Delightfully Delicious Challenge 2011 (Pt.1)

wOW! I wish I could Dc my entire head 2xs a week...I dc my bang 2-3xs a week...But,my entire head cost too much money $$ (my hair only likes certain conditioners )

Happy Hair Growing!

I didn't see your post earlier so thank you, halee_J. I also do stationary things when I do a mid-week pampering. Last week I washed mid-week out of desperation (greasy hair) and I timed myself. Start - finish: 3 hrs with air drying. I was hustling though to get done in 3 hrs. Had I went slow and taken my time, it would have been longer. I think I will save time mid-week by only DCing for 20-30mins rather than 1hr.

IDareT'sHair, are you results the same if you steam 30mins rather than 1hr? I posted about this in another thread but I'm starting to think 1hr is too much for my hair at 620 wattage. At times my hair has a tendency to look kind of dull, a look I don't get when I DC without steaming.

I was planning to DC today but other things popped up. If I don't wash tonight then I will try a mid-week wash. :spinning:

@IDareT'sHair, are you results the same if you steam 30mins rather than 1hr? I posted about this in another thread but I'm starting to think 1hr is too much for my hair at 620 wattage. At times my hair has a tendency to look kind of dull, a look I don't get when I DC without steaming.

I was planning to DC today but other things popped up. If I don't wash tonight then I will try a mid-week wash. :spinning:

@divachyk

I think the results are basically the same. I just do an hour, because that's where I set my timer and sometimes I'll do 30 w/Protein & 30 w/Moisture

Anything after 20 minutes most of the time is just 'gravy'. Unless you're using a specific treatment that states: Leave on for 30 minutes to 1 hour for best results.

Right now I'm DC'ing my hair while in marley twists with Curl Junkie Curl Rehab. It's been about 30 minutes but I don't feel like rinsing my hair right now so I'm just gonna be lazy and keep it in for a while. I'm studying today, well mostly ( :giggle: )

Still deep conditioning my hair. Sorry I have been missing in action for a while. My life is a little busy right now.

I did a DC on Tuesday but didn't post an update. I used Alterna Caviar and it came out really well. It is time to do my next DC so I'm thinking about what I'll use next. I'll plan to do it tomorrow though and probably do a pre-poo of some sort tonight.

DCing right now with a mix of Hello Hydration, Moisturfusion, Long Term Relationship, ORS, honey, EVOO, carrot oil with no heat. Will rinse out after the Grammy's.

divachyk
Have you tried DCing on dry hair during the week instead of washing first? This is makes my DC during the week possible.

SailorSuccess: I was DCing on dry hair last year shortly after joining LHCF but somewhere along the way I read it takes the conditioner longer to penetrate on dry hair so in doing the math, I figured, shoot - I might as well shampoo and/or rinse first then DC if it penetrates quicker on wet hair.

DCing with body heat only with 4tbsp AOWC, 1T each of hemp oil, evoo, avocado oil and Roux PC. About to rinse in a bit.

Dcing with shea moisture deep treatment masque. first using it.

ETA: THIS DC SUCKS!! What a waste of ten bucks. Did absolutely nothing for my hair.

I co-washed on Friday evening and then added coconut oil and my other oil mix. My hair is SS (super soft)!! I will steam this week.

My review on Kercare humecto (gold bottle)

I do, I really do like it. It doesn't have as much slip as my beloved ORS replenishing, but it gave me great moisture. My hair air-dried very soft and smooth feeling, esp my ng. On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it an 8.

ETA: Does anyone know if the gold label humecto comes in a bigger size?

Thanks for the review...an 8/10 sounds good! :yep:

con washed and left Rusk Sensories Calm Treatment Guarana & Ginger Rejuvenating Reconstructor on overnight (blahhh, not impressed).

Last night DC my bang (only) with Nexxus DC mask (contains ceramides) use coconut milk leave-in,essential nutrients on scalp,sealed with rice bran/jojoba mix...Roots feels like strong velvet....

Happy Hair Growing!

DCing with Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol (hmmm that stuff smells so good:lick:) mixed with JBCO and Olive oil.

Last edited:
Steam dc'd, 30 mins with Silk Elements moisturizing treatment w/ a splash of Carol's Daughter Tui hair oil....Hair felt lush :yep:

@Brownie518 Did it detangle? I use some of the other products but,the desert leave-in is my favorite...

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita
Actually, yeah it did. :yep: And it was really moisturizing, too. The Ginger Macadamia and the Shea Mango Deep Tea are excellent, also. :lick: The Shea Almond detangles nicely, also.

Actually, the only things I've tried from BFH that I didn't love were the Angel Creme Light conditioner and the Chocolate Espresso. I'm gonna try the Chocolate one more time, just to be sure.

Lita
Actually, yeah it did. :yep: And it was really moisturizing, too. The Ginger Macadamia and the Shea Mango Deep Tea are excellent, also. :lick: The Shea Almond detangles nicely, also.

Actually, the only things I've tried from BFH that I didn't love were the Angel Creme Light conditioner and the Chocolate Espresso. I'm gonna try the Chocolate one more time, just to be sure.

I have the other 3 you mentioned & they work wonders too...Pistachio is next on my list to try also,Avocado soak, & Castor leave-in..

Happy Hair Growing!

I have the other 3 you mentioned & they work wonders too...Pistachio is next on my list to try also,Avocado soak, & Castor leave-in..

Happy Hair Growing!

The Desert Castor Seed leave in is one of my favs! :yep: And the Avocado Hair Soak is really nice. I need to try the Olive Drench, too.

Back