Delightfully Delicious Challenge 2011 (Pt.1)

I've tried to keep up with doing my hair 2x weekly but I can't find the time for that. How do you 2x per weekers do it? From start - finish, how long does it take you in order to be able to pull off 2x week DCings.

I've tried to keep up with doing my hair 2x weekly but I can't find the time for that. How do you 2x per weekers do it? From start - finish, how long does it take you in order to be able to pull off 2x week DCings.

I usually do one of the DCs on the weekend and the weekly one in the evening, when I get home from work. The wash and DC portion takes 1hr 15 min; 15 min to shampoo and detangle, 1hr to DC. The pre-poo portion can be as short as 30min sometimes. If I want to do an o/n pre poo, I do it on like on friday or sat night and wash and DC next morning.

You have a steamer D, so your DCs could be as short as 30min :yep:

I usually do one of the DCs on the weekend and the weekly one in the evening, when I get home from work. The wash and DC portion takes 1hr 15 min; 15 min to shampoo and detangle, 1hr to DC. The pre-poo portion can be as short as 30min sometimes. If I want to do an o/n pre poo, I do it on like on friday or sat night and wash and DC next morning.

You have a steamer D, so your DCs could be as short as 30min :yep:

I'm with halee_J...my DC days are usually Weds. and Sun. Normally I DC on dry hair on Wednesday's airdry overnight and bun in the morning. Sundays I wash and DC (this is usually when I can let the conditioner stay on for hours and hours) and once again airdry overnight then bun the next morning. If I plan to rollerset my hair for the week I'll either wash and DC on Saturday so I can sit under the dryer to dry or wash and DC on Sunday, airdry as much as possible, then blowdry and set on foam rollers overnight.

DC'd Thurday with ORS Replenishing Pak mixed with Mizani Moisturfusion. Added in a hot oil treatment using EVOO and CO. Once I was all plaited up, I rubbed some my mix leftover from my last DC down each plait. Hair loved it although it was a bit appear a bit weighed down from the hot oil mix but it was much needed...my scalp was too dry before. I'll be washing tomorrow and DC'ing while watching the Super Bowl.

Steamed for 30 min yesterday with honey, Tucuma Moisturizing Conditioner, AOWC and Ayuvedic Conditioner

I bought some Shea Moisture brand "Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo"to wash my hair with. It has sea kelp, argan oil and Shea butter in it...sounded delicious so I will wash it tomorrow evening and DC.

I will also try my plain Gelatin protein treatment. I packet in a cup with 1/2-1 cup of distilled water, warmed in the microwave for a few seconds then applied to the hair. I may do it as a pre-shampoo treatment so I won't have to step out of the shower!! :laugh:

Checking in...I DC last nite, overnite with Silicon Mix...amazing. I love this stuff

Im dcing on dry hair with AO jojoba desert mixed with jojoba oil and EVOO. I decided to apply some red pimento oil on my scalp. i will DC for 3 hours without heat then 30 mins with heat :)

I would love to join this challenge. I need to up my game because my ends have been so dry. Came to realization that I need to up my dc game.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I would love to join this challenge. I need to up my game because my ends have been so dry. Came to realization that I need to up my dc game.

Welcome Loves Harmony! :yay: If you wanna stay up on the DC game this is the place :yep: How often are you planning to DC? What condishes are you using?

Welcome Loves Harmony! :yay: If you wanna stay up on the DC game this is the place :yep: How often are you planning to DC? What condishes are you using?

Thanks Alot! I will start off dc twice a week on Wednesday and Sunday. Im looking for a great dc(s) i can purchase. Any recommends?

I'm gonna try out this Straight Sexy Hair Deep Conditioning Masque today. I found it at TJ Maxx and it was only $6 so I had to buy it :lol:

I just DC w/steam and GVP Conditioning Balm, Roux Mositure Recovery and Aphogee Balancing Moisture. I did an Aphogee 2 Step on my hair. I must say that those conditioners made for a yummy moisture mixture :lick:

DC'd last night using Mizani Moisturfusion and ORS Replenishing Pak no heat under two plastic caps and a towel. Hair feels delish...

I just DC w/steam and GVP Conditioning Balm, Roux Mositure Recovery and Aphogee Balancing Moisture. I did an Aphogee 2 Step on my hair. I must say that those conditioners made for a yummy moisture mixture :lick:
GVP conditioning balm didn't do it for me. Maybe I need to mix it together with something (oils, etc).

Hi ladies,

I signed up for the challenge...whoo-hoo. :grin: Currently, I use Redken Real Control Intense Renewal as a deep conditioner.

I updated my Piki, so you'll see my progress from Sept to Feb.

I'm also uploading some pics taken today.

Nic

Attachments

• Feb 2011 progress pic 2.jpg
    Feb 2011 progress pic 2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Feb 2011 progress pic.jpg
    Feb 2011 progress pic.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 10
  • New LHCF Profile Pic.jpg
    New LHCF Profile Pic.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 10
GVP conditioning balm didn't do it for me. Maybe I need to mix it together with something (oils, etc).

Yeah, it doesn't work well alone, but it does play well with others :yep: especially adding the steam to it. Actually none of those that I listed does well alone on my hair. :perplexed

Poo'ed my hair this morning with my Shikakai (sp?) and Cocoveda shampoo bars. DC'ed on with Shea Moist Deep Conditioner Masque (didn't want to use the last of my MHC Honey Hair Mask) with hot towels and a hood dryer for 20 minutes. Then applied argan oil, hemp seed oil, and rice bran used towel steam for 10 more minutes. Finally rinsed, applied a little KKKC and MHC Butter Soy Cream, and wet and I'm good to go! :yep:

DC on Saturday with yes to carrots/rinsed with TW conditioner/sealed with oil...

Happy Hair Growing!

I'm using coconut oil on mine daily at night. I alternate moisture treatments/oils too but the coconut oil has really helped. Tonight I did it along with my avocado, EVOO and castor oil mix.

Steamed tonight for 1 hr with 4tbsps lustrasilk shea & mango butter, 1tbsps each of Roux PC, avocado oil, evoo and hemp oil and 2tbsps of Aphogee 2min. Yummy.

Back