Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

Count me in :)

Joining... I'm doing a dry DC right now with Aussie Moist Deeeep mixed with Goldwell Kerasilk Treatment for Dry Hair and organic coconut oil. I'm letting it sit in a plastic cap for about an hour, no heat.

Count me in! This past Saturday, I DC'd with DooGro Mega Thick Intense Repair Treatment (mixed with a little coconut oil). I plan to DC again this weekend with Kerastase Masquintense for Dry/Thick Hair. Will check in then...

Ladies I will add you.

I am DCing right now with Smooth and Shine 60 second Reconstructor
13765-001921_l.jpg

I know it's only intended for 60 seconds, but the ingredient list made me choose it as a DC today.
Aqua (Water), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyquaternium-32, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Pearl Powder, Silk Amino Acids, Panthenol, Biotin, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Polybutylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer, Ethylene/VA Copolymer, Maris Sal (Sea Salt), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Parfum (Fragrance), CI 15985 (Yellow 6).

I know it contains mineral oil, but has soooooooo many other goodies, SAA, Biotin, panthenol, yippee. Can't wait to rinse. Oh, and as a part of my DC, I oiled my scalp with sweet almond oil. I saw on someone's youtube that when DCing, you should oil your scalp.

DC'ing tonight on dry hair with mixture of Aphogee 2-minute and Redken Smooth Down. Will poo with Hair One, apply Nourish Spa condish while showering, , detangle, rinse and apply Porosity Control for about a min.

Under the steamer with amla treatment. I used amla, coconut oil, coconut milk, and honey. I will follow with a moisturizing cowash. Here is a link to the benefits of amla:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=9563900&postcount=3

Also it supposedly assists with bringing out your texture. Some mix henna with amla since henna may loosen the curl pattern for some. I'm texlaxed and 6 months post transitioning to natural so I like the tightening of my curl pattern.

Count me in as well. I'm presently in a sew in weave for at least another 3-4 weeks. Once I'm out I will be about 8 weeks post so I will be heavily
DCing. I am using Keracare Humecto as my primary DC once the weave is out. I'll start the weekly updates when the weave comes out on Feb 4th.

I am in yarn braids, so I diluted some bentonite clay and got a toothbrush and applied to my scalp. I let that sit for about 30 minutes and then I rinsed really good and washed with ORS Creamy aloe poo. I did this twice because my hair was funky and I can't stand that mess. I also washed the braids. Then I applied Elasta QP DPR-11 only on my roots and let this sit while I showered. I then rinsed really well. And towel dried and did my normal routine.

My hair was ok after the DC although I am sure I am not getting the full effect in braids. I know this DC worked great on my DS and DD hair so I look forward to using it again on all my hair.

Under the steamer with amla treatment. I used amla, coconut oil, coconut milk, and honey. I will follow with a moisturizing cowash. Here is a link to the benefits of amla:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=9563900&postcount=3

Also it supposedly assists with bringing out your texture. Some mix henna with amla since henna may loosen the curl pattern for some. I'm texlaxed and 6 months post transitioning to natural so I like the tightening of my curl pattern.
I liked this. Easy to make. Spread easily. I airdried in a bun but I won't take it down until tonight. I do know I think doing an amla tea rinse followed by a cowash brings out my curl pattern more. I will alternate the treatments with the tea rinses every 2 weeks. Ultimately it's worth doing both on a consistent basis because of all the other benefits.

Count me in as well. I'm presently in a sew in weave for at least another 3-4 weeks. Once I'm out I will be about 8 weeks post so I will be heavily
DCing. I am using Keracare Humecto as my primary DC once the weave is out. I'll start the weekly updates when the weave comes out on Feb 4th.

count me in!!

i DC with nexxus hemectruss every week and when i need extra protein i DC with ORS hair mayonaise.

You were added to the challenge.

Right now I'm dc'ing with an old school conditioner: mayonnaise (hellman's real mayo-best foods to those of you on the west coast). I put a little bit of EVOO and Black Earth African Healing Oyl. I'm so used to putting this stuff on my hair that I think it's nasty when people eat it. Then again, I don't eat mayonnaise at all.

