dating older men

dragongirlmk09

hi everyone i have recently started talking to a older men i am 22 he is 31 do you think that is to old for me.

Last edited:
It really depends on what you have in common with him? Is he looking for someone he can mold into the woman he wants? I find that sometimes with older men.

I always preferred older men, they knew what they wanted, wasn't about the games as much and knew how to treat a lady. A lot of times older men really want to take care of you.

So, I say if you are truly interested in him & he is in you- go for it. Just be careful to make sure that his intentions are pure. Some older men only want to bed young women, while others really want to be with them. You have to know what you're dealing with and play your hand accordingly.

I wouldn't rule him out just because of his age.

good luck!

As long as you feel comfortable and not feeling like a)daddys little girl or b)like a russian order bride then there nothing wrong with dating a older man.I actually prefer them over my age 23..bc Im fluffy young dudes only want you little skinny things with the big bums..a older man is able to appreciate this fine wine over here..

Nope. I dated a man who was 33 when I was 21. He was a great guy, very encouraging but his ex wife (out of state) & son (in his custody) were a bit much for me at 21.

He became a good friend for a while after I dumped him.

hi everyone i have recently started talking to a older men i am 22 he is 31 do you think that is to old for me.

Does not matter to anyone except you; he may be chronologically 31 and you,22 but do both of you operate on the same plane?...are you both grown enough to handle it?

As long as you feel comfortable and not feeling like a)daddys little girl or b)like a russian order bride then there nothing wrong with dating a older man.I actually prefer them over my age 23..bc Im fluffy young dudes only want you little skinny things with the big bums..a older man is able to appreciate this fine wine over here..

You know, you bring up your weight a lot in threads about men. It's like a complex or something.

What's up with that?

Last edited:
Well it not a complex its just reality.Im not seen as a average chick.I have had some really jacked issues with dudes that seem to stem from my looks.Im sorry that it has caused you to have to reply to my post.

You know, you bring up your weight a lot in threads about men. It's like a complex or something.

What's up with that?

Well it not a complex its just reality.Im not seen as a average chick.I have had some really jacked issues with dudes that seem to stem from my looks.Im sorry that it has caused you to have to reply to my post.

Well, whatever you want to call it, it's noticeable enough that folks on the Internet who don't know you are commenting about it, and I'd hate to see what vibes you're giving off in person about this issue. :nono:

People create their own reality, so if yours is that you're an average "fluffy" chick that nobody wants, well... don't be surprised if that keeps happening to you.

Yes.

I am personally inclined to think something is "wrong" with him. Why does he want to date someone so young? Why don't women his age want him? What has he accomplished in his 31 years that he has commonality with a 22 yo?

Yes.

I am personally inclined to think something is "wrong" with him. Why does he want to date someone so young? Why don't women his age want him? What has he accomplished in his 31 years that he has commonality with a 22 yo?

I hear you, but it all depends on the people involved. I've realized lately that my views on coupling are heavily shaped by american culture and that in the big picture, marriages between older men/younger women have always been very common in a variety of cultures.

I know an engaged couple where the woman is 21 and he is 31. I side eye them a bit cause she seems so young and hasn't finished her education, doesn't have a full-time job, and still lives with her parents. He is divorced but his maturity level and personality don't seem far off from hers in a lot of ways. He still seems to be finding his way career wise..seems like they both can grow together in the long run, though I do feel the girl is very naive about his past baggage... He has other women his age interested but maybe he can't handle a woman closer to his age who has it together because he would be intimidated and feel pressured.

I do think some men choose much younger women because they tend to be more naive and have lower expectations, they can be her knight in shining armor. However, that doesn't mean it's always a bad thing if the guy is responsible and has a good heart.. . Water rises to its own level.

I hear you, but it all depends on the people involved. I've realized lately that my views on coupling are heavily shaped by american culture and that in the big picture, marriages between older men/younger women have always been very common in a variety of cultures.

I know an engaged couple where the woman is 21 and he is 31. I side eye them a bit cause she seems so young and hasn't finished her education, doesn't have a full-time job, and still lives with her parents. He is divorced but his maturity level and personality don't seem far off from hers in a lot of ways. He still seems to be finding his way career wise..seems like they both can grow together in the long run, though I do feel the girl is very naive about his past baggage... He has other women his age interested but maybe he can't handle a woman closer to his age who has it together because he would be intimidated and feel pressured.

I do think some men choose much younger women because they tend to be more naive and have lower expectations, they can be her knight in shining armor. However, that doesn't mean it's always a bad thing if the guy is responsible and has a good heart.. . Water rises to its own level.

I don't know. In my opinion, it seems the 30 year old scrubs just go out and find a 20 year old. They aren't judged as harshly by the younger ladies, because they are more naive and prob. flattered by the older male. They are basically on the same level because they are both just "starting" out so to speak. It doesn't mean the person is a bad person, but I would be more inclined to figure out WHY does this man have such a commonality with a 20 yo? What have you done in the past 10 years with your life that you find a 20 soooo compelling? More than likely, not much.

I don't buy it.

Just my opinion.

I don't know. In my opinion, it seems the 30 year old scrubs just go out and find a 20 year old. They aren't judged as harshly by the younger ladies, because they are more naive and prob. flattered by the older male. They are basically on the same level because they are both just "starting" out so to speak. It doesn't mean the person is a bad person, but I would be more inclined to figure out WHY does this man have such a commonality with a 20 yo? What have you done in the past 10 years with your life that you find a 20 soooo compelling? More than likely, not much.

I don't buy it.

Just my opinion.

I agree with you, cause I wondered about this with the couple I referred to above.

Thing is, I wonder what men think about this issue.. a lot of them seem to appreciate young women that seem baggage free and moldable.

it's not like the guy is 40

once you're in your 20s, the age difference becomes less relevant

I'm involved with someone who is 29 and he's a JD

not all older men are losers.

I agree with you, cause I wondered about this with the couple I referred to above.

Thing is, I wonder what men think about this issue.. a lot of them seem to appreciate young women that seem baggage free and moldable.

Right. Thinking back...every man in that age bracket that approached me in my early 20's were on the whole "I'm trying to get my business started, I need a down chick, we both can support each other"...blah blah blah...

If you are gonna date a broke *** who is trying to get it together, why not someone your own age? The perks of dating an older man IMO is maturity and that just not mentally...I mean in the pockets as well...If you are gonna go that old, make sure he has it going on.

Don't waste your 20's and your pretty being arm candy for some scrub with baggage..ex wives, kids, baby mamas...

Back