Delightful Deep Condition Challenge 2012 Part 4 (Oct 1st- Dec 31st)

Just finished deep conditioning with SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Mask. Hair feels good even though I don't really like this DCer.

2nd Checkin - overnight dry DC with ORS hair repair nourishing condish. I did not intend for it to be overnight, but I fell asleep!!!

This was my 2nd time using this product and I do not plan to repurchase. I will stick to ORS Replenishing.

image-1498783613.jpg

On Mon, I did a predeepoo (to use up product) and a DC and my hair feels nice!

Predeepoo - mixture of lustrasilk and various oils (hemp, evoo and avocado)
DC - Kenra mixed with various oils (those listed above) and honey

Joining this challenge! I'll DC weekly, sometimes prepoo, I usually don't use heat, just a plastic cap. I use a variety of DCs...

Pre-oiled overnight, co-washed with v05. I DC'd (with a shower cap) with Shea moisture again and for the last 10-20 minutes spritzed my hair and scalp with coffee, put my cap back on and then rinsed. Wonderful :)

My hair is overmoisturized. It feels gummy and stretchy. Will do a overnight protein dc. Need to decide what I will use. Will report later.

I really need to DC..my hair is 12 weeks post and feeling super dry. I heated up my pre poo and applied to scalp and drenched my hair; I'll shampoo and DC with Giovanni 50:50 balancing conditioner for a couple of hours no heat

Yesterday I took down my kinky twists and DC'ed with my 50/50 and evoo, then did a light rinse with Aph 2min my hair felt a bit rough after that...im not sure my hair even needs light protein once a month....i might only do it once every 6-8 weeks and see how that goes.

Re: 2012 DC Challenge 2012 Part 4 (Oct 1st- Dec 31st)

I did a cowash with As I am cleansing conditioner and steamed for 30 minutes. I am air drying now. My hair feels so good.

On dry hair overnight 1hr under heating cap:
Sunflower oil
Wheat Germ oil
Coconut oil
SD Vanilla Silk
AO GPB
Organix Moroccan oil condish &
Redken Extreme condish

Cowashed with miss Jessie's creme de la curl and followed with miss Jessie's creme de la creme for 10 mins under Baggie.

Seems like a nice step before a wash n go because my curls are plump but I still don't have the moisture I'm looking for.

Last edited:
Sooo... I did a Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk on dry hair. I added a layer of SAA and sealed it with garlic oil :smile:

Did a light shampoo and Aphogee'd for about 5 minutes in the shower.

After wash DC'ing right now with Shea Moisture Mask and a warm water spritz with grapeseed oil, wheat germ oil, almond oil and jojoba oil. This spray mix (especially being warm) helped to thin out the thickness of the conditioner. :yep:

All this moisture is to straighten my hair for a wedding on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

lol daviine we were doing the same thing at the same time! I still have my Shea Moisture Deep Treatment mask on dry hair and then Im going to shampoo and do a quick rinse out conditioner....then on to figure out what to do with my hair next.

How did you like the megasilk? I havent tried it yet but I want to...I like the mixed silk pretty well.

Leslie_C

Hey friend! :wave:

I think that was my 2nd sample pack of that conditioner. I was underwhelmed by it alone so that is why I added the honey and olive oil to it. I'm still looking for a conditioner that impresses me without having to add honey or oils to it.

KaramelDiva1978 said:
Deep conditioning with my oils and Queen Helene Cholesterol mix......my hair loves this stuff.

I may need to revisit queen Helene..I used to use it regularly a while back.

My hair is overmoisturized. It feels gummy and stretchy. Will do a overnight protein dc. Need to decide what I will use. Will report later.

Well...fell asleep with my prepoo/HOT on. Did wake up this morning and use Claudie's Renew Protein for 30 minutes followed by a cowash with CJ's Beauticurls. Can already tell the difference :yep:.

I just applied Shea Moisture Deep Mask to my bangs and Sitrinillah to the rest of my hair.

Dry Hair - No heat

Will leave-in overnight

Giving my hair a double treat today with Aphoghee 2 minute for 15 and Macadamia Oil Hydrating Intense Moisture Mask for 20.

ETA- I ended up adding Humectress to the Macadamia Mask to make sure my moisture:balance would be on point, cause that 2 minute DC acted as a hardcore treatment. My hair feels good though.

Last edited:
Back