Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

Deep conditioned on this past Sunday with a mix of Queen Helene Cholesterol and Mizani Moisturefuse with some EVOO added. Thought I'd get a great protein/moisture mix since the Moisturefuse acts as a mild protein for me. Bad combination. It came out looking like clumps of cottage cheese and did not melt into my hair the way I wanted. I had to really massage it in there, and then came to find out I hadn't washed it all out when I thought I did. So I'll do a mild shampoo this week to get rid of the residue. Note to self:don't mix those two again:nono:

Sunday - 1/10/10
DC'd under steamer for 30 minutes w/ ORS replenishing
Conditioner rinsed w/Shescentit Banana Brulee

(I'm always late posting for some reason - lol)

Currently under the heating cap doing a hot oil treatment w/ coconut oil.
Will do a maka, fenugreek, & amla tea rinse. Then deep condition for 30 to 40 mins. with a mixture of lustrasilk shea, aussie moist, coconut oil, rosemary oil, eucalpytus oil, raw honey, & aloe very juice.

As always, I love twisting my hair after a DC, so I'll twist it up
with some afoveda cocolatte moisture mask, qhemet biologics honey hydrating balm, and seal with coconut oil. I'm trying to decide what to oil my scalp with. Maybe some shikakkai (sp?) growth oil from afroveda or some vatika oil.

Deep conditioned on this past Sunday with a mix of Queen Helene Cholesterol and Mizani Moisturefuse with some EVOO added. Thought I'd get a great protein/moisture mix since the Moisturefuse acts as a mild protein for me. Bad combination. It came out looking like clumps of cottage cheese and did not melt into my hair the way I wanted. I had to really massage it in there, and then came to find out I hadn't washed it all out when I thought I did. So I'll do a mild shampoo this week to get rid of the residue. Note to self:don't mix those two again:nono:

Yikes! That was a nasty surprise. It's always unfortunate when a conditioner mix doesn't turn out well.

Going to DC tonight. This weekend, I am probably going to give myself a 2 step treatment, so I will need to DC with a moisturizing conditioner to play it safe.

Checking in..I slathered on some cayenne oil and massaged my scalp before adding my mix of elasta qp dpr-11, honey, and coconut oil. I did my version of a steam cap and the dc on for about 2 hrs. The little bit of hair I have feels wonderful

DC'd for 2 hours today with Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Conditioner, sealed with Olive Oil, under a plastic cap while I worked. Then co-washed with Mane and Tail, washed that out and tried something new: Did a final rinse with a small amount of honey, coconut oil, organix shea butter conditioner mixed into water. My hair was shiny and felt moisturized.

DCing as I type with hairveda SitriNillah under heat cap. Fell asleep last night while hennaing :blush: will update this post later with pics

ETA:hair with henna
henna1.14.10.jpg
starting natural shots
000_0037.jpg
000_0040.jpg

starting straightened shot (mid-december)
12.2009 straightened back shot.jpg

This is my 2nd time using hairveda sitrinillah and the first time using it following a henna treatment. I love the smell. It absorbs well and leaves my hair very soft.

Last edited:
I think I'll DC tomorrow. I found a bottle of Chi infra treament. Can't I use that to DC? If not, I have some Dr. Miracles that I will be DCing with.

DCing right now with UBH conditioner under the dryer for 30 minutes. It's flexi flexi flexi rods after that and back under the dryer.

Will DC tomorrow (Steam) with a mixture of EVOO, AO GBP and L'anza Kukui Nut Hair Mask.:lick: After Hendigo'ing.

For the remainder of the 'Winter' Season I will either be adding EVOO, EVCO or Avacado Oil (Penetrating Oils) to all my Moisturizing DC'ing Treatments to see if I see a Noticeable Difference.:yep:

I am sitting here thinking about my DC that I will do on Monday.....I have so much I can use. But of course it will be a mixture of protein and moisture.

I'm going to DC tomorrow night with WDT. I'm kind of pre-pooing now scalp only with my HOT mix. I henna'd last week so I'll be doing another moisture DC and using moisturizing cowash conditioners maybe Giovanni SAS. I'm going to purchase a heat cap if I can find the money to justify the purchase. For now I'll stick to my soft bonnet dryer.

Ladies,

How does your hair feel using honey in your DC in the winter? Since its so dry here in the northeast I'm nervous about using a humectant that may dry my hair out. TIA

Amla and Fenugreek treatment with steam for 40min (trying to revive some curls in the front of my head)
Rinse and DC AOHSR +castor oil

Prepoo with Mane n Tail and coconut oil for 20 mins with heat
Deep condition with Pantene Time Renewal and an olive/castor oil mix for 45 mins with heat

I'm going to DC tomorrow night with WDT. I'm kind of pre-pooing now scalp only with my HOT mix. I henna'd last week so I'll be doing another moisture DC and using moisturizing cowash conditioners maybe Giovanni SAS. I'm going to purchase a heat cap if I can find the money to justify the purchase. For now I'll stick to my soft bonnet dryer.

You made me remember that I henna'd last week also, so I guess I will stick with an all moisturizing DC this upcoming week too.

I have a question for you ladies. I was reading FOTM Kami's regimen and she said that she DC's first on dry hair with heat, then shampoos. Does anyone else do that? Does your hair still feel conditioned after poo'ing? Do you only try to shampoo the scalp? Do you do a conditioner rinse after shampooing? Seems like it would same time to do this, but just wanted to hear other people's experience.

TIA

I have a question for you ladies. I was reading FOTM Kami's regimen and she said that she DC's first on dry hair with heat, then shampoos. Does anyone else do that? Does your hair still feel conditioned after poo'ing? Do you only try to shampoo the scalp? Do you do a conditioner rinse after shampooing? Seems like it would same time to do this, but just wanted to hear other people's experience.

TIA

In the winter I prefer to DC on dry hair with heat, then shampoo (I use ABBA Pure Moisture poo- sulfate/paraben free). My shampoo is diluted and in a bottle with a long tip, so I squeeze it into my scalp and gently massage thru my hair (the water running down the strands is all that's needed). I apply another moisturizing condish and let it sit while I finish my shower (about 5-10 min. depending on whether I'm shaving, etc.), and detangle while rinsing under the shower stream.

My hair feels great and it does save time. I've also done the same method using a protein DC. I just leave a moisturizing DC on for a longer period (i.e. take a longer shower). HTH

DC'd last night with Redken Extreme for 30 minutes w/heat followed by GVP Conditioning Balm for 30 minutes w/heat. Used GVP "Redken" Anti-Snap as leave-in for the first time. I really like the Anti-Snap. My hair feels thicker and stronger and the cuticle is smoother.

Back