Cute, corny and silly things your significant other says about your hair.

JBunnie

I'm pretty new to world of healthy natural hair so I find that I don't know a whole lot. But now that I'm learning my boyfriend is getting exposed to a lot of new things through me and he sometimes makes comments that I can't help but laugh and smile about.

On Friday we were going to the park just to hang out so I decided to cowash my hair so my curls would be fresh. He was getting out the shower and I started bringing my products into the bathroom. I set my bottle of honey on the side of the tub and he asked, "well what's that for?!" I told him it was for extra moisture for my hair. He said, "you put honey in your hair? WHAT IF SOMEONE LETS THE BEEZ OUT THE TRAP?!" (He was referencing the Nicki Minaj song because I told him about how my sister didn't know what the slang meant when the song played in my car and he admitted that he didn't know what she meant either). I couldn't help but bust out laughing. I told him honey was water soluble so I'll be ok. After I got out the shower he smelled my hair and said, "it smells kind of sweet.... I hope the beez are in the trap!"

He also questioned me about my bantu knots today. He wanted to know whether or not they were an actual style of it they were just a means to curl ones hair. He just always finds funny/silly ways to comment about my hair.

What about you all's significant others? Do they say cute/silly/corny/funny things about your hair?

That is too cute! I can't think of anything that hubby has said at the time. But my son calls my fro "fat hair".

He hasn't said anything that I can recall, but he let me know that two black women in his office were talking hair, and he happened in on the tail end of their conversation. He told me that he offered some tips like protective styling and moisturizing and the importance of deep conditioning. Mind you they were probably thinking, "Who asked this white dude anything?!!" He says they just got quiet so he pretended he heard someone call his name and left. He blames me for his unnatural knowledge of black hair care:lachen::lachen:

My bf asked his mom if she noticed that my hair is growing. I know he didn't tell me bc I'm pretty insecure about my hair and he doesn't want me to be like oh so u do like long hair... Lol. But it's nice that he notices

Msmchy lol they probably didn't know what to think.lol Thats hilarious. Now thats a
down dude. He knows how well you take care of yourself. So sweet :)

He hasn't said anything that I can recall, but he let me know that two black women in his office were talking hair, and he happened in on the tail end of their conversation. He told me that he offered some tips like protective styling and moisturizing and the importance of deep conditioning. Mind you they were probably thinking, "Who asked this white dude anything?!!" He says they just got quiet so he pretended he heard someone call his name and left. He blames me for his unnatural knowledge of black hair care:lachen::lachen:

Too funny! My man thinks nothing of walking up to BW he doesn't know and asking them about their hair--he sure got in the natural hair spirit once I started to transition. Mostly, he calls me "Curly Sue" these days, but he's loving the new look.

Well I don't currently have an SO. I hope it's okay to share what an ex said. I was wearing my hair in a twist out and he said it looks hard but when I touched it, it's so soft and smooth. The smoothest thing I've ever touched!

Ish my Hubby says:
"What are you going to do with all of that hair??"
"Don't you miss how quick it was to do your hair when it was relaxed?"
"How much longer is it gonna take to braid your hair?"
"You're doing your hair Again??"

And to his female family members:
"You don't want to do what Jai does to get her hair so thick...it's very complicated!" :lachen:

I promise you, my routine is so simple now, I actually do just as much as I did when I Didn't care. The most complicated thing I do is when I make products from scratch, or my MT mix, and that's just Fun anyway. :grin: And I swear my Hubby get's a bigger head than I do, when his family compliments my hair now. :yep:

Msmchy, that is classic! You must be a fabulous teacher!

BBritdenise, it's always so sweet when our guys notice the little things they know we care about.

My boyfriend also calls my bonnet my "chef's hat" and my spandex legging leg that I use as a hooded band (next pay check I'm buying a real hooded band, I just had to thug it out for a while) my "head sock". And I'm pretty sure he told me I looked like Queen Latifah in Set It Off at some point but I don't remember what my hair looked like. And when I have my hair separated after detangle, during washing, to apply product, etc... he calls me Felisha from Friday. Yeah this boy is a total fool

Uniqzoe, LOL, that's cute! How old is your son?

JBunnie, He is almost 6 and already loves "fat hair".

ETA: My daughter is natural too and yesterday she had a twist out, he reaches out to touch her hair and says, "Ohhh sissy, your hair feels so moisture!!" :lachen::lachen: I was thinking, I have the whole family, lhcf-t-fied

Last edited:
My guy's worst fear is me going 'Angela Bassett/Waiting 2 Exhale' as he calls it. So yesterday, I told him he should love me with long or short hair. He says "Well I would if I had met you with short hair...I'd be used to it. But now Im in love with your hair too, so you 'going Angela Bassett' would break my heart."
He's goofy, but I think he was seriousLol.

Uniqzoe, has the most adorable family ever!!!!

