Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

Checking in:

DC'd overnight (on dry hair) last night with MT on my scalp and a Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner/ Mane and Tail combination on my hair. Just co-washed with Organix Shea Butter Conditioner.

Ahh, today is my Aphogee 2-step day. I swear I may be one of the few naturals that utterly LURVES this treatment!! So I oiled with mustard oil last night (I swear this stuff smells like McDonald's hot mustard sauce--my poor SO :nono:), and will wash with ORS Creamy Aloe today, then do the 2-step. I will then mix up something heavy with oils and sit under my steamer for 30 minutes. Ooh it's delovely :lick:!

My hair is still straight form my length check press, so I don't want to wash my hair. Instead I am going to do an oil DC with heat. I will coat my strands with a thin layer of an absorbant oil mix (Coconut, Apricot Kernal, Almond), then I will wrap with saran and sit under heat. This should keep my hair straight, not oily (weird), and maintain moisture in the strands. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I was bad this week. Did not have the energy, today is my only DC for the week. Was a bit heavy handed with my sealers which led to a ton of buildup on my scalp. And of course my scalp wasn't happy at all and I was shed alot while washing today.

I hope I made up for it by giving myself a good massage while shampooing, doing a 20 min DC with Aphogee 2 min and then I'll follow up with ORS repleneshing.

Check in: I'm sitting under the steamer now with a concoction of Jessie Curls Too Shea, avocado oil and amla oil. I'll check back next week, Happy Growing!:peace:

Im sitting under my bonnet dryer now eating turkey chili, enjoying the oils DC. Will ETA with results :)

I've been a little preoccupied since being here in Florida and I've been bad to my hair...I didn't wash/DC and retwist on my set day and I haven't been sleeping with my bonnet, but I DCed just now and twisted in 2 strands for my 3 day twist out and I'm goin back to washing and retwisting every 3 days. having set days doesnt work for me cuz i'm no good at keeping dates.

I'm about to DC with my Honey, coconut oil, vatika oil, and Trader Joe's Nourish spa mix
I will sit under my heat cap for about 30 minutes and 30 minutes without cap.

I deep conditioned earlier this week with I forget what :lol: and am DC'ing again right now.

Steps:
-I prepoo'd with red palm oil (I finally found it without salt added)
-Clarified with Elucence Volume Clarifying Shampoo
-With my hair in 4 sections, I applied a mixture of avocado oil, vegetable glycerin, Oyin's Honey Hemp conditioner and Redken's Smooth Down Butter Treat.

I'm about to get under my soft bonnet dryer for about 30 minutes, then rinse, apply a cheapie conditioner for detangling, then rinse again.

ETA: I don't usually prepoo, but I try to whenever I use shampoo. I think I shampoo probably every 4th wash.

I'm in :). I'm using giovanni's smooth as silk shampoo, smooth as silk conditioner, magnetic restruxturing (sic) conditioner, abba color protect and mega-tek rebuilder. I rotate these so that my hair gets the benefits from each and so that the efficacy of each remains. The smooth as silk conditioner makes my hair feel like straw with all the protein so I avoid it except when I really need a good shot of protein. The Magnetic restructuring conditioner is great, makes my hair feel soft and defines the texture. It has a special element in it that's suppose to give your hair a positive charge or something, anyway one day I saw the bottle spark...kinda scary but the stuff works :p. Mega-Tex rebuilder is also awesome, it instantly makes my hair feel stronger with less breakage and defines the texture well. I mainly use this as my deep conditioner as well as the abba pure color protect. I co-wash nearly every day and deep condition every other day.

I'm in :). I'm using giovanni's smooth as silk shampoo, smooth as silk conditioner, magnetic restruxturing (sic) conditioner, abba color protect and mega-tek rebuilder. I rotate these so that my hair gets the benefits from each and so that the efficacy of each remains. The smooth as silk conditioner makes my hair feel like straw with all the protein so I avoid it except when I really need a good shot of protein. The Magnetic restructuring conditioner is great, makes my hair feel soft and defines the texture. It has a special element in it that's suppose to give your hair a positive charge or something, anyway one day I saw the bottle spark...kinda scary but the stuff works :p. Mega-Tex rebuilder is also awesome, it instantly makes my hair feel stronger with less breakage and defines the texture well. I mainly use this as my deep conditioner as well as the abba pure color protect. I co-wash nearly every day and deep condition every other day.

Congratulations on your first post and WELCOME to the party!

Did an amla treatment and followed up with oil on my scalp and NTM mask w/Giovanni SAS and honey as my dc. Debating now to either sleep with it overnight or rinse out now. Proably rinse out in the morning seeing how I really dont feel like braiding it up tonight.

Checking in:

Today was the only day i dc'ed b/c I'm still waiting on my elasta qp dpr-11 to arrive, but I went ahead and bought a packet of silk elements from Sally's today. I mixed it with my cayenne oil and but it on dry then saran wrapped my head, put a warm towel and a shower cap and left it on for about 3 hours while I did other things around the house. I rinsed with cold water and added shea butter and kemi oyl before putting my satin durag on.

Tonight was my first DC of 2010! I prepoo'd overnight with a mixture of amla oil, castor oil, and MTG. Then I DC for 45 minutes with a mayonnaise mixture that I mixed a couple of weeks ago. It was in the 'fridge and I needed to get rid of it. Followed by 10 minutes with V05 Strawberries & Cream Moisture Milk. If I'm good, I'll twist my hair tonight.

my first update since ive been added too the challenge. i deep condition with nexxus hemectruss. it works so well with my hair. i sit under the dryer for 15 to 20 minutes followed by another hour without the dryer. risnse out then apply ors hair lotion b4 i roller set and im good for 3 days or so. i mite start deep conditioning more often but i only do it once a week and co wash every 3 to 4 days.

Checking in .... Dc'd with Elvive Replenishing Conditioner and Avocado oil yesterday without heat. Wrapped head and put a plastic cap for at least 6 hours then RPC for final rinse, hair had slip and felt divine. My steamer is coming on Monday, I'm so excited!!!!

Checking in, yesterday I did a 45 minute protein treatment with Motions CPR and then DCed for a few hours with Nexxus Humectress.
I finally stopped seeing breakage at my nape, so now I can dial back my weekly protein to about 15-20 minutes, as opposed to 30-45. :yay:

Checking in for the week....I am doing a deep condition with a mixture of Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor, Aussie 3 minute miracle, EVOO, and HE dangerously straight for 30 minutes under my hooded dryer with my conditioing cap on.

Last edited:
I deep conditioned with OVATION Cell Therapy for 2 hours without heat. I only used a plastic conditioning cap.

I'm posting this from my Wii console Internet Channel. How cool is that?

I did my DC yesterday. I had the opportunity to try the Shu Uemura Moisture Velvet mask and was impressed with the results. My hair was actually blinging which is unusual when I do it myself :-).

I a dc'ing right now with Rusk keratin pro (added honey and some of my homemade hair butter). I had it under a plastic bonnet since this morning, with no heat. I will rinse out in about 2 hours, so it would have stayed 7h.

I will be dcing on hair that was prepooed with black seed & aragon oil and washed with CON (green). Trying to decide if I will steam with Sitrinillah or Jessicurl WDT.

DC'ed on Wednesday with Le Kair Cholestrol olive oil creme wit a plastic cap and then Roux Porosity conditioner. I need another conditioner because this made my hair pretty dry

Hello Everybody! Just got my new steamer and did a 30 minute dc with Miss Jessie's Rapid Recovery Treatment. My hair feels really soft and well conditioned. I love this stuff!!

Back