Delightful Deep Condition Challenge 2012 Part 4 (Oct 1st- Dec 31st)

halee_J, too late to join?

I dc'd on Sunday using Hask Macadamia Deep Conditioning Treatment - no heat.

It left my hair very shiny, but it didn't necessarily feel moisturized. Next time I'll use my bonnet dryer to add heat.

I also purchased the Macadamia Naturals Deep Repair Masque I hear rave reviews about - I'm waiting until I get ready to straighten my hair to try it.

Dry DC'ing under heat right now with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Mask (works best as a dry DC for me)... I did an oil mix prepoo (JBCO, Coconut, Grape-seed mix and a few drops of tea tree oil) massage before applying my conditioner. Will rinse with Suave Rosemary and Mint conditioner and then DC again (w/heat) with Vanilla Silk :lick: :spinning:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

DCing with Mizani Intense moisturizing treatment mixed with grapeseed and JBCO. Left it in during the whole debate (90 mins).

I have mill creek keratin in my hair. I will follow up with white camellia, darcy's pumpkin or luv naturals. I will steam it for 20 minutes or so.

Dc with BV Smothie with a bit of Cocasta oil. Sat under dryer with a cap for 15 then wrapped it in a towel and left it for an hour. Definitely doing that again.

I'm just dc'ing with elasta qp dpr-11+. I'm lazy to go under the steamer. Actually my hair was feeling a bit crunchy afta cowashing with mane and tail deep moisturising conditioner (very silly thing for me to do given i did a protein dc last week) it might be an idea to sit under the steamer for half an hour.

it actually turned out nice and soft! im threading overnight and twisting in the morning.

Last edited:
It's been a week, so I will be DCing this wknd. Starting with my favorite prepoo...oRs Repl, with honey and avocado oil.

I am deep conditioning with Macadamia Natural Oil deep repair with EVOO and argan oil. using body heat to let it penetrate. How long should i keep it in for if i am using body heat?

DCing with Aussie Moist Deeeeeeep Conditioner, Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship conditioner, coconut oil, castor oil, and honey under the dryer for 30 minutes.

Deep conditioning tonight with Shea moisture anti breakage mask, Roux correcting conditioner, Megatek , WGO, Grape seed oil, olive oil, tea tree oil,

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Finally had a chance to DC. Mixed Silk Elements (olive oil) with hibiscus and menthi. I sat under the steam for 20 mins then put my plastic cap on for a few hours

Prepoo right now with honey, avocado oil, and ORS Repl.

Plan to wash with CON moisturizing shampoo.

Will DC with Aphogee 2 min for 2 mins :-), followed by AE garlic mask on my scalp and a little miss Jessie's creme de la creme on the length (using it up). Black tea/rosemary rinse for about 10 mins and rinse it all out.

DC overnight with AOHSR and AOGPB on the length...sealed with GSO. Will rinse this out after my workout :)

ETA: also have black tea under the DC

Last edited:
jprayze said:
Prepoo right now with honey, avocado oil, and ORS Repl.

Plan to wash with CON moisturizing shampoo.

Will DC with Aphogee 2 min for 2 mins :-), followed by AE garlic mask on my scalp and a little miss Jessie's creme de la creme on the length (using it up). Black tea/rosemary rinse for about 10 mins and rinse it all out.

Finished!!!

I've been traveling all week and I even forgot to pack my satin cap (oh no!) so I spent one night in Chicago without it. I improvised with a pair of pantyhose (old school!) until I could get to the store. Today I've shampooed and conditioned with Trader Joes nourish spa and now I'm DC'ing with a mix that has protein and moisture. This has to be good because I'm traveling again on Monday for the week and I need to baby my hair before the stress.

Experimenting with the Shea Moisture Deep Treatment and Purification Masques--applied each to one side of my head, freshly shampooed & soaking wet. PM smelled yummy, absorbed immediately, made for effortless combing, and defined my curls--none of which were particularly impressive as I achieve similar results with my usual AO mixes. That is, until I applied the DTM to the other side.

The DTM was much thicker and had a much more subtle scent; I scooped it out of the jar like "Aww yeah...this is what I'm talking about!" Between the two, I was far more excited about the ingredient list of this one and was excited to make it my go-to DC. But when I tried to smooth in into my hair, it just sat there like :ohwell:. My strands felt coated, wiry, frizzy, and dry--as though nothing had absorbed--and I hit a lot more snags when trying to comb through (and ended up with a lot more strands in my Denman :perplexed). Not a happy camper.

Nevertheless, I sat under the heat cap for an hour and left both conditioners on overnight. We'll see how my hair responds once I rinse. As it stands, I'm going to see how the DTM fares mixed with AOWC, egg, honey, and my cassia oil mix. After I use it up, though, I think I'll be sticking with the PM, as I think it'll give me the results I'm looking for without having to create any special concoctions.

I guess SM's "Raw Shea Butter"/yellow label line just doesn't work for me, as I had a similar experience cowashing with the Restorative Conditioner. It does foam nicely; my hair feels clean afterward, but it's almost stripped--nowhere near restored. I mixed what was left in the bottle with AOHSR, so I guess after that's gone I'll be sticking with the HSR alone. The search continues...

I used the Macadamia Naturals Deep Repair Masque yesterday. I used heat for 10 minutes and then left it in for two hours. It was just ok, my hair is moisturized I guess, kind of "cold" and was super soft and fluffy when I straightened it, but it doesn't physically feel like it has moisture on it.

My hair doesn't seem to take deep conditioners well, can anyone guess why??

The only time my hair feels seaweed soft is when I put a conditioner on after a protein treatment, but that effect doesn't last long.

I did a scalp massage and overnight pre-poo with Vatika oil; right now, I am using body heat to pamper my strands with AO GPB. I think I will go under the dryer for 20 mins or so with this conditioner too.

I used the Macadamia Naturals Deep Repair Masque yesterday. I used heat for 10 minutes and then left it in for two hours. It was just ok, my hair is moisturized I guess, kind of "cold" and was super soft and fluffy when I straightened it, but it doesn't physically feel like it has moisture on it.

My hair doesn't seem to take deep conditioners well, can anyone guess why??

The only time my hair feels seaweed soft is when I put a conditioner on after a protein treatment, but that effect doesn't last long.

DaiseeDay That sounds like a porosity issue. Did you use the same conditioner after a protein treatment when it worked the last time?

Prepoo'd with lustrasilk olive conditioner, grapeseed oil, hairveda moist 24.7 conditioner

Dc'd for 2hrs without heat after hair and scalp cleanse with : traders joe tea tree tingling conditioner, gariner fruictis fall fight, Evco, jbco, Wgho, peppermint e.o, moringa oil ................hair is super soft, moisturized, curls r poppin,....happy hair!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Back