Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

I've been getting some extra time DC because I'm stuck at home with the blizzard. I mix AOWC with honey, wheatgerm oil, sunsilk.

Hi Grow, I used the black bottle with blue writing, I applied it at night into my scalp mostly. I have been doing so for about 1 week.
I also have the spray that I sometimes use, not every day.

I dont know if it is mega tek, I am using so many different things, like the Vits etc, it really is hard to pin point. I also use leave in Mayo as well as a bit of coconut oil. It really only started yesterday when I used everything and then baggy at night, the hair is so damp and its breaking. I am thinking to maybe do a steam DC tonight and strip everything back, only use 2 things at a time and see what works and does not. Then wash my hair with shampoo on Sunday and see what happens. It is worrying.

hi Shopgalore, yes, i understand how worrying this is, also because i, too, use many things and though i'm sure we use good things, it makes it more difficult to find exactly which one is causing the problem.
on the official mt challenge page (i was just reading it slowly), there are many guidlines for using this product.
check it out at:http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=429988&highlight
i'm going to join this challenge so that i can monitor what i'm doing as well as how other ladies are using their mt...for example, after reading it, i'm taking out the protein i mentioned i was going to add in my phyto dc becasue it suggests we "stop other protein products".

also, Camilla's post on the bottom of this page: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=407118&page=29
was very helpful to me because i, too, have the bottle with the blue writing on it, but it might be a bit strong at first....maybe gradual dilluted usage is best at the beginning.

i hope these links and posts can help you, and who knows, maybe there are others who dc with this product and can help us with their practices!

good luck, this breakage, too, shall pass!

Thanks Grow!! I have been doing some reading and I am going to shampoo with Ors Aloe and then do a DC with AO HSR and Oilve Oil and then wash and use little, I have very heavy handed and just use everything, so you are likely right about ODing on the MT, I will use little of it moving forward, not as much as I can.Lol!!

grow--I'm happy to see that you are taking away the protein bc I was worried about you using that and MT.

I prepooed overnight with my oil concoction (jbco,shikakai growth elixir,mahabhrinraj and maybe asha omega??) I will do a HOT then dcing on dry hair with an amla treatment (amla, coconut milk,coconut oil, honey). I will steam for 1 hour. I will most likely do a flexirod set. Last time was a fail bc I forgot to get under the dryer so when I got up in the morning my hair was still wet. It takes my hair foooooooorever to dry.

grow--I'm happy to see that you are taking away the protein bc I was worried about you using that and MT.

I prepooed overnight with my oil concoction (jbco,shikakai growth elixir,mahabhrinraj and maybe asha omega??) I will do a HOT then dcing on dry hair with an amla treatment (amla, coconut milk,coconut oil, honey). I will steam for 1 hour. I will most likely do a flexirod set. Last time was a fail bc I forgot to get under the dryer so when I got up in the morning my hair was still wet. It takes my hair foooooooorever to dry.

THANK YOU, SHAY72!!!

ladies, whatever happened to the "thanks" button we used to be able to click on?!?!?!?!?!?!?!:rolleyes:

^^It's been missing since sometime last night. This happened before and we got it back in a few days. The blogs to the right and the ladies up top are missing too. I'm thinking they are doing some type of maintenance to the site.

^^It's been missing since sometime last night. This happened before and we got it back in a few days. The blogs to the right and the ladies up top are missing too. I'm thinking they are doing some type of maintenance to the site.

THANKS, AGAIN, SHAY72!!!:grin:

(i was beginning to think it was just my computer, lol!)

Checking in!
I steamed last night with Silicon Mix, honey, and castor oil for 45 minutes, and sat with it for an additional 30 to let it cool. I rollerset and wrapped it afterwards, and I'm very pleased with the outcome. My hair feels really soft, smooth, and moisturized.
And the security guard in the dorm told me that my hair smelled nice this morning. It was creepy, but I appreciate the compliment. :rofl:

And one thing about my steamer that I love is that it really expedites the DC process. I used to have to sit for a long long long time before I felt like my DC had taken hold. Now, I use much less time to DC, and I can get wash day over with sooner.
And since I've been steaming for 45 minutes instead of 2 hours, my hair has been coming out better. So I guess I should stop calling my steamer Shaitan and find it a new name.

Last edited:
Checking in!
I steamed last night with Silicon Mix, honey, and castor oil for 45 minutes, and sat with it for an additional 30 to let it cool. I rollerset and wrapped it afterwards, and I'm very pleased with the outcome. My hair feels really soft, smooth, and moisturized.
And the security guard in the dorm told me that my hair smelled nice this morning. It was creepy, but I appreciate the compliment. :rofl:

And one thing about my steamer that I love is that it really expedites the DC process. I used to have to sit for a long long long time before I felt like my DC had taken hold. Now, I use much less time to DC, and I can get wash day over with sooner.
And since I've been steaming for 45 minutes instead of 2 hours, my hair has been coming out better. So I guess I should stop calling my steamer Shaitan and find it a new name.

What's the feeling you feel when your DC has taken hold?

I am checking in. I have been doing the challenge but haven't been checking in. I am actually deep conditioning today with SE and AOHS!

Pre-pooed with a mix of aphogee 2min, Alfaprarf nourishing cream and EVOO. Now DCing with ORS repleneshing :love: I love this conditioner. Moisture moisture and slip slip slip! and it smells like oranges :lick:

Hi, ladies,

I'm going to wash and henna my hair tomorrow evening.
Then I'm going to DC my hair overnight with a mixture
of Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment, Aussie 3 Minute MIracle,
honey, coconut oil, and aloe vera gel.

