Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

I DCed with Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol under heat for 30 minutes. Then I stayed under the shower cap for another 2.5 hours after I went to take my clothes out of the washer and put them in the dry and realized my tube had come out of the pipe and my carpet was soaking wet. So then I had to wet vac and all that. :nono: Exhausting!!!

Anyway, MAN I have been SLIPPIN on this cholesterol. I bought it a long time ago and I decided to pull it out of my "products that I never use anymore" bag. I'm glad I did. My hair felt great afterwards. :yep:

Pre-pooed with a mix of aphogee 2min and Alaparf nourishing cream....I must say that nourishing cream is a protein but it makes my hair soooo soft and moisturized! Then steamed for 30 min with ORS repleneshing.

Checking in!
Yesterday, I did a 30 minute treatment with Aphogee 2 Minute, no heat or steam. Then I steamed with Silicon Mix, honey, castor oil, and avocado oil (trying to get rid of it) for 45 minutes. I sat with it for another 30, to let my hair cool off.

My hair came out very soft and moisturized. I'm still not sure if its the steamer or the silicon mix though. I guess I'll find out when the silicon mix is gone.
And this smell is still killing me. ;_;

I don't know how they make this smell linger for so long and so strongly, but they need to hook Herbal Essences up with the secret. I'd love to smell like LTR or HH all day. :lick:

checking in.....I am now dc my hair now since I'm snowed in. I've been slacking for 2 weeks only because I had surgery and my dad died. I'm trying to get back on track. My hair has grown to 4 inches now and I'm 4 months natural. The growth is slow but it's worth it. well 30 mins to go until I wash this out and I need to put more ORS cond on the list this week to buy. Until next time.

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

HI ladies, I am back to DCing but not very often because I have too much new growth and I am not about to be detangling it very often. I am using Mizani Renew Reconstructor gelee mixed with the MRR masque with heat for 20minutes.

I am now going to be following it up with Nature's Gate Hemp Nourishing Conditioner mixed with Alerna Hemp Hydrate Conditioner and some sunflower oil for the ceramide.

Last edited:
Yesterday I DC'd on dry hair with Alterna Hemp Hydrate and did a Fantasia IC Reconstructor for a few minutes.

Okay I will be shampooing with CON (green), protein treatment with Hairveda's Methi Sativa step 1, double tea rinse, dc with step 2 of MS, detangle, acv rinse.

HI ladies, I am back to DCing but not very often because I have too much new growth and I am not about to be detangling it very often. I am using Mizani Renew Reconstructor gelee mixed witht he MRR masque with heat for 20minutes.

I am now going to be following it up with Nature's Gate Hemp Nourishing Conditioner mixed with Alerna Hemp Hydrate Conditioner and some sunflower oil for the ceramide.

Hi Aggie, OT: you look very pretty in your sig picture! :yep:

How is the Alterna working for your hair?

DC for hours today. I used some Elasta qp DPR-11 old formula, olive oil, honey, mayo,a tad JBCO,and Sydney smooth(I didn't want to use this but my hair is SO thick now ran out of DPR). My hair felt ok when I rinsed. My coils were popping. So much that I think I am a 4a/b. Cornrowed my hair up for the wig I am making tomorrow. See ya in 10-14.

DC'ing overnight with megatek, peppermint oil and evening primrose oil on my scalp and vatika oil, coconut oil and Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque on my hair. Covered in a shower cap and then scarf.
Working out tmrw morning and will co-wash after that.

I haven't updated in a while. Tomorrow while packing, I will dc on dry hair with Nacadit Olive oil and honey.

Checking in. For the last 2 weeks DC on dry hair. It was ok but like DC on wet hair for me. DC on wet twisted hair with homemade conditioner today and under hood dryer. Moist delicious hair as always! :lick:

Yesterday I went out and bought some more DCs because I was running out. I got lustrasilk's cholesterol. I got the olive oil, shea butter and mango, and aloe vera.

Got a relaxer touch up friday but she didn't DC my hair. Baggyied last night and will baggy every other night for the rest of the week.

Alright. Finally washing and flat ironing my hair today. I need to S&D anyway. Then no heat for a few months or til next touch up. Anyway, pre-pooed/DCed with alter ego garlic concentrated on the scalp& roots, ORS hair mayonnaise & alter ego restructuring mask mixed together under my usual EVOO. After wash will DC with honey, redken real control intense renewal mixed with something else (I'm trying to use up products).

DC'd on Saturday with Phytojojoba, EVOO, and honey (and Motions Moisture Plus). Also did an Aphogee 2min treatment.

Next week, I've decided to take my clothes steamer and try to do a steam treatment on my hair. We'll see how it goes.

overnight dc'd on dry hair w/ors replenishing pak.
gonna take that out today and put ayurvedic poo on (amla, brahmi), then co-wash them out.
(sebastian mask w/collagen added, phytokaritè w/ hydrolyzed wheat protein, silk amino acids& panthenol added)

will also be co-washing w/mega tek for the 1st time! can't wait! (after the sebastian and before the phyto moisturizing dc)
also can't wait for JASON & AO HSR to get here! (ok, i am a pj! lol!)

HHJ ladies!

Going to DC with AOHSR and then apply some leave in and JBCO hopefully tonight.

My hair is breaking in little pieces and is wet from Mega Tek after bagging, so I dont know what to do :-( cry

Going to DC with AOHSR and then apply some leave in and JBCO hopefully tonight.

My hair is breaking in little pieces and is wet from Mega Tek after bagging, so I dont know what to do :-( cry

hi Shopgalore!

could you please explain how you used Mega Tek?
i've researched sooo many different uses ladies have tried for this product.
is it breaking from the Mega Tek, do you think?
also, which Mega Tek product did you have in your hair?

THANKS, AND I HOPE THE JBCO STOPS THAT BREAKAGE!

Hi Grow, I used the black bottle with blue writing, I applied it at night into my scalp mostly. I have been doing so for about 1 week.
I also have the spray that I sometimes use, not every day.

I dont know if it is mega tek, I am using so many different things, like the Vits etc, it really is hard to pin point. I also use leave in Mayo as well as a bit of coconut oil. It really only started yesterday when I used everything and then baggy at night, the hair is so damp and its breaking. I am thinking to maybe do a steam DC tonight and strip everything back, only use 2 things at a time and see what works and does not. Then wash my hair with shampoo on Sunday and see what happens. It is worrying.

Back