Delightful Deep Condition Challenge 2012 Part 4 (Oct 1st- Dec 31st)

Aloe gel in my roots
aloe and SAA on my hair
DC tea blend
AOIN
Oil blend...I forgot to add agave as per my plan:ohwell:

DCing right now with plan ol' Tresemme Natural conditioner under a shower cap wrapped under a towel. Can't be bothered to sit under the hooded dryer. Looks like this will be an all day DC since it's been a few hours and I'm not ready to wash this out yet. Yep, I'm being just that lazy. lol

Doing a pre-poo right now: garlic on the scalp, coconut oil on the hair. Will wash with CON Argan oil, quick protein tx with Aphogee 2min and DC with ORSR for about 2hrs.

DC'd with the last nub of some SD Avocado Pudding and CD Black Vanilla Smoothie. I used a bit of Nourish oil under a cap. Sat under the dryer for 15 minutes then let it sit for an hour.

DCing now with AO Blue Chamomile. Diluted it with water. Want to see if it works as well as using it straight. That way I can stretch my conditioner.

Will sit under my heat cap for 30 minutes, then mist with water and work it in a bit. Then sit under the heat cap for another 30 minutes. Will leave it on a total of 1.5 hours.

Soooooo I actually rinsed out the GPB, shampooed with Gio TTT, then deep conditioned again with a mix of AO HSR and Gio SAS.

NappyNelle said:
Soooooo I actually rinsed out the GPB, shampooed with Gio TTT, then deep conditioned again with a mix of AO HSR and Gio SAS.

I do this always!!! DC on dry hair, co-wash, and then DC again on wet hair (my own little spin)... :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

DaiseeDay said:
I used the Macadamia Naturals Deep Repair Masque yesterday. I used heat for 10 minutes and then left it in for two hours. It was just ok, my hair is moisturized I guess, kind of "cold" and was super soft and fluffy when I straightened it, but it doesn't physically feel like it has moisture on it.

My hair doesn't seem to take deep conditioners well, can anyone guess why??

The only time my hair feels seaweed soft is when I put a conditioner on after a protein treatment, but that effect doesn't last long.

Now do you like macadamia natural deep repair? Bc I have it and use it as a deep conditioner. My hair is usually soft after leaving it in for about an hour. I add Argan oil and EVOO to it too

DCing now (over black tea) with AE Garlic treatment, roux PC, roux Mendex, oils n honey. I'll leave it on for 4 hrs 1hr using heat

lamaria211 said:
DCing now (over black tea) with AE Garlic treatment, roux PC, roux Mendex, oils n honey. I'll leave it on for 4 hrs 1hr using heat

Lamaria211 I read one of your quotes where you mention roux conditioner I went to Sally's and purchased the shampoo (633) and conditioner used it yesterday and let me tell you my hair is so soft I Love it. Sally's got a buy one get one sale going on til the end of month. Thank you so much..... BTW I'm also going to get the AE Garlic treatment.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Lamaria211 I read one of your quotes where you mention roux conditioner I went to Sally's and purchased the shampoo (633) and conditioner used it yesterday and let me tell you my hair is so soft I Love it. Sally's got a buy one get one sale going on til the end of month. Thank you so much..... BTW I'm also going to get the AE Garlic treatment.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Buy one get one! I'm there:) I'm glad you liked it. AE garlic treatment is great to

DC'ing now with my 'concoction': Yes To Carrots Conditioner + Darcy's Pumpkin Seed Conditioner+ Honey. Applied to dry hair. I smell EDIBLE!!

I'm doing an overnight prepoo with taliah waajid protective mist bodifier and coconut oil. I'm going to shampoo and DC tomorrow.

I bought a big 32 oz bottle of protective mist bodifier so I can be heavy handed with it and use it like regular conditioner. This is my first time using it so i'm eager to see how it works.

Used henna today. Left that in my hair for about 8 or 9 hours. Washed with SD go moist shampoo and DC with marie dean peach honey syrup and a lil SD silk dream overnight :look:

I'm getting ready to do my pre-relaxer wash regimen including heavy protein treatment. I'm not sure what I'll DC with but I know it will be delightful!!

Its DC time :yay: I think I am going to use the Shea Moisture Purification Mask as a DC today (without heat), instead of a pre-poo. I am going to clarify today. My hair has ALOT of oil in/on it.

After my protein treatment, I DC'd for about four hours with no heat. I used:
Joico Moisture Recovery
Trader Joes Nourish Spa
AOWC
roux porosity control conditioner
Honey
Amla powder
EVCO
Hemp oil
Emu oil

My hair gave me a great big hug, LOL!

Last edited:
I did a crochet braid install on Friday, so I won't be able to continue this challenge. I will resume once I remove the braids.

Back