Delightfully Delicious Challenge 2011 (Pt.1)

Was supposed to Dc yesterday, but that didn't work out so I hennaed today and am now DCing with a mix of ORS replenishing and Keracare humecto (gold label). I'm leaving this on o/n :yep:

DCing right now with MyHoneyChiled Honey Hair Mask. I will wash it out in the mornig before work or I might just leave it on under my wig until I get home from work.

I pre poo with Strong roots (red pimento oil mix with mustard seed) /wash/DC with Nexxus hair mask 35min/BF leave-in/applied essential nutrients ceramides on my scalp/sealed the length with rice bran/ applied avocado butter over ends..*The next 2 days my hair will be up in a bun...My bang will be out as always...

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
I will be doing a deep condition with SE Cholesterol today. Too ready. I flatironed after my relaxer and have been enjoying my hair for the last two weeks so its time; its so thirsty I feel like I want to try at HOT

Im dcing with my steamer tommorow. I will be 8 weeks post on Sunday and honestly DCING is the TRUTH. Im loving what its doing to my hair.

DC'd yesterday with CG Babassu and MT. I left it on with heat for nearly 2 hours. Hair felt nice and strong.

Will use the last of the CG Tuesday before I take my braids out Friday. It's just too watery for my taste and rather than throw it away I'll just use it on my braids.

I did a cassia obovata with maka Monday followed by DCing with AOWC and my ceramide oil mix (throw in some argan oil too).

Just shampoo with Henna Sooq Berhempsu shampoo bar for the first time...my hair feel moist and clean! DCing now with AOWC and ceramide oil mix with the added. Since it's the weekend I will probably wear a twist out or wash n go.

HHG!

So I totally feel like I wasted my overnight DC on that MHC Honey HAir Mask. My hair felt as if I did nothing to it. So I will be doing a 1-hour DC with my ORS replenishing conditioner with steam ; can't go wrong with my ORS.

DCing right now with MHC Olive You. It's a lil watery but I can feel some good results so far. Will be using it again next wash day. May be able to get 3 uses out of 8oz. I'm going to use Komaza Olive Oil DCer after this and see how they compare. The Komaza is a staple for me.

I used the last of my CG babassu to cowash after an Aphogee 2 step treatment. So glad to be rid of that product.

I've been pretty consistently dc'ing 2x/week (overnight).

I think I found my dc holy grail though.
Yesterday I washed with kinky curly detangled and then applied a mix of Aubrey Organis GPB and HSR, left it in overnight with baggy (no heat), washed out in AM and then applied kimmays leave in.
My hair is soooooo soooooo soft. My braids are barely staying in. My hair felts super duper moist and rinsing out I immediately notice increased elasticity due to the protein.

I've been using Kimmay's leave in for about 2 months which I'm loving, with the addition to the dc my hair is left soft strong and not at all greasy. This is only day one so I don't know how long this will last, but I plan to dc again in a couple of days anyway.

I havent DCed the kast 2 wks bc if vacation and whatnot so this past weekend I DCed overnight with HE LTR. I used cantu shea butter as my leave in and air dried.

DCed with Banana Brulee for 2 hours without heat. I actually intended on only doing it for one hour, but I ended up falling asleep. :lol: It was steaming up in there once I took my plastic caps off.

Back