Delightful Deep Condition Challenge 2012 Part 4 (Oct 1st- Dec 31st)

dc'ing right now with some ridiculous mix i made up.

banana, sour cream, left over shea moisture deep treatment masque.

i dont know if i have much hope for this, but we'll see.

Dry DC, with heat, with ORS Hair Mayonnaise and GSO... Poo'd with ORS Creamy Aloe (1x) and CON Argan Oil shampoo (1x)... Did an additional DC with AE Garlic... 15 minutes no heat.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

the banana, sour cream, shea moisture deep treatment masque wasnt half bad, actually. i also added salt (didnt mention that before). my hair came out pretty well moisturized and it seemed to detangle my hair a bit (not totally, but pretty well)

if i had to rate it, i would give it a 3.8/5...i think.

i'd probably try it again. i really just came up with it off the top of my head because i bought a big thing of sour cream for some potato skins i got lol. ((smh))

the banana, sour cream, shea moisture deep treatment masque wasnt half bad, actually. i also added salt (didnt mention that before). my hair came out pretty well moisturized and it seemed to detangle my hair a bit (not totally, but pretty well)

if i had to rate it, i would give it a 3.8/5...i think.

i'd probably try it again. i really just came up with it off the top of my head because i bought a big thing of sour cream for some potato skins i got lol. ((smh))

So would you say sour cream works like yogurt? Trying to imagine this...

So would you say sour cream works like yogurt? Trying to imagine this...

i guess so? i mean, i read a little on some people who have used sour cream as a conditioner and\ some said they thought it worked kinda like yogurt. i did try greek yogurt on my hair at one time (dont remember what i mixed it with) and i remember not liking it...but it could have just been the mix i used.

the mix that i used tonight went on kinda rough, so i was thinking "oh no...this is gonna be bad...wtf am i doing?" but the rinse out was much better than the application.

i condition washed after to try and get any extra "fun bits" out of my hair from the banana and also because i used sour cream and i dont want sour creamy smelling hair.

Deep conditioned overnight with AE Garlic treatment, Roux PC, and some ceramide oils. I used my hc for about 15 mins

The DTM was much thicker and had a much more subtle scent; I scooped it out of the jar like "Aww yeah...this is what I'm talking about!" Between the two, I was far more excited about the ingredient list of this one and was excited to make it my go-to DC. But when I tried to smooth in into my hair, it just sat there like :ohwell:. My strands felt coated, wiry, frizzy, and dry--as though nothing had absorbed--and I hit a lot more snags when trying to comb through (and ended up with a lot more strands in my Denman :perplexed). Not a happy camper.

I guess SM's "Raw Shea Butter"/yellow label line just doesn't work for me

This was my experience with DTM as well. Oh well, back to Mixed Chicks for me.

This was my experience with DTM as well. Oh well, back to Mixed Chicks for me.

i dont like the shea moisture deep treatment masque much either...but i wanted to use it up so i mixed it in with that crazy dc i made last night. haha. on it's own, it's a bunch of crap. no moisturization at all. just dry & bleh.

didnt work at a condition wash. definitely didnt work as a leave-in. not one i'd repurchase.

im waiting for my silk dreams vanilla silk to come...i hope i like that one!

youwillrise said:
i dont like the shea moisture deep treatment masque much either...but i wanted to use it up so i mixed it in with that crazy dc i made last night. haha. on it's own, it's a bunch of crap. no moisturization at all. just dry & bleh.

didnt work at a condition wash. definitely didnt work as a leave-in. not one i'd repurchase.

im waiting for my silk dreams vanilla silk to come...i hope i like that one!

You'll love it. Just re-up'd on it myself. Awaiting my shipping details so I can stalk USPS...

About to do a DCing treatment with Curl Junkie Curl Rehab for 30 mins. Sitting with Olive Oil in my hair right now as my prepoo to shampooing.

Soaked my hair in prepoo oil mix and i'm letting my hair marinate in it for about a hour and a half. Shampoo and DC with Giovanni 50:50..not sure how long I'm gonna DC..probably about 3 hours, no heat

Prepoo started under a conditioning cap. Will DC with myhoneychild honey hair mask after poo...will be using all my sample products tonight.

DC'ing under heat with one of my new DC's... NuNaat Chocolat Special Cream Chocolate Mask...

Not an overbearing chocolate smell... So that's a plus. Will update this post with my review after I rinse.

Update: DC'd for an hour under my heating cap, rinsed well (as this product rinses brown until it is completely rinsed), and gave a cool rinse after all the conditioner was removed. My initial review is that this product is the bomb.com/amazing. My hair is so soft, new growth is extremely manageable and detangling my hair will be a breeze in the am (wet-bunned and wrapped in my scarf right now). I can also attribute this softness to my AVG prepoo. I will use this conditioner another time and update when there aren't other contributing factors :). So hyped about my Silk Dreams and HoneyChild conditioners coming in...

Last edited:
DC'd today with joico moisture balm. my hair feels nice and soft - i know it has cons. i hope to stop using cons sulfates and parabens soon as i finish my current supply.

what nice moisturising dcs without cons do people use?

DC'ng again tonight with a new conditioner, Cantu Shea butter deep treatment masque for natural hair under hood dryer for 45 minutes.

frobellete said:
DC'd today with joico moisture balm. my hair feels nice and soft - i know it has cons. i hope to stop using cons sulfates and parabens soon as i finish my current supply.

what nice moisturising dcs without cons do people use?

What's a con? Cone?

DominicanBrazilian82 said:
I'm right here with you... Just rinsed my DC.

Mine turned into an overnight thing. Cowashing this am followed by the myhoneychild conditioner and hair honey mask for 15 mins or so.

Good morning!!!

Deep conditioned last night w/my Queen Helene and oils for over an hour and then under the dryer for about 25 mins. Great co-wash w/Tresemme Naturals, hair looking and feeling lovely!

DC last night with Naturelle Grow Slippery Elm, Marshmallow, & Cinnamon DC. Sat under dryer with cap for 15 then let it sit for about an hour.

trying another sour cream/banana mix. this time w/ olive oil, kaolin clay & salt. the kaolin clay i received as a sample when i got my hydrolyzed keratin. didnt use any store bought conditioner in the mix this time. dunno how it'll go, but will report good or bad when i get done. haha.

Back