Delightfully Delicious Challenge 2011 (Pt.1)

DCing now with Christine Grant Babassu DC. I will continue to use this exclusively until it's gone. I'm only going to use it with my braids. Definitely won't repurchase..not wowed by this product and its too thin.

Hot oil treatment to my bang/Dc with Argan conditioner/rinsed with TW/BF leave-in/sealed with Meadowform,Jojoba mix....(Just the bang today)

Happy Hair Growing!

I was going to DC with ORS replenishing but I picked up some Keracare Hukmecto gold label last night :D So I'm testing it now :yep: will do ~1hr no heat.

I was going to DC with ORS replenishing but I picked up some Keracare Hukmecto gold label last night :D So I'm testing it now :yep: will do ~1hr no heat.

I saw this on Wed night and I wondered about it. I need to change my PJ ways and join the use it up challenge. :yep:

Let me know if you like it.

I would like to join this challenge plsss

Im going to dc 2x a week im still trying to find a good DC.. I have a few in my stash but nothing wow's me.. I looking for a good website to buy the kenra mc.. I woul dlove to try that. I dc'd last night with silicone mix on dry hair for 1 hr no heat rinsed cowashed and then airdried

HHG!!

We'll both be waiting on @baglady215 because it's going to take me a minute to get to it.:yep:

The other Ladies that have used it, gave it really good reviews tho'.

And....I love PC, Mendex and Fermodyl 619, so I'm sure it's really good.:grin:

I tried it once, but I'm reserving judgement because I think I had product buildup. It gave me a lot of moisture but I wasn't wowed. I'll be trying it again soon.

i dc'd yesterday with wen..then alter ego...i must say im in luv with alter ego--ive known about it for yrs but never tried it...i actually will always have this in my stash

i have used the alter ego lineage for my textlax..and i like it as well...

I was bored today so I decided to make an ultimate mix of:

A dash of Curl Junkie CR
A dash of KBB Mask
A dash of AOHSR
A dash of Castor Oil
A dash of Qhemets ohhb and aohc that I had in some sample jars. Way too small to do anything so I figured I might as well use it and get the jars empty. :lol:

I wonder how it'll turn out. :scratchch

@IDareT'sHair @halee_J and any others that would like to chime in: For me to wash properly (~15 mins), apply DC via relaxer style (~30 mins), DC with steam (~60 mins), rinse DC (~10 mins), apply leave-ins (~5 mins), air dry (~60 mins)...I'm looking at a solid 3 hrs and that's if I'm making good timing and not detangling during the session.

PLEASE SHARE HOW YOU ARE ABLE TO DC TWICE WEEKLY! ETA: Do you skip steps, do you move at a quicker pace than I? I'm definitely interested in gaining efficiency in my regi so that I can entertain twice weekly pampering. I guess I'm just a slow poke.

divachyk

I only DC once a week.:yep:

Twice a week if I have time and will only Steam maybe 30-45 minutes (if it is twice per week).

I'm still in for at least a good 2-3 hours start to finish tho'. :ohwell:

Especially since I've incorporated HOTs into my weekly regi.:perplexed

I just co-washed with a Mega-Tek and Whole Foods Lavender moisturizing conditioner...added coconut oil to the ends for good measure. Now off to bed!

divachyk I'm not sure if you saw my earlier post:

I usually do one of the DCs on the weekend and the weekly one in the evening, when I get home from work. The wash and DC portion takes 1hr 15 min; 15 min to shampoo and detangle, 1hr to DC. The pre-poo portion can be as short as 30min sometimes. If I want to do an o/n pre poo, I do it on like on friday or sat night and wash and DC next morning.

You have a steamer D, so your DCs could be as short as 30min :yep:

But yeah, it does take time. That's another reason why I like do DC without heat; so that I'm mobile :yep: So I can do other things. If I'm using a heat cap, I try do do stationary things like grade papers and eat dinner while I DC :yep:

I saw this on Wed night and I wondered about it. I need to change my PJ ways and join the use it up challenge. :yep:

Let me know if you like it.

My review on Kercare humecto (gold bottle)

I do, I really do like it. It doesn't have as much slip as my beloved ORS replenishing, but it gave me great moisture. My hair air-dried very soft and smooth feeling, esp my ng. On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it an 8.

ETA: Does anyone know if the gold label humecto comes in a bigger size?

Last edited:
DC'ing in Silk Elements Mega Moisture Treatment mixed with Olive Oil. Will get under dryer for 20 mins. Instead of getting under the dryer I dc overnight and washed out in the morning.:look: My hair came out so moisturized :grin:!

Last edited:
@IDareT'sHair @halee_J and any others that would like to chime in: For me to wash properly (~15 mins), apply DC via relaxer style (~30 mins), DC with steam (~60 mins), rinse DC (~10 mins), apply leave-ins (~5 mins), air dry (~60 mins)...I'm looking at a solid 3 hrs and that's if I'm making good timing and not detangling during the session.

PLEASE SHARE HOW YOU ARE ABLE TO DC TWICE WEEKLY! ETA: Do you skip steps, do you move at a quicker pace than I? I'm definitely interested in gaining efficiency in my regi so that I can entertain twice weekly pampering. I guess I'm just a slow poke.

Hi, not in the challenge but lurking but I dc twice a week and like Halee Sunday is my longer day, either wed/thur I wash as soon as I come home, dc and air dry over night. I'm sure your hair is longer than mine but you can do it! Good Luck!

I DC'd with BFH Shea Mango Deep Tea mask.

divachyk - I deep condition whenever I wash my hair. Usually thats 2x a week. It does take time but I do other things while I'm doing my hair.

Back