Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

Back on schedule with my henna treatments. Hennaed this weekend and dc'd with AOWC (mixed with a bit of coco oil and AOSHR). The henna had really dried out a section in the front of my hair and the dc brought it back to life. :grin: After rinsing out the dc thoroughly (had to do so twice), I rinsed with cold water to seal the cuticle (I always forget to do this last step).

I moisturized with QB Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee and sealed with olive oil. I cornrowed my hair and sealed the ends with shea butter. I'll be keeping the cornrows in for the next month and keeping up with my weekly dc's.

I washed last night with Giovanni TTT poo, then followed with a mixture of AO GBP, HSR, WC and extra wheatgerm oil. Left my DC on for about 3 hours, no heat.

DCing less often right now due to not wishing to wet and manipulate my twists, cold weather, seeing if my hair is OK being DCd only once every week or every 2 weeks.

Also if I were exercising which I'm not (:nono:) I would DC or cowash more often, I wouldn't have a choice!

I washed my hair with L'occ shampoo and con sample, not enough to really test the product so I DC on Monday with Lustrasilk shea and mango for 1 hour with steam, hair felt softer. Will DC with AO HSR and Olive Oil on Friday.

Been DCing for the past hour with my conditioner/oil mix. Can't wait to do my hardcore protein and steam treatment when I get back to my home base this weekend!

DC'd last night with a mixture of Palmer's Coconut Oil Protein Pack and Redken Extreme Rescue force on dry hair for a bit more than one hour with body heat.

Checking in! I've been keeping my hair in cornrows for the past 2 weeks. I redid them individually last night after using Giovanni TTT shampoo and protein infusion deep conditioner. I also used giovanni deeper moisture. I cowash with my conrnrows in. I'm about 10weeks post, but i have some good new growth!

Weekly dc. Doing something different this week. I pre-poked wirh Burt's Bees Avocado Butter; I washed with Trader Joe's Tea Tree shampoo; applied Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor for a few minutes and washed out. Applied L'occitane Aromathologie Repairing Mask and sitting under dryer for 30 minutes. I can't wait to see how my hair turns out!!

• Shampooed and conditioned with Skala Shea Butter
  • Deep conditioning with Skala Fruit Cocktail

Last edited:
Woah Checkin in.. DC has been going great... i'ma try to lay off my NTM deep recovery mask since that lil jar is quite expensive :look: I have some Aussie 3 min and some Leklair, so i'm going to gives those a go... Tonight I'll be using my Aussie 3 min on dry hair and doing a detangle (yaayyyy) ... and sleeping in a baggy

Checking in:

Conditioning overnight with my doctored Silk Elements Megasilk Treatment and will DC tomorrow with my doctored Elasta QP DPR.

BTW, I forgot to check in last week (I'm so sorry) - all I did was a DC with my Elasta after using the Aphogee 2-Minute conditioner.

Hello ladies, I'm back and will be in the full swing of caring for my hair in a week or 2. You ladies are doing very well. Keep up the good work.

Also, good job Shay72.

Checking in! I've been deep conditioning with UBH twice a week. It is definitely making my hair stronger :yep:

Hello ladies, I'm back and will be in the full swing of caring for my hair in a week or 2. You ladies are doing very well. Keep up the good work.

Also, good job Shay72.

Thank you! Happy to see you back. Your picture in your siggy is beautiful.

I am excited about doing a DC tomorrow! Will use Aussie Moist Shampoo and then do a DC with HSR under steam for an hour, then follow up with Gio Leave in and JBCO for the ends and scalp. I hope the above is ok for me.

DCing with Aphogee 2 min mixed with CON-purple, oh and I sprayed some of my Amla and Brahmi tea rinse on top. Hope my hair turns out fine.

I'll be double DC since we have a snow storm all weekend. Tonight I prepoo with oil, garnier, then use qheumet cleansing tea, dc with AOWC, honey, giovanni smooth as silk.
Using up my stash.

CoWash hair of the dirt from the week
Air dried
Applied Castor OIl and AOIN conditioner and steamed for 30 min
I am feelin kind of lazy tonight so I probably wont rinse hair until tomorrow morning:)

yesterday did my oiling of my scalp, then dc'd overnight with ors replenishing pak.

hair silky smooth today!

I cowashed with VO5 Moisture Milks and now I'm deep conditioning under the heating cap with LeKair Cholesterol Plus for an hour:)

checking in.....I am now dc my hair now since I'm snowed in. I've been slacking for 2 weeks only because I had surgery and my dad died. I'm trying to get back on track. My hair has grown to 4 inches now and I'm 4 months natural. The growth is slow but it's worth it. well 30 mins to go until I wash this out and I need to put more ORS cond on the list this week to buy. Until next time.

Back