Delightfully Delicious Challenge 2011 (Pt.1)

Last night (bang only) Dc mix poppy seed oil/leave in/sealed with sunflower oil...
*Dc is NuNatt keratin mask mixed with poppy seed oil...Great combo/strong,soft hair with definition....

*Noticing my hair likes poppy seed oil mixed in DC...

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
Last week I used Hydratherma Naturals Amino Protein mixed with some of the Moisture Boost DC. Loved that combo!

I also did a DC with BFH Shea Mango Deep Tea Masque.

Later tonight, I plan to use MHC Olive You as a prepoo, wash, and probably DC with my BFH Custom DC.

I've been wearing my hair blowed out for the past month. My stylist deep conditions with Joico and Design Essentials mixed, under the dryer for 30 minutes. Yesterday I did Aphogee 2 minute for about 10 minutes and Yes To Carrots Hair and Scalp Mud for 3 hours. My hair is finally growing.

I'm way overdue for an update. I DC with LeKair on Sunday and it felt good while on and after rinsed. I used giovanni direct leave in. I sealed with jbco on ends and grapeseed and avocado mix on hair. My hair felt strong but bushy and course. No breakage. I wet detangled easily. I think the product is promising with a different leave-in combo. I usually use kimmaytubes but sometimes it leaves me oily and I am trying to use minimal product until I get TU. Fast forward days later, my hair feels well balanced (protein/moisture). My ng is still a bit coarse but I'm attempting to use minimal product until I get a TU on Fri (hopefully Fri).

Bang only-Miss Jessie curl poo,RedKen real control dc,Darcys pumpkin conditioner to rinse,Komaza curl lotion leave-in/sealed with rice bran,aprocot oil mix...

*This weekend I will Pre poo,Wash & Dc entire scalp/hair...

Happy Hair Growing!

Did a light protein treatment with ORS mayo and followed up with the replenishing conditioner ~1hr no heat. I love ORS products, they are so affordable and contain really great ingredients :yep:

has been so busy and disoriented she forgot to DC *dont stone me, i feel bad enough as it is* saturday i will give you the DC'ing of a life time plus i will properly clean my scalp (been going a little crazy with my growth oil...)

will be DCing overnight with ORS replenishing conditioner; this is definitely going on my staples list. It works great, I can find it locally and it's inexpensive; what more can a girl ask for.

DC'd yesterday with Darcy's pumpkin condish. I love the smell:lick::lick:. My hair felt great afterward. Love the texture and I used less than 4oz for my whole head which is good. Looking forward to using it again.

Last edited:
over night DC with my mix *finally attempting to use salt again* right now letting a little rosemary mint condish sit on my scalp just for the cool tingly feeling lol

Is it too late for me to officially join? I've been lurking on this challenge and participating from the sidelines for the past three weeks lol.

I'm deep conditioning today with Jessicurl's Weekly treatment. So far, so good :grin:

Just did my weekly DCing with AO HSR (moisture) & Aphogee 2min (protein). I just mixed them together on dry hair for 2hrs.

Freshly TU'd so won't be DCing until next week. I will be using my brand new Alter Ego Garlic. CAN'T WAIT.

Last edited:
I am steaming with the Suave Shea butter conditioner, coconut oil and hemp oil....made some seafood gumbo tonight and just finished two bowls!!!

I have not been able to DC/steam for about two weeks :( I just moved to a new state, and I am staying with my sister. I dont want to impose my haircare habits on her. I may do it Monday, after she returns from the dentist. She will probably want to :sleep: Plus Mondays are my hairdays.

I'm also a late coming, previously lurking member who wants to join.

I usually DC weekly with Alter Ego Energizing & Rebalancing Cream, overnight and/or using my rolling dryer. Planning to buy a heat cap in March or April, if I can't find my old '70s one with big orange daisies. May invest in a steamer when I can afford it.

Used a protein pack last week following my TU. It melts my NG and makes my hair feel like silk. I was heartbroken when I found out it was discontinued.

Going to try some other DC packs, since a friend sent some and the AE-E&RC is not always available. So far, the wonderfully cheap Africa's Best Organics Hair Mayo comes closest, but rinsing out the twigs and bits was a hassle.

Steaming hair for 40min (1X30min then 1X10min) with AOWC, AORM and castor oil

Last edited:
Finally DCing today with SE Cholesterol and Im going to also do the Aphogee 2 minute today. Im flat ironing next week and I want a little protein before.

Is it too late for me to officially join? I've been lurking on this challenge and participating from the sidelines for the past three weeks lol.

I'm deep conditioning today with Jessicurl's Weekly treatment. So far, so good :grin:

Join in @ anytime :grin: Adding you to the list now :yep:

Back