Dating Corny Men

GraceJones

So as I've begun dating I'm noticing that the pretty boys are trying to play games, text you to death, never want to ask you on a date. Pure F boy behavior.
If they do ask they want you to go on a couch date. If ya'll do out out to eat or something that actually cost money, it's like they're mentally counting what they have spent on you (I know all men do this to some degree but with them it's like it PAINS them to spend money on you).
One dude asked me to go to the club with him and his brother. When I told him that didn't sound very romantic he told me that there was a Chinese buffet near where he grew up. WTH is my grown behind doing at a Chinese buffet? Maybe if I was in HS or still in college. But now, hell naw!

I'm trying to give the corny brothers some play and they want to actually want to take me to nice restaurants for brunch, dinner, etc. Plus, they seem to have much more stable jobs. They can actually pick you up in a car and take you home, you don't have to ride some cold bus. IDK what's important to other women but I would much rather a stable man who might not be so cute but spoils me to death, rather some pretty man.

What do you ladies think?

Sometimes it's not the guy, it's just you not being excited by stability.

I've never been attracted to badboy types who slang D well, or whatever. Even my fb's have been the geeky types who love Xbox and gadgets and studying :lol:.

Do a little introspection and see what's really going on here, because there are guys out there who are "corny" but fun.

I've never been attracted to badboy types who slang D well, or whatever. Even my fb's have been the geeky types who love Xbox and gadgets and studying :lol:.

Do a little introspection and see what's really going on here, because there are guys out there who are "corny" but fun.
I second that. :yep: Ask yourself what is it about you that attracts those FBoys and doesn't find a stable, mature dude attractive?

There is nothing corny about a guy with a stable job who wants to take you out. That's a gentleman and what you should be looking for IMO. Enjoy being courted, have fun, and leave the pretty boys alone.
No some of these men are pretty dorky. It's fine though because I'm dorky too. My friends usually go for those pretty type of guys and I never was really into that

Yeah I know, I'm not saying anything is wrong with it. I would much rather be with a guy who is "corny" but might not be the bad boy type per say.

I second that. :yep: Ask yourself what is it about you that attracts those FBoys and doesn't find a stable, mature dude attractive?

Nothing really. I'm just saying that there is much more to look to than physical attraction.

IDK how you all got those opinions from my OP. I'm pretty much agreeing with all of you lol

I missed the last part (bolded). Up until then it sounded like you were wanting a pretty boy, while calling decent guys corny. Anyway, so I guess we all agree then.

So as I've begun dating I'm noticing that the pretty boys are trying to play games, text you to death, never want to ask you on a date. Pure F boy behavior.
If they do ask they want you to go on a couch date. If ya'll do out out to eat or something that actually cost money, it's like they're mentally counting what they have spent on you (I know all men do this to some degree but with them it's like it PAINS them to spend money on you).
One dude asked me to go to the club with him and his brother. When I told him that didn't sound very romantic he told me that there was a Chinese buffet near where he grew up. WTH is my grown behind doing at a Chinese buffet? Maybe if I was in HS or still in college. But now, hell naw!

I'm trying to give the corny brothers some play and they want to actually want to take me to nice restaurants for brunch, dinner, etc. Plus, they seem to have much more stable jobs. They can actually pick you up in a car and take you home, you don't have to ride some cold bus. IDK what's important to other women but I would much rather a stable man who might not be so cute but spoils me to death, rather some pretty man.[b/]

What do you ladies think?

Yeah but I never said that I was only attracted to FBs lol. IDK now I feel like we're talking about 2 different things. w/e anyway we have the same opinions lol

I see what you mean.

I think we sort of took it as a question about your dating background. We've discussed this so many times before that I think a few of us kinda glazed over the paragraphs.

Again. For me it is no question. I am naturally attracted to corny dudes. There are women who like the fboys for many reasons. I really don't concern myself with that area of the universe. Shiiid, I'm just trying to find 1 guy for myself. :lol:

I like corny men. I'm not ready to get married or have a stable relationship but I expect all the dudes I date to have potential. FBs can waste someone else's time.

I said this a few times on here ,always go for the one who makes you feel like the prize . Pretty boys have so many options you ll end up having to compete with other women,they re often shallow and hardly faithful. You might get a few home dates and a seat on the bench as an option when the demand is lower . (That's if they really like you /the sex)
Dh is a geek and was completely head over heels in love with me ,paid for our holidays ,made me feel special etc . Attractive men have that ego to feed and often times a woman alone won't do.

Unattractive dudes can be FBs (the ones with money), and there are cute, corny guys. Currently seeing 3 cute cornballs. I prefer smart, funny, and a little bit nerdy, cuz I'm a nerd myself. I attract a ton of FBs because of my shape though.

Last edited:
Honestly, alot of corny dudes tend to have esteem issues. I don't have time for that either. It's not always easy finding attractive, well adjusted, corny men. I sometimes regret not finding a husband when I was in college. :nono: The trifecta was all over the place!

Corny guys rock but I'm a nerd myself.. They are witty, intelligent and usually are gentleman.. Pretty boys are too arrogant and don't always make the best lovers

Honestly, alot of corny dudes tend to have esteem issues. I don't have time for that either. It's not always easy finding attractive, well adjusted, corny men. I sometimes regret not finding a husband when I was in college. :nono: The trifecta was all over the place!
Sometimes I wish the same...but I had some confidence issues back in undergrad and I'm pretty certain I would have chosen the wrong man.

