Delightfully Delicious Challenge 2011 (Pt.1)

Right now I'm under the steamer with AE Garlic Mask. Will steam for 40 mins on max steam - 620W. First time using it. It smells good, love the thick, yummy feel to the condish. Hope it delivers as promised.

@divachyk

I've never Mixed It. It works just fine for me.:look:

I can't 'imagine' mixing it with anything. Not even Oil.:perplexed

It works great alone.:look:
Oh okay, I misunderstood your post several pages back when you mentioned you steamed 30 minutes AE and 30 sitrinillah. I have seen where a few ppl mentioned they mixed it with other stuff. I'm taking my straight! No mixology. :yep:

Next week is my last week of this 6 month deployment so I shipped all my hair products home with the exception of about 4 paks of ORS, NTM leave-in, Therasmooth Smooth Guard, and Moisturfusion Shampoo. So next couple DC's will be ORS...

DC'd today with Replenishing Pak for about an hour no heat and did a hot oil treatment with Olive Oil.

i put my hair in rehab since i have been rejecting it so much lately. i dcd on sunday with con argan oil intensive treatment and last night i did an overnight dc with silk elements moisture treatment. My hair feels so much better now.

The AE Garlic condish was different than anything I've ever felt before. I popped the jar open and applied it to the hair and it was so thick and yummy. A thick and creamy I've never felt before with any of conditioners that I've previously purchased. I will say, this is my first pricey condish. My hair felt great upon rinsing. So great that I didn't want to stop rinsing. I will say this - after feeling how great this felt on my hair when applying and rinsing, I'm willing to pay the $30 for this and any other good quality product. This kinda have me wanting to go to divorce court to divorce all those cheaper conditioners. Maybe the other conditioners and I can go to mediation and work things out so that AE doesn't steal my heart exclusively. Prior to using AE, my hair was shedding a good bit from post-TU. The shedding has calmed down tremendously after one use.

Last edited:
The AE Garlic condish was different than anything I've ever felt before. I popped the jar open and applied it to the hair and it was so thick and yummy. A thick and creamy I've never felt before with any of conditioners that I've previously purchased. I will say, this is my first pricey condish. My hair felt great upon rinsing. So great that I didn't want to stop rinsing. I will say this - after feeling how great this felt on my hair when applying and rinsing, I'm willing to pay the $30 for this an any other good quality product. This kinda have me wanting to go to divorce court to divorce all those cheaper conditioners. Maybe the other conditioners and I can go to mediation and work things out so that AE doesn't steal my heart exclusively. Prior to using AE, my hair was shedding a good bit from post-TU. The shedding has calmed down tremendously after one use.
It is worth it and will last you because you won't use it mich after the shedding. It keeper for me, also look into tea and coffee rinse for shedding, cheaper and easy to use, you will find alot in the forum and you tube.

It is worth it and will last you because you won't use it mich after the shedding. It keeper for me, also look into tea and coffee rinse for shedding, cheaper and easy to use, you will find alot in the forum and you tube.
I've tried tea and um, it was a no-no. Made my hair hard; might have been user error. I typically use fresh chopped garlic mixed in oil, applied to scalp as prepoo to combat shedding. My dh was tired of seeing me go through the hassle of chopping so he purchased the AE for me. He's of the philosophy, save the trouble (chopping fresh garlic), just buy it (AE). With that said, he'll likely just agree to continue buying the AE so that I don't have to fool with coffee/tea rinses. Do you only use AE when you're shedding a lot?

Pre poo/Wash/Dc last night..Dc 1 side of hair with Deity dc (jar) rinsed with Mizani renew strength cap fiber repair/roots & length (Deity & Mizani caps rinse is for shedding applied to scalp & ends)2 hairs came out.....BF desert leave in/sealed with sunflower oil/christen gant pomade on ends...*Results soft hair..NO TANGLES..

Dc the other side of hair with RedKen real control (jar) rinsed with Nioxin #8 applied to scalp & ends..2 hairs came out...*Results hair had more body...Very soft silky & smooth.....NO TANGLES..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
I've tried tea and um, it was a no-no. Made my hair hard; might have been user error. I typically use fresh chopped garlic mixed in oil, applied to scalp as prepoo to combat shedding. My dh was tired of seeing me go through the hassle of chopping so he purchased the AE for me. He's of the philosophy, save the trouble (chopping fresh garlic), just buy it (AE). With that said, he'll likely just agree to continue buying the AE so that I don't have to fool with coffee/tea rinses. Do you only use AE when you're shedding a lot?

Yes, I only use it when shedding, i brought my first jar at hair show last year and just started shedding in Jan, used the jar up. What I did with the tea was follow Tracee method, and use the tea then put on DC. It work for me, and still allow me to save my alter ego. It too expensive to use every week.

@IDareT'sHair........
Okay T, plz give me 2 to 3 names of some other good, thick and creamy conditioners. :grin:

@divachyk

Buy some Sitrinillah when HV has her Sale:look: I Love this Conditioner (personally).

Komaza Hair Care Intensive is good as well as Komaza's Olive DC'er
BeeMine Deep Conditoner is Good
Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locs Hair Mask
Curl Junkie Deep Fix Banana & Hibiscus and CJ Moisture Rehab
Hydratherma Naturals Amino Protein & HTN Moisture Boost
Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin DC'er
Afroveda Ashlii
Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment

*Those are Handmade Naturals*

There are alot of Salon Quality Thick DC'ers as well

Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat
Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm is very, very good

Last edited:
Dc'ed last night using Butters-n-bars Hair Masque and sat under my steamer for 30mins....the jury is still out on this product.

@IslandDiva08

Me too Island.:ohwell: What are your thoughts? I steamed with it too. I think I like it. My Hair was very soft after I rinsed. And I gave it a decent 'review'

But it just seemed 'messy' to me (for some reason). Will finish up the jar tho'.:yawn:

Back