Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

I washed with CON (green), did an ION rinse, then DCed with AO GBP with heat for about 50 min then cool for about 7.

I'm soooo glad I joined this challenge. DCing is like second nature to me now, already. Thanks for starting this OP!!! :yep:

You're welcome.

I'd like in on this challenge!
I DCed with a mixture of Aussie 3 Minute Miracle, AOHSR, and coconut oil on freshly washed and detangled hair with no heat for abt an hour. DREAMY!!

I DC'd last night with Aussie Moist 3 Min Miracle. it was a quick DC since I washe dmy hair so late.

I don't know what I had been doing, but my hair was so soft and easy to detagle even after my shampoo. Go figure

I thought I had signed up for this challenge? Please add me. I DC with heat every 3 days. I mix con's so can't just list one. I have pics on my profile. Thanks!

I pre-pooed last night with ORS Hair Mayonnaise underneath some EVOO with the heating cap. :lick: My hair felt great, it was definitely delightful and delicious. I'm DCing under my heating cap right now with Redken Real Control Intense Renewal moisturizing deep conditioner (my latest favorite) mixed with Giovanni Smooth as Silk. Will braid or twist tonight and baggy the ends.

I have a question for you ladies. I was reading FOTM Kami's regimen and she said that she DC's first on dry hair with heat, then shampoos. Does anyone else do that? Does your hair still feel conditioned after poo'ing? Do you only try to shampoo the scalp? Do you do a conditioner rinse after shampooing? Seems like it would same time to do this, but just wanted to hear other people's experience.

TIA

I do this. I have very fine hair and me Dcing last leaves my hair weighed down. So I DC first, poo, cheap con for softening up and final rinse with the cuticle closer stuff. It works for me and my hair is always light and fully. Plus I use too many oils in my DC to be doing that last. Yes it still is conditioned after the poo, plus it cuts down from all that jumping in and out the shower billions of times. Just one shower trip is all I need.

Anywho at the moment I am doing a dry DC using coconut oil, honey, CON purple, and 2 min ApHogee.
I guess I will wash it with ApHogee poo, do my tea rinse, and soften it up again with my Salon Care Honey and Almond Conditioner, oh yea and my FSP for the final rinse.

Since I'm switching up my hair styles (braidouts/twistouts) for a few weeks I'm going to up my cowashing/DCing. Poo'd with Lavender Castile Soap then cowashed with Giovanni SAS (I like this, need to try it again tho). DC'd with SE mixed with Sitrinillah, oils, and MT. I used up the SE (won't repurchase) I have other protein conditioners I can add to my DCs as needed.

Twisted up with Cococream Leave in, vakita frosting, and butter mix. Will let sit overnight and wear a twistout for the rest of the week. Will henna on Sunday night.

I normally wash/dc once a week but I wound up doing it twice bc my hair hair turned out bad from the first wash. I tried a mix of melted coconut oil and ORS deep conditioner. My hair wasn't feeling it. Today I stuck with just ORS and steamed for 30 min.

DC'd with AOHSR under heat cap for 1 hr. Rinsed out and used Giovanni Direct as leave in, Qhemet Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee as a moisturizer and olive oil and shea butter as a sealant. Cornrowed my hair and will try to keep them in for a month. I will DC (weekly) on braids, cleanse scalp and cowash (as needed) until next month's clarifying and henna session.

i havent deep conditioned mid week in what seems like forever. tomorrow i will deep condition my hair with cur junkies curl rehab conditioner. i have been trying to get rid of this conditioner for the longest. it will not be a repurchase.

On Monday, I dced on dry hair with aubrey gpb for the 1st time. w/ heat for like 20 minutes. It's a very thick creamy conditioner. I think it worked well. My hair was very soft when I rinsed. Then I rinsed out shampooed w/ elasta qp shampoo for relaxed hair then conditioned w/ giovanni smooth as silk and detangled. :infatuated: I love giovanni sas.

Hey ladies I just wanted to check in I co- washed and deep conditioned my hair on sunday I co- washed with V05 strawberries & cream and I deep conditioned with designer touch deep therapy mayonnaise and I loved it so I decided from here on out to only co-wash my hair and the only time I will use shampoo is when my hair needs to be clarified

Last edited:
DC'd last night with ORS Olive Oil pack without heat for roughly 2 hours. I'm glad I didn't give up on this--the first couple times I used it, it left my hair hard...but now it's amazing.

I used Nexxus Humectress with coconut oil last night for 45 minutes. My hair loved it and I didn't even need to detangle afterwards.

I did a light amla treatment this morning. An amla tea rinse then loaded my hair with Shikai Everyday Condish and steamed.

I got the Deep conditioner out, ready to work it in and didn't do anything to my hair for the past week. I've been exhausted. I need a hair vacation. I think I want to go to a professional, but I am so scurred.

last night i shampooed then put in my hot oil treatment (used hot six oil) and let it sit for 1 hour with a shower cap. rinsed with hot water then conditioned with tresemme vitamin e moisture rich and my hair felt good. too bad i forgot and went crazy applying the bb mayonnaise and honey for my twistout lol. hair was not completely dry when i woke up and twistout became more of a chunky fro lol. from now on i have to remember that leave-in spray is all i need now that i do hot oil treatments.

DC'ing on dry hair w/heat from dryer. Hair is wrapped in a wet turbie with a shower cap on top. Using a mix of Silicon Mix, Nexxus Humectin, olive oil and honey. Will wash w/ Abba Pure Moisture poo and light condition with GVP Conditioning Balm and Porosity Control, then GVP Anti-snap leave-in and seal w/Cammelia Oil.

DC'ed lastnight with GPB mixed with Aussie 3 min ,iono why I mixed the 2 but it worked wonderfully :drunk:

Back