Unattractive dudes can be FBs (the ones with money), and there are cute, corny guys. Currently seeing 3 cute cornballs. I prefer smart, funny, and a little bit nerdy, cuz I'm a nerd myself. I attract a ton of FBs because of my shape though.

Girl, I just got back from a date with a corny man and he tried me all the way through. He asked me a few questions and I guess I triggered him/didn't validate him enough.

Girl, I just got back from a date with a corny man and he tried me all the way through. He asked me a few questions and I guess I triggered him/didn't validate him enough.
Oh no!! Do tell....

You do have to watch for the guys who consistently claim to be nice guys, that's a major red flag for me. The corny dudes I'm currently dating are attractive and confident, it's just their sense of humor and interests make them corny...or am I conflating corny for nerdy? What's the difference?

A woman he used to date called him a chauvinist. He told me what had occurred and I told him from a feminist's perspective (mine) he didn't do anything wrong. Fine, we move on from the subject and we talk about something else. All of a sudden he asks, "What's the difference between a feminist and someone who believes in equal rights for women?" I said it was the same thing. He asks me the same question again. I said it was the same thing. I ask him if thinks there is a difference. He says he thinks feminist hate men. I inform him that I don't hate men.

Looking back on the conversation I think I said a couple things that he didn't want to hear I guess. He asked me if I liked taller guys over shorter and I said I really didn't care and didn't bother to think about those things. I guess he wanted me to tell him I found taller men are attractive since he is taller. He asked me what me ideal man looked like and I told him I really didn't know. I finally just decided to say Odell Beckham Jr. He said he didn't know who it was so I showed a pic on my phone. I guess since he is a darker guy and more overweight he doesn't look anything like Odell Beckham Jr. so that hurt his feelings.

I also told him about one of my worse dates and I told him pretty much that the guy was just awkward and weird. I think maybe he sees himself as an awkward guy because he had mentioned he used to have trouble talking with women. I thought he moved past that but I guess he took it personal. I guess telling me he thinks feminist hate men was his way to kind of stick me back

A woman he used to date called him a chauvinist. He told me what had occurred and I told him from a feminist's perspective (mine) he didn't do anything wrong. Fine, we move on from the subject and we talk about something else. All of a sudden he asks, "What's the difference between a feminist and someone who believes in equal rights for women?" I said it was the same thing. He asks me the same question again. I said it was the same thing. I ask him if thinks there is a difference. He says he thinks feminist hate men. I inform him that I don't hate men.

Looking back on the conversation I think I said a couple things that he didn't want to hear I guess. He asked me if I liked taller guys over shorter and I said I really didn't care and didn't bother to think about those things. I guess he wanted me to tell him I found taller men are attractive since he is taller. He asked me what me ideal man looked like and I told him I really didn't know. I finally just decided to say Odell Beckham Jr. He said he didn't know who it was so I showed a pic on my phone. I guess since he is a darker guy and more overweight he doesn't look anything like Odell Beckham Jr. so that hurt his feelings.

I also told him about one of my worse dates and I told him pretty much that the guy was just awkward and weird. I think maybe he sees himself as an awkward guy because he had mentioned he used to have trouble talking with women. I thought he moved past that but I guess he took it personal. I guess telling me he thinks feminist hate men was his way to kind of stick me back

He's insecure to the point where he baited you into making him feel bad.

The worst.

Oh no!! Do tell....

You do have to watch for the guys who consistently claim to be nice guys, that's a major red flag for me. The corny dudes I'm currently dating are attractive and confident, it's just their sense of humor and interests make them corny...or am I conflating corny for nerdy? What's the difference?

Corny and nerdy tend to go hand in hand. It's not worth trying to dissect the difference, lol

I think I like corny men because I grew up around them.

My brother and I put up the Christmas tree last night. When we finished he went in for a high five. :lol:

I used to be annoyed about that kind of thing, but now I think I need that kind of foolishness in my life :look:

What is the definition of corny?

I think it can be a multitude of things, but my brothers are corny so I will use them as example:

-Asking for high fives.

-Asking me to put my thoughts in an email for further discussion, no matter how mundane :lol:

-Having a secret handshake between us. Two of my brothers do. They're mess.

...I will add as I think of others....

yall sure spent way too much of that date talking about others
Yeah we did. I was trying to let him lead the conversation, but a lot of the question he asked were about other men. Like, "What's the last date you've been on?" and "When did you have a date with the last guy you met online?" (We met online) I guess he wanted to quantify my desirability by how many other men wanted me? Or I guess he wanted to scope out competition to see if I had options?

I kept telling him to mind his business but in a nice way, so I decided to humor him with that response. Just really nosy.

Yeah we did. I was trying to let him lead the conversation, but a lot of the question he asked were about other men. Like, "What's the last date you've been on?" and "When did you have a date with the last guy you met online?" (We met online) I guess he wanted to quantify my desirability by how many other men wanted me? Or I guess he wanted to scope out competition to see if I had options?

I kept telling him to mind his business but in a nice way, so I decided to humor him with that response. Just really nosy.

He wanted to quantify your desirability and garner validation for himself. Imagine if this was a woman asking a man 50-11 question about other women that she doesn't even know. This dude sounds severely insecure. If you're not gonna drop him then you should proceed with caution.

Back