CurlyMoo, isn't it great how our hair can be so deciving?! As long as strangers don't get that urge to touch without asking :evil:

MrsJaiDiva, my boyfriend wonders why i wash my hair so much now. I washed last Saturday then cowashed on the following Tuesday and he got angry because he hadn't seen me all weekend because I had food poisoning so I stayed home because I was too weak to drive. He was all, "I haven't seen you in days and the first day I can see you again you tell me you're washing your hair, when you just washed it on Saturday!" So not the happy camper.
And your family, LOL, too funny!!!! Is this the Antiguan side that says that?

[USER=333081 said:
MrsJaiDiva[/USER], my boyfriend wonders why i wash my hair so much now. I washed last Saturday then cowashed on the following Tuesday and he got angry because he hadn't seen me all weekend because I had food poisoning so I stayed home because I was too weak to drive. He was all, "I haven't seen you in days and the first day I can see you again you tell me you're washing your hair, when you just washed it on Saturday!" So not the happy camper.
And your family, LOL, too funny!!!! Is this the Antiguan side that says that?

No, my Hubby and his family are from St. Kitts. My family says things like "Why do you want to grow your hair so long anyway?? You know you get that from Nana..." (Long hair = Beauty in Antigua I guess), and "Too much oil will rot your hair out, you watch. You're doing too much to it anyway." :rolleyes:

Something else I think is so funny is that my bf is always surprised when he notices that my hair isn't a weave. (even though my hair is SL at best and low density)

JBunnie, He is almost 6 and already loves "fat hair".

ETA: My daughter is natural too and yesterday she had a twist out, he reaches out to touch her hair and says, "Ohhh sissy, your hair feels so moisture!!" :lachen::lachen: I was thinking, I have the whole family, lhcf-t-fied

Lol, my twin boys love putting on my satin caps, and headbands. They also do this thing, where they act like they're putting moisturizer in their hands and then rub them together...then they rub the "moisturizer" in each others hair, or their fathers hair. 20 months, and they already know how it's done :lachen::lachen:

Last night my bf said word for word, " So when is it my turn for a Hair Day? You always so yours and leave mine in the dust!" :lachen: ....BUT we went to the barber earlier that day!! :lol:

When my hair is in a braid-out,I get,oh,so your Chaka khan today..lol

Happy Hair Growing!

My hubby doesn't say much to me, but appairently he thinks I'm some sort of hair guru....if i do it, he does it. He uses all my hair products, co-washes his hair, wears wash n go's, and sleeps on a satin pillow case with a satin bonnet on.:look: yesterday he comes in our bedroom all excited because he finally perfected his hair pudding (Ecostyler and Tresemme Naturals conditioner mixed together):look:. He uses my denman brush more than I do. Sheesh. My hubby currently has a TWA, and I have no idea what he plans to do with it or how far he plans to grow it out. I'm hoping he goes back to locks like he had when we met:spinning:.

MyAngelEyez~C~U said:
My hubby doesn't say much to me, but appairently he thinks I'm some sort of hair guru....if i do it, he does it. He uses all my hair products, co-washes his hair, wears wash n go's, and sleeps on a satin pillow case with a satin bonnet on.:look: yesterday he comes in our bedroom all excited because he finally perfected his hair pudding (Ecostyler and Tresemme Naturals conditioner mixed together):look:. He uses my denman brush more than I do. Sheesh. My hubby currently has a TWA, and I have no idea what he plans to do with it or how far he plans to grow it out. I'm hoping he goes back to locks like he had when we met:spinning:.

lMMFAO!!!!! To this whole post!!!

Post of the year !!! Loool

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Mine calls my stretched hair his, "Fluff." He hates me getting relaxers because that would take down the volume of it, and the thought of me dying it or cutting it scares the hell out of him. Hes also in love with the conditioner I use (Garnier Sleek and Shine). He has a habit of playing with it while I sleep too. So I guess you can say in a way I have Hand-in-Hair Syndrome. :rolleyes:

I'm Anavrin btw....:look:

MyAngelEyez~C~U said:

:dead: : dead: :dead:

Don't mind me, I posted before reading the thread. Didn't realize it was a natural thread. Carry on..........:look:

Last edited:
My hubby now buys me hair products for holidays:) for mothers day he took me to Ulta he had so much fun watching me shop. the more special the holiday the more money he gives me for products! He even tries to buy me some on his own lol

My bf is constantly playing in my hair. Today it was in a shrunken braid-out and he kept pulling the curls and watching them spring back. He likes the fact that I don't mind him being in my hair. Recently he cut his hair for a job interview, but when he had a fro-hawk I convinced him to use oil and to comb it out with a REAL comb, as opposed to just an Afro pick. He wants to grow his hair back long again, only this time in a different style. Can't wait to help him along the journey!

Anytime I tell him to put something in his hair, he's like "All that stuff is gonna make my hair fall out." I'm like "Listen, I use all the same stuff. Is MY hair falling out?" He observes my hair and then nods his head. "Alright, you got it."

Back