I used to put an egg in it, but I always forgot to rinse in cold water...so...yeah. So not doing that anymore. It already has eggs in it anyway. I also will be purchasing the newer variation of this mayonnaise. It is made with EVOO in it, so I won't need to spike it. I'm leaving it in for an hour. That's just what I do when I don't use heat.

After that I'm going to shampoo out and do a regular deep conditioning under the hooded dryer for 30 minutes. I'll be using AOHR conditioner.

I was going to use the Hask and Placenta conditioner pack with Olive Oil (it has olive oil in it, not to spike it)...but....

Little product allergy story: A few years ago I used Queen Helene Placenta hot oil treatment. I remember feeling very dizy, like I was going to pass out. Anyway, I thought I might be allergic to placenta. I had used the other variations of their hot oil treatment with success and no reaction.

So, before I used the Hask conditioner, I put a small amount on my fingertips and forearm. Nothing happened to my forearm, but my fingertips got really hot. So, no placenta for me. Guess I'll be experimenting with protein from the eggs in mayonnaise.

Count me in too:dance7:

Starting tomorrow I will use Nexxus and/or ORS
I might change it if i see something different when i go shopping tomorrow:yep:

Finger detangle on dry hair Afro detangler
CoWash YTCucumbers
Steam 30min with DC Castor oil and AOHSR mix

Hey, ladies! Just checking in.

Will henna tonight. Rinse out w/ VO5.
Then DC for an hour w/ a mixture of Lustrasilk Shea, Aussie 3 Minute
Miracle, EVOO, raw honey, aloe vera juice, rosemary & tea tree oil.
Will follow up with a fenugreek, maka, & rosemary tea rinse.

Ahhhhhh. I love henna days. :rolleyes:

Will Steam on Saturday with the Remainder of One of My bottles of AO GPB (that I transferred into a Jar for easy access). I have another unopened Bottle Left.:look:

Will work my way through various open DC's during this Challenge as I am trying to use up quite a bit in my Stash. Will also be rotating weekly between Heat Cap & Steamer. (This week it's Steam):lick:

just prepooed with mane n tail and coconut oil for 30 minutes with heat. will wash with hair one and deep condition for an hour with heat with pantene time renewal conditioner.

I co washed with V05 Moisture Milks and will sleep with my deep conditioner on. My DC is Amino Plus Protein Deep Conditioning Treatment by Hydratherma Naturals.

DC'ed today for 30 minutes with a mixture of Sitrinillah and Jessiecurl WDT. My hair is feeling so soft and moisturized.

I think I'm going to DC on Saturday and Sunday as well.

Checking in...

After using the ApHogee 2-Minute Reconstructor and Roux PC, I DC'ed for three hours (no heat) using Aubrey Organics HSR.

I cowashed with HE LTR, then applied Aphogee 2 minute for 5 minutes and now I'm sitting under the heating cap for 1 hour with Lekair Cholesterol.

After sleeping in my Hydratherma Naturals Amino Protein Deep conditioner overnight, I washed it out this morning then conditioned again with Carols Daughter Tui Hair Smoothie, rinsed, then used Hydratherma Naturals leave in protein conditioner and sealed it with Hyrdratherma growth oil. Just checkin in!!

I will DC every Sunday since that's when I did it last

I'll check in in a couple days

glad to see everyone keeping up with this vital step!

I prepoo'd with low heat for an hour and a half tonight with he hello hydration, a tablespoon each of aloe juice, vatika oil, honey, molasses, evoo and 10 drops each rosemary, clove bud and lavendar eo :lick:
shampooed with elasta qp creme conditioning shampoo and now have the fortifying conditioner with shea and cinnamon to give it a kick. will let sit for about 15 minutes.

I am DCing right now for the 2nd time this week. Co-washed with CON, then DC'd with ORS replenshing pak, going to wash out now.

Checking in...sitting under the dryer now for 30 minutes with Hydratherma Naturals Moisture Boosting DC Treatment.

Back