Love the results! This was my first time trying the honey. DH said "next time you do that, somehow I think I should be involved, I don't know how, but somehow I should be a part of that." nasty!

At any rate I was really pleased with the results. I have 4b hair and it really got it very very soft and detangled and straighter!

Okay, so I slapped some Queen Helen garlic conditioner mixed with garlic infused coconut oil on my head. I applied some garlic oil, which I spiked with rosemary, cinnamon, tea tree, and orange essential oils directly to my scalp. Then I mixed the rest of it with the garlic conditioner, put on a plastic cap and then put on a heating cap for 30 mins.

I cowashed after rinsing it out, dried my hair and then applied henna (a mixture of henna, conditioner, peppermint oil, coconut oil, rosemary & peppermint tea). I'm sitting with the henna on my head now. Pretty soon I'll rinse it out, co wash a couple times, and then I'll deep condition for about an hour or so with Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment, honey, aloe vera gel, extra virgin olive oil, and yogurt.

I'll probably apply afro detangler for a leave-in, moisturize with QBOH, seal with coconut oil and then twist up with afroveda cocolatte moisture mask for the week. I'm still debating whether or not to give myself a scalp massage with afroveda shikaikai oil.

At any rate, I ordered some alter ego garlic treatment and a whole bunch of other stuff from blubeez and beauty of new york, so I'll be trial running a bunch of different conditioners over the next couple of weeks. One thing I'm definitely going to do this week is steam DC my hair. I find that after a henna, my hair enjoys a good steam treatment. :yep:

Happy Growing Ladies!!

What's the feeling you feel when your DC has taken hold?

Oh sorry...I only just saw this.

It may be in my mind, but when my DC has completely soaked in, my hair will feel heavier, more elastic, and highly saturated. I used to check it every hour, and when it felt right on the verge of mushy, then I'd go rinse it out.

Hey ladies just checkin' in everything is still going beautiful I washed and deep condition last night oh yeah I always for get I co-washed with Elucence conditioner and deep conditioned with sizta 2 sizta halt hair mask for 30mins

Last edited:
i deep conditioned with honey under the steamer for 15 minutes, then with honey and ORS replenishing pack under the steamer for 30 minutes. Love the results! This was my first time trying the honey. DH said "next time you do that, somehow I think I should be involved, I don't know how, but somehow I should be a part of that." nasty!

At any rate I was really pleased with the results. I have 4b hair and it really got it very very soft and detangled and straighter!

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

:yep:

Checking in!

DC'd for about 2-3 hours Saturday morning/afternoon with Vatika cocunut and amla hair oil. Rinsed with warm water and didn't add any product to my hair.

I've noticed that when I use oils my scalp gets kinda itchy. I think my head prefers water. I'm trying to keep my hair chemical-free and use simple and natural as possible hair products. Anyone have suggestions for natural DCs and/or hair conditioners?

checking in....

i usually dc w/ ORS replenishing pak, but since i'm trying to stay away from cones, and read the thread on coconut oil, i decided to try it.

so sunday nite, i dc'd with that and a little avocado butter i'd had in my hair from the day, already, then yesterday, instead of just co-washing it out....

i tried another "new thing" of yogurt and milk on my roots (i applied it like i would a perm, almost)

i'd read where it's really good for loosening the tight curl of ng and IT WORKED REALLY WELL!

so, instead of bumping up my co-wash schedule from2x a wk to 3 or more, i think i'll stick with 2x a wk, and leave that yogurt/milk mix on for at least an hour before my first co-wash.

Checking in!

DC'd for about 2-3 hours Saturday morning/afternoon with Vatika cocunut and amla hair oil. Rinsed with warm water and didn't add any product to my hair.

I've noticed that when I use oils my scalp gets kinda itchy. I think my head prefers water. I'm trying to keep my hair chemical-free and use simple and natural as possible hair products. Anyone have suggestions for natural DCs and/or hair conditioners?

Any of the Aubrey Organics (honeysuckle rose, gbp)
Shescentit's Banana Brulee
Hairveda's Sitrinillah
Jessicurl's Weekly Deep Treatment
Trader Joe's Nourish Spa
Millcreek (strengthening)

Any of the Aubrey Organics (honeysuckle rose, gbp)
Shescentit's Banana Brulee
Hairveda's Sitrinillah
Jessicurl's Weekly Deep Treatment
Trader Joe's Nourish Spa
Millcreek (strengthening)

Thanks! I'd prefer to make my own using stuff I can grab off my shelf, ("natural" in the commercial world gets thrown around a lot) but I'll look into those.

Looks like a few folks are having good results with honey. Mad expensive, the stuff, but maybe I'll give it a try.

DC'd on dry hair w/ mix of Lustrasilk cholesterol w/shea butter + mango, mixed w/honey and olive oil (just because my hair loves honey and oil olive), poo w/Elasta QP creme condish poo, lite condish w/ Nexxus Humectin and rinse w/Nexxus Color Ensure.

Last edited:
DCd on dry hair with pretty much the last of my AOHSR, I love that stuff I added coconut oil or else it's impossible to spread it on dry hair.... I Dcd on dry hair with heat and then I got in and rinsed out; my hair was so soft. I need to repurchase HSR it's a gem it really is

and used my new Joico kpak reconstruct conditioner after shampooing and I had a hairgasm, anyway I'm drying my roller set now....

I will be DC'n with ORS Mayonnaise Tonight mixed with Olive Oil. Let you know how that goes. I haven't been Dc'n as much as I committed to so uhm...here we go

Was going to use AOHSR or AOWC, but decided I am going to use on dry hair some Lustrasilk cholesterol w/shea butter and EVOO and CO under the steamer for 1 hour, will wash out and moisture with Giovanni leave in and JBCO.

DCd on dry hair with pretty much the last of my AOHSR, I love that stuff I added coconut oil or else it's impossible to spread it on dry hair.... QUOTE]

That is a point, I used quite a bit of AOHSR in order to ensure all of my hair was covered, this stuff really sinks into the hair, same thing happened with AOWC.

Back