Delightful Deep Condition Challenge 2012 Part 4 (Oct 1st- Dec 31st)

lol yeah I realized after. I make the ceramide shea butter, it's raw shea butter whipped with hemp, wheatgerm and ricebran oils for the ceramides, along with a little castor, almond and jojoba.

mmmm thats sounds heavenly.
Im inspired to make me own.

On Tue I DC with AE garlic wh a bit of wen remoist & hemp
the week before I used wen to DC well this week my hair was not having it it was like where the protein at?!
My hair adores protein
I started noticing breakage on Thursday
so yesterday I did a prepoo with EVCO applied heat to get it really into my strands. EVCO is the truth my hair felt so much stronger while rinsing out.

I clarified with Mizani Puriphying shampoo
keracare hydrating shampoo
Dc with heat for 30 mins with Affirm 5 in 1
applied a moisturizing DC mix of Mizani silk cream:lick:and hydrafuse with the leftover evco from my preepoo for about 45 mins.

Got my garlic-ginger scalp pre-poo going, will wash with CON argan, light protein with dumb blonde and DC with ORSR, will go at least 2hrs.

DCed on air-dryed hair using Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructerizer, Giovanni Nutrafix, 100% jojoba oil, vitamin e oil, EVOO, glycerin, honey quat and sitting under dryer for 60 minutes.

The result was extra, super soft and strong hair!

Haven't been consistent with posting but I plan on to from now on :look: I have been DCing once a week tho. Tomorrow I plan on doing a moisturizing DC after I Henna but not sure what I will be using yet. Havent used my AOHSR in awhile so I might pull that out of the stash

Dc'ing under a steamer for 1hr with :
HV sitrinillah deep hair masque
Vo5 moisture milk conditioner
Hv rooibos red tea conditioner
Vegetable glycerin
ACV
Moringa oil
Parachute coconut oil
Wheat germ oil
Peppermint e.o
Bioinfusion critical care serum

Put AE garlic mask on my scalp this am. Went to get my hair done and got a DC there...idk what it was?

Shampooed with KC Hydrating poo and deep conditioned with my Queen Helene and delicious oils for 2 hrs.....hair is feeling strong and yummy. Going to rollerset now!

Yeeeeaah, so the 1 hr pre-poo turned into overnight. Dcing now with ORSR, will probably leave on for longer than 2hrs to make up for yesterday...

...Wore the hair "out" with 30% humidity.... hair felt dry, not my best idea. See, what happened was, when I undid my braids yesterday I had the kayutest braidout, after "setting" for the whole week under the wig.... couldnt resist:rolleyes:. Why won't winter let me be great??!! :ohwell::lol:

Last edited:
halee_J said:
Yeeeeaah, so the 1 hr pre-poo turned into overnight. Dcing now with ORSR, will probably leave on for longer than 2hrs to make up for yesterday...

...Wore the hair "out" with 30% humidity.... hair felt dry, not my best idea. See, what happened was, when I undid my braids yesterday I had the kayutest braidout, after "setting" for the whole week under the wig.... couldnt resist:rolleyes:. Why won't winter let me be great??!! :ohwell::lol:

The braid out always looks great when I take it down. After being outside for some time and the elements get a hold of it, it either frizzes or flattens. I feel ya girl.

My laziness kicked in so I didnt get to henna today but I did an ayur paste and now DCing with AOHSR sealed with evco. Will leave on for 2-3 hours and then do some twists.

Doing a protein treatment(2 minute mixed w/ Palmer's Coconut treatment) 30 minutes
Following up w/ Skala Jaborandi masque - 30 minutes

So I DCed with the AO GPB for the first time. I put it on dry hair under a plastic cap for about an hour. Then I rinsed it out, shampooed and conditioned with AO HSR. I like the way my hair looks and feels. I can see the curls just poppin. That means my hair is moisturized. I like the smell btw.

Froreal3 said:
So I DCed with the AO GPB for the first time. I put it on dry hair under a plastic cap for about an hour. Then I rinsed it out, shampooed and conditioned with AO HSR. I like the way my hair looks and feels. I can see the curls just poppin. That means my hair is moisturized. I like the smell btw.

I've been wanting to try the AOGPB for a long time. I think I will grab a bottle. Been wanting a good protein condish :)

DC the other day with Avocado & Silk, sat under the dryer with a cap for about 20minutes to warm it all up and then wrapped it in a towel and let it sit for about an hour and a half. Silky smooth hair!

last week my hair had begun breaking/shedding a lot so it meant i needed protein i was in a rush and did the aphogee 2min reconstructor i don think i did it well cos after a dc my hair didnt feel right so i did the aogbp the next day (on saturday morning) that seemed to do the trick. phew!!

Last edited:
Been slipping on the posting but not dcing. Doing an overnight dc on Wednesdays and again dcing on Sundays. Alternating bw protein and moisture. For protein been using SSI's Fortifying Masque or Claudie's Protein Renew or SD's Mocha Silk Infusion. For moisture been trying some new stuff Sheanatural Beauty Honey Deep Treatment Masque :yep: and Luvnatural's Conditional Love (can't remember the name) :yep:. I noticed I liked the Luvnatural's conditioner with consistent use. It grew on me.

Back