I'll do a leave-in of afrodetangler, moisturize and twist with
Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy Cream and Afroveda
Cocolatte Moisture Mask and seal with coconut oil.
Then I'll soft bonnet dry my twists for a twistout this weekend.

I'm thinking of purchasing some Alter Ego Garlic Treatment.
I've been wanting to try it.

Happy Growing!

For my Snow Day Hair Day I, HOT with my oil mix, Cowashed with Jasmine's Shea Butter Rinse, Protein Treatment- Joico KPak, SSI Tea Tree & Grapefruit, MT; DC with Jasmine's Avocado & Silk Condish. I used the Shea Butter Rinse as a leave in along with Vatika Frosting and Gillian Hair Butter and put in 3 strand twists. Love my soft and strong hair.

hi ladies!

just to update on when i took the dc, ayurvedic poo's and mega tek + moisturizing condish off last night....

thanks again, Shay72.....having taken out those other proteins and ONLY used mega tek was a good choice.

Shopgalore, i tried a technique which might work for you, too....
once i was done and just coming out of the shower, i put a small amount of kukui oil (but any type will do) on my hair in each of the 4 sections i'd parted it in.

after that, i spritzed with the mega tek avocado detangler and wrapped my hair.
(and baggy, too)
yes, when i woke up, my hair was still damp, but after i let it air dry while still wrapped, it unwrapped smooth and soft.

i think that means it worked well....but i still experiment alot, lol!

hhg ladies!

hi ladies!

just to update on when i took the dc, ayurvedic poo's and mega tek + moisturizing condish off last night....

thanks again, Shay72.....having taken out those other proteins and ONLY used mega tek was a good choice.

Shopgalore, i tried a technique which might work for you, too....
once i was done and just coming out of the shower, i put a small amount of kukui oil (but any type will do) on my hair in each of the 4 sections i'd parted it in.

after that, i spritzed with the mega tek avocado detangler and wrapped my hair.
(and baggy, too)
yes, when i woke up, my hair was still damp, but after i let it air dry while still wrapped, it unwrapped smooth and soft.

i think that means it worked well....but i still experiment alot, lol!

hhg ladies!

Thanks so much grow, I will give it a go on Sunday.

Yesterday after washing and DC my hair, it was a bit rough, so I used only JBCO on my hair and this morning it is much softer, I think my problem is that I was soo liberal with the products, I am going to use less. I have only had my JBCO for under 2 weeks and half the 8oz bottle is left, so yep must take it easy!Lol!

Thanks so much grow, I will give it a go on Sunday.

Yesterday after washing and DC my hair, it was a bit rough, so I used only JBCO on my hair and this morning it is much softer, I think my problem is that I was soo liberal with the products, I am going to use less. I have only had my JBCO for under 2 weeks and half the 8oz bottle is left, so yep must take it easy!Lol!

I'm as heavy handed as they come and oils last me foooooorever. Yeah you might want to slow down.

Checking in

I did really well on my Microbiology test so I decided to give my hair some extra care I havent paid attention to it all week. Yet it was still soft and moisturized because of the DC and heavy creams I used last week:) Thank you LHCF

Anywho
February 11
Night
Finger detangle with Olive Butter
P90X Yoga
Finger detangle with YTC in shower
Detangle with Shower Comb gently
Apply Island Naturals, HSR, Vatika frosting mix to hair (about 1cup almost wasn’t enough)
Steam DT for 20 min
Tea Rinse
Rinse with warm water
Apply YTC +homemade leave in
Let dry overnight

February 12
Cornrow hair into twisted ponytail with Capuacu Cream and water

Last edited:
I did a great treatment with 1 part molasse, 1 part honey and 1 part condtioner! I left it on overnight all day yesterday - it was messy and sticky but the results was uber SOFT hair! :grin:

I DCed today with UBH under the dryer for 30 minutes. I then let my hair completely cool down before doing a chilling cold rinse. I'm under the dryer with my rollerset now.

Checking in...

I Dc'd tonight with a mix of coconut oil, avocado oil, shescentit nourishing condish and 10en1 condish, I used my heating cap for about 10/15 mins and rinsed with cold water. My hair felt really soft while washing it out and was very easy to comb through once it was all out.
I've never used this mix before but I hope it works like this the next time I use it:grin:

I will be DCing with Matrix mixed with some Aphogee 2 min....hope that goes well, first time using Matrix.

Last edited:
I'm horrible about checking in but I'm going crazy cuz I haven't DCed in 5 days so tonight I'm gonna DC with......my Lustrasilk/MT combo.

I got a relaxer this week and although my hair was full BSL (below bra strap), i got a major trim and now its BSB (~1in above BSL). I was growing out my layers and needed to even them out; the back ones are pretty much fully grown out, but i still have face framing layers which will take a while. I am happy with the health of my hair, even tho i lost a good 1.5 inches. I won't be trimming for the rest of the year, so hopefully I will have MBL by august and at least between MBL and WL by the end of the year. This trim really set me back, but my hair is filling out nicely and health comes first! :-D i'm excited to see my progress as the year goes on!

Okay, because I miss my curls, I will be dc'n tomorrow with NTM deep recovery mask as usual..

I dc'ed with NTM Recovery Mask for 45 minutes, rinsed, and air-dried my hair. Since I will be hitting six weeks post this coming Thursday, I will add an additional dc day to help with my ng and stretching.

Back