Delightful Deep Condition Challenge 2012 Part 4 (Oct 1st- Dec 31st)

I am DCing today with avocado and honey. I have been DCing since about 9:30. This is the longest I have DCd in a while. I can't wait to get this stuff out of my head :lol:

I doubt that I will use the avocado again unless is it absolutely amazing. I will use the honey until it is used up and then decide if I will repurchase.

DCing under soft bonnet dryer with Giovanni 2chic Brazilian Keratin & Argan Oil Ultra Sleek Conditioner with castor oil, coconut oil, and honey added.

so, the dc (sour cream/banana/other stuff) was definitely different than the first. i had used a mild sulfate shampoo before hand and then after i sprayed hydrolyzed keratin and i did a condition wash & coconut/olive oil rinse. at the end of it all, when i woke up this morning, my hair felt good & moisturized....but it wasnt immediately easy to tell which way my hair would go...but not bad.

althoooooough, one of the toddlers in my class decided to dump sand on my head...so i'll have to re-wash tonight. yaaaay. hahaha.

Deep conditioning with Greek yogurt, honey and olive oil...my favorite! Think I will leave it on for an hour or so without heat

Using: Jasmine Bath & Beauty Hibiscus DC'er in: Tahitian Vanilla. Will put a little Grapeseed Oil on top to 'test this out' and Steam

jprayze said:
Mine turned into an overnight thing. Cowashing this am followed by the myhoneychild conditioner and hair honey mask for 15 mins or so.

Good morning!!!

The myhoneychild honey hair mask was a bit thin for my preference. Hair just felt ok. Would not purchase after sample is complete.

I'm either going to DC tomorrow night or Sunday. I think I'm going to retry the amla powder treatment and add more coconut oil or maybe some coconut milk.

re-dc'ing. haha.

gonna rinse really well after grimm and then do a condition wash.

shea moisture anti-breakage masque on top of coconut/olive oi (which i had on for about an hour or so before putting the conditioner on)...never tried this conditioner. ive heard mixed reviews on it. we'll see.

re-dc'ing. haha.

gonna rinse really well after grimm and then do a condition wash.

shea moisture anti-breakage masque on top of coconut/olive oi (which i had on for about an hour or so before putting the conditioner on)...never tried this conditioner. ive heard mixed reviews on it. we'll see.

meh...dont like it.

jprayze said:
The myhoneychild honey hair mask was a bit thin for my preference. Hair just felt ok. Would not purchase after sample is complete.

I have this sample as well... It felt really thin to the touch. But the Carribbean Hair Creme is the business...

DominicanBrazilian82 said:
I have this sample as well... It felt really thin to the touch. But the Carribbean Hair Creme is the business...

I'm going to have to check that out. My sample was the type 4 creme and even though I'm a 3, I decided to try it. It was way too heavy.

Last edited:
Deep conditioning under my heating cap now with One n Only Hydrating Mask straight up no chaser its an 8.3oz jar and I don't see myself getting more than 3 good uses out of it

DC'ed without heat for an hour with Proteina de Perla... I did have on my plastic cap and aluminum cap to capture body heat. Now I'm completing my DC with heat for 1 hr before I do a final rinse.

Just put a Macadamia Natural Oil deep treatment with argan oil and EVOO. I am using a conditioning cap on my head and using body heat to help it penetrate. I decided to spray a mist of extra water to see if it helps my hair even more. We will see. lol

Dcing with black tea underneath ORS HaiRepair for about an hour with heated towel and processing cap.

So I brewed my last 2 black tea bags for today's wash n DC and my dh woke up this morning and threw it out to use the pot. What should I start with his fingers or his toes?:)

Does anyone DC overnight without using a plastic cap and just using their bonnet? I want to DC overnight but I can't sleep in a plastic cap.

lamaria211 said:
So I brewed my last 2 black tea bags for today's wash n DC and my dh woke up this morning and threw it out to use the pot. What should I start with his fingers or his toes?:)

LAMARia definitely the fingers. He won't touch your tea ever again, LOL!

Deep conditioning under my conditioning cap wITh Alter Ego Garlic Mask on my scalp. Kenra, Trader Joes, Roux, and joico conditioners and honey, Argan oil and EVOO on my length.

Delightfully delicious DC under steam today...
Avg in roots/scalp
Then my DC tea blend on my dry hair and my scalp
Then avg mixed with saa on my hair
Then AOGPB
Then agave mixed with my oil blend
Results were :lick:

DC'd with Naturelle Grow Marshmallow, Slippery Elm & Cinnamon DC. Used a plastic cap and let it sit for about an hour. Perfect!!!

pre-poo with TIGI dumb blond, Dcing with ORSR with a teeny bit of Aphogee 2min on the relaxed ends. Its too cold now to just walk around with a plastic cap, so I applied the blowdryer to my capped hair for a few minutes then covered with a towel.

Back