Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

I did my wash routine last night. I shampoo'd with jojoba hemp then cowashed with Too Shea! I DC'd with WDT with heat for an hour then let it cool while I finished cooking. I twisted up my hair for a twist out tonight with Aloeba Leave-in, Almond Glaze, and my butter mix to seal. My hair felt soooooooo soft even after the cowash and feels even better today. I can't wait to see what the twist out looks like.

Checking In!
I just finished with my DCing. I started with twenty minutes of Motions CPR, and followed with two hours of Nexxus Humectress and Vatika Oil. I currently have Porosity Control on my head, and will be rinsing that out in two minutes.

Today I gave myself an Aphogee 2 step hard protien (forgot how messy this could get!)
and after I DC'd with a mix of Nexxus Humectress and WEN sweet almond mint.

Last Sunday I washed w sulfate free shampoo, DC over night w matrix biolage ultra moisturizing balm. Paul Mitchell the conditioner, Redken anti snap, HE frizz creme, and a little biosilk all mixed together in my hand as a leave in. Sealed with coconut oil.
Today I co washed w/ HE LTR and DC for an hour w/ no heat w/ Matrix Biolage, applied my leave ins:redken anti snap, frizz creme, Paul Mitchell the conditiner and biosilk. I'm gonna rub a little nourish and shine before I go to bed.

hi ladies,

i just got braids but i am still in this challenge. prior to this, i DCed under a cap no heat for an hour or so once a week. now, i'm going to DC once a week or week and a half under the dryer while in braids. i'm taking this "braid break" for 7 weeks and then i will take them out and get a relaxer touch up. that will put me at 21 or 22 weeks post relaxer...

i probably won't touch my braids for a week. it feels tight today and i need a few days for my scalp to feel a bit back to normal. but i will DC next week. :)

I dc'd on Thursday night using my Lustrasilk , I got lazy and went to sleep with it. Didn't wash it out until Friday morning, my hair felt great!

I'm wrapping up my DC right now. Since I'm going out tonight and I get my relaxer on Thursday I used K-pak like a relaxer on my new growth with heat and a hot towel. Then I used some Alter Ego garlic since I'm shedding like crazy and I'm wraping up with the Shu Uemura Moisture Velvet mask.

Washed today using my Kpak shampoo, followed by Kpak conditioner. Now sitting under he dryer with a mixture of Neutrogena Triple Moisture hair mask and Hello Hydration.
I've got to make sure that I have my hair in tip-top shape before the new baby gets here since It'll be a few weeks before I have time to sit under the dryer for an hour once he's here!

Lately, I've been DCing with either Smooth Down Butter Treat or Shescentit Avocado conditioner. Either way, I leave it on for about an hour and my hair has been nice and silky each time! Love them!!

I pre-pooed w/ Castor Oil/Vatika Oil/Cholesterol. I also did an Emergencee Tx. Now I'm DCing w/ Alterna Hemp Hydrate.

I broke out and used my Silicon Mix. I haven't used it in a while and remembered I liked it. :grin:

I slathered some on dry, hair and did a Wii Fit and Fitness Coach workout for almost an hour. I pulled out the steamer and I'm going to sit under that and watch the game.

Doing a prepoo with oils then I will sit under the heat cap, wash with CON (green), do a double tea rinse, DC under the steamer with WDT, cowash with Darcy's Pumpkin condish, detangle, acv rinse, and end with a cold water rinse.

DC'd yesterday w a mixture of AOHSR (cut bottle open and scraped out the last of it), Motions Moisture Plus (don't really like it so I'm trying to mix a little w other things to use it up), Phillip B Light Weight DC, EVOO, and honey. Sat under the heating cap for 45min.

My hair felt so wonderful afterwards. I'm going to mix EVOO and honey to all my DC's going forward.

I washed with CON (green), did an ION rinse, then DCed with AO GBP with heat for about 50 min then cool for about 7.

I'm soooo glad I joined this challenge. DCing is like second nature to me now, already. Thanks for starting this OP!!! :yep:

Just checking in: I've been cowashing every other day (or every 2 days....its soooooo cold out!) and airdrying in braids or plaits. I've been wearing daily sock buns (braid out buns, smooth buns, etc). Yesterday I used AOGPB conditioner on dry hair for about 30min, then used paul mitchell shampoo two to clarify. I then used giovanni deeper moisture and used a mix of EVOO and giovanni direct leave-in and put my hair in 5 plaits to airdry. My new growth is really lookin good. I'll be 8 weeks post relaxer this tuesday. I don't plan on getting a relaxer till march, so this regimen is helping me keep my NG tamed and moisturized.

I'm DCing today. I'm pre-pooing right now with Vatika Frosting (I LOVE the smell of this stuff!) I'm going to poo and use a Biolage ceramide vial then DC with EQP DPR-11, rinse and do a quick rinse of Porosity Control to help detangle my NG.

DCing tonight (both own hair & weave);

Pre-poo: Dr Haushka Neem Oil on my scalp and give myself a 10 - 15 min massage before rinsing out.

Rinse: Ayurvedic Tea mixture

Shampoo: CON or Mizani

Protein: Joico K PAK

DC: Joico Moisture balm + Matrix Biolage Cera repair vial.

Leave in: NTM

then sit under hood dryer on low for 30 mins with a net and then style tomorrow morning.

I'm just about to do a DC on dry hair will use the following:-

Redken Extreme Force
Aveda Dry Remedy Shampoo
AO White Camilla, might add my Biologe cera repair tube
PC
Rollerset using Rusk Smoother leave-in and a few drops of Alfaparf Cristalli liquidi

I may sleep in my rollers then pin my hair up in a loose bun tomorrow.

Question: If I trade in my deep conditioning for hot oil treatments am I still qualified to be in the challenge?

DC'd last night with Kenra Color Maintenance Conditioner; dry hair, 30 minutes with heat. I picked it up yesterday at the Ulta on a whim...bad me, I know--like I need more deep conditioners. But! They have Kenra liters on sale for $14 and I couldn't say no. The only color I have in my hair is henna, but the third ingredient on the list was silk protein.

My looked really good last night, even before I added my leave-ins and sealed. Curls were defined, and my hair had a great sheen to it.

Question: If I trade in my deep conditioning for hot oil treatments am I still qualified to be in the challenge?

I know that there is this big old debate whether oils are moisturizing or not. I don't care. You do you. Yes, you can remain in the challenge.

I will be dc'ing with my Matrix Biolage Cera-Repair/Skala Ceramides G3 mixture. I am aiming for 30 minutes using my heat cap.

DC'd with Kerastase Masquintense for Dry/Thick Hair for 30 minutes under the dryer. I really liked the results I got last week after DC'ing with Hydratherma Naturals Moisture Boosting (?) Deep Conditioner, but decide to switch up this week since my stylist convinced me to splurge on this Kerastase (need to use it up or the PJ in me will start feeling really guilty for buying another expensive product that I don't use).

Back