Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

I tried DPR11 again last night but this time mixed with castor oil. I do not like it. It couldn't touch my cheapie mix of Aussie 3 min miracle and AOHBR. even just plain old Suave Humectant leaves my hair feeling better. FAIL

Once DS wakes up (he fell asleep in my room) I'm going to clarify with my Redken cleansing cream, then DC with Joico Moisture Recovery Balm (I might mix in something else, but I'm not sure yet). I plan to sit under the dryer or 20-30 minutes.

Last edited:
I'm stuck in another snow storm so today is hair day. I prepoo, protein treatment, ayurveda tea rinse, DC with AOWC/AM and honeyquat sat under steamer for hour.

I deep conditioned with a mixture of Aussie moist and Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor for 1 hour under the hooded dryer. Allowed my hair to cool then did a cool water rinse followed by Roux PC & another cold water rinse.

Pre-poo'ed overnight with a mix of EVOO and aphogee 2 minute, shampooed then DC'ed with ORS repleneshing for 1hr no heat.

I dc'd with hairtrition 3 minute deep conditioner for about 20 minutes. It's not that great and I had to be way heavy handed with it. THis can possibly be one conditioner that feels dry to me. Good thing I only got the trial size even though I'm out of that. I need to find a good protein DC though because I feel that that's why I always have breakage each time I wash my hair...

I wash, detangled, then slapped in some AO White Camelia and parted mt hair in two and plaitedto stretch. I seal the ends with shea, and I sealed the the head with coconut oil. I sat under the dryer for about 30minutes...then DONE! :)

Pre-pooing/DCing under heating cap right now with Giovanni Nutrafix and EVOO on dry braided hair....will DC after wash with something super moisturizing mixed with honey.

So I've been DC'ing for the past 24 hours because I'm too lazy to wash my hair. Also, I have to re-do some of my braids, which is actually why I'm putting this off so much.
I'm using Mega-Tek (diluted with Cantu Shea Natural Olive Oil and BB Castor Oil Hair Treatment) on my scalp with evening primrose oil. Then on my hair shaft, Joico Moisture Recovery Hair Lotion and Nutrine Garlic Conditioner.
I think that's it.

Today, I did a reconstructor treatment w/ Fantasia IC Reconstructor and followed up w/ an ORS Replenishing DC w/ heat for about 20 minutes.

Had a major exam so I am just now washing my hair....
-Clarified with Suave.
-Washed with CON- green
-And DC with Aphogee 2 min (I guess you can consider that a DC)
I am air drying at the moment.

I washed with CON Detangling Shampoo and conditioned in the shower with HE LTR and then deep conditioned with LeKair Cholesterol Plus mixed with JBCO, olive oil and honey under the heating cap.

Forgot to add that I am back on the prepoo bandwagon too. I used to just do it with coconut oil. This time I mixed it with olive oil. My hair was too soft after washing it. The LeKair Cholesterol was also good too. I'm really surprised at the results. I think I like it more than Queen Helene.

But, I messed all that conditioning up by moisturizing my hair with Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercreme. I like the way it makes my hair feel, but it's a little on the flaky side.

Doing a HOT right now, will wash with Hairveda's Amala Shampoo, tea rinse, steam with Sitrinillah, detangle, and acv rinse.

Checkin in!
Yesterday, I did a treatment with Aphogee 2 Minute for about 30 minutes, with no heat. It was supposed to be 20 minutes, but I forgot. It was cool though, my hair is fine. But I am now rethinking my whole protein thing...I was loving all up on Aphogee, but I think I liked my hair better after Motions CPR. With the Motions, my hair comes out butter soft but the strength is lacking. Then with Aphogee, I get teflon tough hair, but it's not as soft as I like. Maybe I'll use them both up and find a new reconstructor.

Then I steamed for 45 minutes with Nexxus Humectress, Castor Oil, Honey, and a spoonful of Silicon Mix (I rant out of Nexxus). My hair came out really well this time...very moist, smooth and silky. I want to tell myself that it's because I finally figured out the steamer, but I'm frightened it was the Silicon Mix. Time will tell though.

