Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

DC'd with Shescentit's Creme Brulee on dry hair overnight. Cowashed with it this morning and detangling in the shower was a breeze! I'm 22 weeks post touch-up.

Going to DC with my staple nexxus humectress on Sunday might add honey this time we shall see. But I mite not cuz the last time I DC'd with just the cond my hair felt like silk. But after I roller set it was crunchyidk what that was about. We shall see. Ill be in touch. Lol

Would like to join. Started deep conditioning once in Dec 09.
I use Trader Joes Tea Tree Conditioner, my own concoction (palm oil with herbal teas, honey, & coconut milk) or rhassoul clay treatment for deep conditioning.

wash day!
protein pre-poo with Mane n Tail and coconut oil with heat (20 mins)
wash with hair one
moisture dc with Pantene Time Renewal and castor/olive oil (45) mins

Pre-pooed with a mixture of Aphogee 2 minute and EVOO. Then shampooed and DC'ed with ORS repleneshing.

I DC'ed twice the past week, both times 30mn with the heating cap. On Sunday using ORS pack, then on Wed using La Bomba.

Steamed Tonight using AO GPB, L'anza Kukui Nut and EVOO (Mix). Have about enough for 1 More Week.:yep:

Will move on Next to Lustrasilk Shea & Mango Butter Cholestrol mixed with Coconut Oil.

Tryna' to use up Corners of Jars, Tubes, Bottles, etc.......Will continue using up stuff & stash shopping in '10 !:look:

I'm using Ao white camellia right now on dry hair with coconut oil. I'm going to jump in the shower in a couple of minutes do some serious clarifying and if my hair feels really stripped, I may dc again with hsr with heat for 15 minutes. or if my hair is fine I will just use giovanni sas/aussie moist to detangle and get out and set it
I'm trying to use up my Ao conditioners. I have seriously crowded up the bathroom and I need to finish something. :look:

Tonight I D/Ced with UBH Under the dryer for 30 minutes. I let my hair cool down for 15 minutes before washing out. Did a quick two minute condish with Tresseme Moisture Rich for slip. Under the dryer with a roller set now.

I ended up doing the second DC with AO HSR and some coconut oil, I dced for like 15 minutes, My hair was very moisturized but there wasn't much slip so I followed up with aussie moist. Aussie moist is my baby daddy :look: I also found that my brillo pad new growth actually had defined coils as I was rinsing. It was nice.
Now I'm drying a roller set.

D/Ced with Silk Elements cholesterol. Needed some relaxation from a stressful day and so far, it's working.

OK, i finfally did it.....my FIRST co-wash and dc treat!!!

i used amla, brahmi& shikakai poweders on a previously castor&cayenne pepper oiled scalp (w essential oils in the co), put the powders on for 30 min., used a cheapie condish to "wash" the powders out, then dc'd with a shea butter dc.

i closed my cuticles w a pc conditioner, acv and rosemary and horsetail tea rinses made in hot water that was then refrigerated until icy cold. (burrrr...but my hair loves it!)

love love love the results!

yes, will continue for sure!

thanks for giving me the know how and courage to start doing these things, ladies!

Last edited:
Hey ladies. I missed the last of the 2009 challenge due to health issues. Thanks to my cousin, my hair was still taken care of for the last 3 months. She was and is a life saver, and I love her so very much.

We are going to try to get pics up in this post by 1/30/10. Today we'll be dc'ing with ORS Rep Pk without heat for about 2 - 3 hrs, after a protein treatment.

DC'd on dry hair with Garlic Conditioner/ Joico MR mix. Also, rubbed evening primrose oil on my scalp and throughout my hair. Co-washed with Mane and Tail conditioner.

Hello ladies hope your dc's are going well. I am doing an overnight with Elasta QP DPR-11(1st time using ever). I really miss atlanta when I go to the BSS here in mobile, why the lady look at me like why aint you buying no hair cuz every chick in line had at least two packs. Me and DH just laughed in the car:lachen:. Im gonna rinse out in the morning before I go to work and wet bun.

I am dc'ing (with my heat cap) using a combination of Skala Fruit Cocktail masque, Matrix Biolage Cera-Repair and La Plancha. :lick:

Yesterday I deep conditioned with my heat cap for 45 minutes with AOHSR mixed with coconut oil, and tried shescentit cococream leavin, it was delicious:lick:

did hot oil treatment with evoo/hot six oil. it sat a little longer than normal today cuz i got caught up watching the end of the jacksons movie lol.

Hey ladies. I missed the last of the 2009 challenge due to health issues. Thanks to my cousin, my hair was still taken care of for the last 3 months. She was and is a life saver, and I love her so very much.

We are going to try to get pics up in this post by 1/30/10. Today we'll be dc'ing with ORS Rep Pk without heat for about 2 - 3 hrs, after a protein treatment.
I will add you to this one. Seems you are feeling better now so that's a good thing.

I am dc'ing (with my heat cap) using a combination of Skala Fruit Cocktail masque :lick:
This sounds so good.

I've had my twists in for 15 days, and I am going to see if they can make it for another 7 days.

So I put some V05 Strawberries and Cream Moisture Milk on my twists followed by some castor oil, and sat under the dryer for 45 minutes on medium heat. Then I did 10 minutes on cool and did not rinse out. It feels pretty good. :yep:

Am stilll hanging in there, doing my Dc once a week with LeKair Cholesterol, I just like this cheapie conditioner, took down one of my braids after dcing, my hair was soft and felt good, this conditioner is a keeper for me.

Yesterday I pre-pooed with Motions CPR. I also did a coconut oil and garlic treatment for my scalp. Didn't help with shedding much. Maybe I didn't leave it on long enough. Anyway, I didn't DC for a long time this time because I was short on time. When I finished shampooing, I used AO HSR with a plastic cap while I showered for about 10-15 minutes. That was the extent of my DC. I'll do a better DC during the week.

Checking in!
Yesterday, I clarified my hair, so I ended up doing my protein treatment after the shampoo.
I used Motions CPR for 30 minutes, and then steamed my hair for two hours with Nexxus Humectress.

I think I really needed to clarify, because my steam treatment took to my hair much better this week, even though I did the same thing as last week. It feels much more moisturized and has more shine. :yep:

Back