Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

Tonight I clarifyed with baking soda & water.
DCed under cap with Aphogee 2 minute for 20 minutes.
Now DCing with Lustrasilk Shea, raw honey, aloe very juice, Aussie 3 Min, & castor oil.
Will tea rinse, apply afrodetangler & coconut oil, then twist up for the night.
I think I"ll wear my head wrap tomorrow, so I don't have to worry about doing anything to my hair once I detangler & big twist.
Happy growing ladies!

Hi ladies just wanted to check if Giovanni Smooth as silk and smooth as silk intense could be used as DC's?

TIA :grin:

are those rinse out conditioners?

I DC'd with Caramocal Joy's Shea-Co Smoothing Custard and my Cordless Heat Wrap from Brendita's Body Works

I need to let it cool down before rinsing

Today I did my first protein treatment with mayo and egg and a bunch of other things. I have always need afraid to use egg for protein because I thought they would cook in my hair. After I washed it out, there were a couple of particles in my hair but nothing I couldn't handle.

I followed this with a moisturizing DC (hairveda sitrinillar DC)

Still DCing at least once a week. Redken Intense Renewal Moisturizing Deep Conditioner. :love3:

Alter Ego Linange Restructing Mask gets a thumbs up so far too. I'm going to be purchasing some drug store dc's in the near future as well. I have my sights particularly set on Aussie Moist Deeeep Con, as my hair loves Aussie moist regular con so I can only expect/hope for good things with the deep conditioner. Still haven't purchased QH, turns out it's not sold locally after all. Oh well...

are those rinse out conditioners?

I DC'd with Caramocal Joy's Shea-Co Smoothing Custard and my Cordless Heat Wrap from Brendita's Body Works

I need to let it cool down before rinsing

No. On the back of the conditioners there is a gauge that tells you how deep the conditioning is for the product. Smooth as Silk is a 4 on the scale of 1-4, 4 being deep conditioner, 1 being light conditioner/leave in (Giovanni Direct Leave in is 1). 50/50 I think is a 3 or a 4 (I use it as a DC anyway). Smooth as Silk is a fantastic deep conditioner for moisture. It's basically a staple for me. Giovanni Nutrafix is also considered a deep conditioner but it's for protein not moisture. I have used/still using and love all three. HTH you and stellagirl76

Last edited:
No. On the back of the conditioners there is a gauge that tells you how deep the conditioning is for the product. Smooth as Silk is a 4 on the scale of 1-4, 4 being deep conditioner, 1 being light conditioner/leave in (Giovanni Direct Leave in is 1). 50/50 I think is a 3 or a 4 (I use it as a DC anyway). Smooth as Silk is a fantastic deep conditioner for moisture. It's basically a staple for me. Giovanni Nutrafix is also considered a deep conditioner but it's for protein not moisture. I have used/still using and love all three. HTH you and stellagirl76

Thanks so much goodmorning ruby !!!

I decided to deep condition once a week instead of twice because during the winter my scalp gets drier. I just deep conditionned with darcy's botanicals deep conditioning mask

pre pooed , did a mixture of hibiscus, maka and amla, then DC'ed with ORS replenishing pak, I'm air drying right now but my hair feels so soft:infatuated:

I Dced with silicon mix yesterday mixed with coconut oil, jojoba oil, olive oil and honey. :lick:
then i cowashed with aussie moist

I DCed yesterday after doing my touch up. I used AO HSR with heat for 50-60 minutes. I also bought some honey to start trying in my conditioners. I can't wait!!! :yep:

Last edited:
DCed friday with giovanni extreme protein infusion and i LOVE it. it was the first time my hair felt strong without feeling crunchy or hard. its DEFINITELY my protein dc staple!

i'm dcing now for the 1st time in 3 weeks. I was scare to do it for 3 weeks cuz I was battling a bad cold. I hope my hair didn't suffer too much.

I just had an invigorating wash with Trader Joe's Tree Tea shampoo. Oohh! I used the Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor and washed out after five minutes. Now I'm DCing with UBH Conditioner (extra dose of peppermint tonight) under the dryer for 30 minutes.

Checking in...
DC'd with One and Only Argan Oil Restorative Hair Mask+ cap overnight :yep:
I have found a new staple!!

Last edited:
Finally tried dcing on dry hair. Steamed with ORS and coconut oil for 30 minutes. My hair came out just as soft when I dc on wet hair.

Finally checking in, forgot to add my starting pic. My pic in sig will be my starting pic. DC on Saturday with LeKair Cholesterol Plus for 30 mins using heat. Since I am in braids at the moment shall be DCing once a week for now.

I DC'ed on Sat with NTM deep recovery mask:grin: I think this is about to be my main DC my hair is in LOVE with it :yep: ....

Since i'll be doin an unplanned wash later on today (my scalp's itchy..that never happens).. I guess there will be some DC'n going on... maybe with some hair mayo followed up with Giovanni smooth as silk... we shall see

Back