But let me tell ya'll about some Silicon Mix. That smell is no joke. It's not bad, but damn it's strong! It lingered on my hands and in my hair for so long. I woke up this morning and took off my scarf and it smelled like Silicon Mix. My towels smell like Silicon Mix and my pillow smells like Silicon Mix. And after rollersetting, wrapping overnight, and flat ironing, my hair STILL smells like Silicon Mix. And now my flat iron smells faintly like it. I'm about to have a fit. :nono:

But let me tell ya'll about some Silicon Mix. That smell is no joke. It's not bad, but damn it's strong! It lingered on my hands and in my hair for so long. I woke up this morning and took off my scarf and it smelled like Silicon Mix. My towels smell like Silicon Mix and my pillow smells like Silicon Mix. And after rollersetting, wrapping overnight, and flat ironing, my hair STILL smells like Silicon Mix. And now my flat iron smells faintly like it. I'm about to have a fit. :nono:

I LOVE IT! :drool: I like my hair to be thoroughly perfumed and Silicon Mix, So Sexxy, Ojon and Frederick Fekkai Glossing Conditioner do just that. :lick:

Here's the DC I'm doing today:

pre-poo with vatika frosting
clarify with Y2C poo
Aphogee 2min
30 min heat w/ Stirinilah

I've been PS with my phony pony all week so I expect to have lots of tangles so I hope Stirinilah will help me detangle!

I'm wrapping up my DC session now. I pre-poo'd last night with the Redken overnight treat, then washed with Joico Chelating shampoo today. I used Alter Ego without heat for about a half hour, then followed up with Alterna Caviar mask under heat for 30 minutes before I used the Joico cuticle sealer. My hair feels delicious!

Checking in:

I pre-pooed with a mixture of coconut oil, castor oil, honey, and Aussie Moist.
Clarified with Avalon Organics lemon and shea butter clarifying shampoo
Now I'm sitting under the dryer DC'ing with a mixture of Deva Curl Heaven in Hair (roommate gave it to me to use since she didn't like it), coconut oil, Aussie Moist, Goldwell Kerasilk Rich Treatment for Dry and Damaged Hair, and Tresseme Smooth and Silky Deep Smoothing Masque.

Yeah, I got creative...:look: I really needed a moisture DC since my hair has been getting alot of protein from my daily Mega-Tek applications (even though I only apply it to to my scalp, it still gets on my hair).

Gonna rinse and rollerset later!

Last edited:
I am DCing right now. I haven't missed a beat; I've DCed after every poo so far this year! My hair is happy :) She loves me and she shows it when I treat her right. :) :)

Oil rinsed with my HOT then cowashed with Green Tea & Hibiscus. Detangling was a breeze. DC'd with Lustrasilk, AOHSR, Sitrinillah for 2hrs with heat. Hair came out soft I have about 1-2 uses but can mix up more to get rid of the Lustrasilk. Twisted up with Coco Cream Leave-in, EVCO, and my soft butter mix.

Did a protein deep condition with AO GPB for 30 minutes with my heat cap. Then applied Shescenit coco cream leave-in

DC'd on Saturday with Matrix Biolage Fortitherapie Conditioner mixed w EVOO and Honey -- for about 45min.

I DCed on dry hair with AO GBP with heat for like 20 minutes. I also added some coconut and jojoba oil.. Then I rinsed, pooed with elasta qp poo for relaxed hair, put on roux porosity control then I detangled with aussie moist.
Then I rollerset with qhemet cocoa tree detangling ghee and CHI silk infusion and now I'm drying it.

I finally DC'd with Brendita's Body Works' High on Coconut and Global Goddess' Coconut Amla Oil. I used my cordless heat wrap, and instead of rinsing right after the 30 minutes, I left the mix in my hair and will rinse later in the week lol. I don't feel well, and I don't think using cold water on my head would be fun at all.

Back