Delightful Deep Condition Challenge 2012 Part 4 (Oct 1st- Dec 31st)

My wash day was on monday. I washed with CON conditioning shampoo and deep conditioned with proclaim argan oil masque for about 3 hrs. no heat.

I have been inconsistant with posting to this thread..BUT i have actually been keeping up with my conditioning pretty well i just finished deep conditioning and before this i dc'ed about 5 days ago...both times i used G 50/50 and HSR w/ hempseed oil ...and back under my wig i go :)

dc'ed overnight on shampooed hair.

a mixture of shea moisture purificaton masque and silk dreams vanilla silk. dont know how this combo will turn out, but we will see. i really like both of these dc's separately, so hopefully they dont suck when mixed together lol. ill report back later.

i dont usually do overnights on work nights, but i had finally finished taking all of my braids out and i just haaaaad to wash it right away (plus, it had been a few days since any water or conditioner hit my head...i was itching to do it). i had been awake since around 1am (went to sleep after 11pm last night) and my intention was to rinse last night, but i just let myself fall asleep because i was ridiculously tired. lol.

Put my turbie twist in the dryer for heat. I think I have 1 more use of my cerocaida then im on to bpt wheat germ

Prepooing with ORSR, honey, avocado oil and Coconut oil on my ends. About to cowash and DC with Hollywood beauty cholesterol. Haven't used cholesterol for years!

Did a much needed DC last night and my hair is lovin it! I missed one week so far and I am hoping that I can get next week's DC session in on Monday to gradually move these sessions back to Sunday.

Yesterday I did a henna treatment and DCd with OneNOnly Argan Oil Hydrating Mask. Hair is feeling soft and strong at the same time.

About to DC using Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment, salt, EVCO, and GSO.

Last edited:
lol yeah I realized after. I make the ceramide shea butter, it's raw shea butter whipped with hemp, wheatgerm and ricebran oils for the ceramides, along with a little castor, almond and jojoba.

I Keep Forgetting to do the "Oil on top of DC'er" thing, which is suppose to be my newest addition to my Fall/Winter Regi (to use up some old oils).

But I keep forgetting to do that. Maybe next wash day.:sad:

IDareT'sHair said:
I Keep Forgetting to do the "Oil on top of DC'er" thing, which is suppose to be my newest addition to my Fall/Winter Regi (to use up some old oils).

But I keep forgetting to do that. Maybe next wash day.:sad:

I did it this today...loved it. Cholesterol with grapeseed oil

Deep conditioned with macadamia natural oil deep repair with Evoo and honey. I used something different. Made my hair softer. Might need to make this my regimen. Hmm

halee_J where do you get your raw unrefined shea butter pretty please? My hair gets hard when i seal with oil, so i have just been moisturizing more frequently with qhemet brbc. It gives me soft moisturized hair, but I am afraid it may not be enough for the winter (first winter since HHJ started). My hair loves product with shea butter, so i was thinking of mixing my own butter mix. I plan on using naptural85's recipe but swapping the coconut and olive oil for grapeseed and argan oil.

ronie, I got mine from a BSS, its Taha brand, a company based in Atlanta, the SB is from Ghana, I find its good. The label looks like this:
KEDSHC16__38973.1320091126.1280.1280.jpg

I follow Naptura's recipe too, subbing my own oils. I love this mix, my hair isn't too fond of SB on its own, but whipped with oils its heavenly :love: fantastic on the skin too :lick:

Last edited:
I'll dc with AO GPB for the first time. Let's see how this goes! I think I will clarify first.

Back