The nice things SO says about your Hair

I love this thread!
My DH and I have been married for 6 years and off and on I've been natural. The last time I permed he was so upset. He knew the damage it had caused my hair before. He's so happy that I take such good care of my natural hair. He compliments me on it all the time. I love when he comments on its growth! He likes helping me "do" my hair (he's flat ironed and trimmed my hair) and talks like he really pays attention to my hair rants and knows whats healthy and harmful practices. If he sees someone doing something damaging to their hair it irritates him. Probably the sweetest thing he does is oil and massage my scalp every night...here's the kicker, my DH is white! I got a white man oiling my scalp and pressing my hair :lachen:! Awww, I wuv him!

Last edited:
My SO hates my wig. Well, last night after washing I asked him if he liked my natural look or the wig look, he said "Natural". I then had him stretch a piece, he then grabbed me from behind and started running his hands all through my hair and kissing me all over.

I told him I could wear it like this but it may take longer to get longer but I would (I was lying) if he wanted me to. He did this :nono: and said ok you can wear it for one more YEAR :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Last edited:
SO stated that my hair smells like a sweet cactus...
He asked for more Bantu knots styles, saying it allows him to mess it up and no one can really tell (for this he got the side eye)

Just came in to say I can't read this thread, it will only make me mad at my dh . We are not on the same page when it comes to my natural hair. He will stay politely quiet, but we both know what's up.

My bf said to me yesterday, "I like your hair up, I like your hair straight, I like your hair down and natural. I just love your hair really." :) That was sweet.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using LHCF

my SO told me my hair was so pretty, i don't need a weave. he also instructs me to put my scarf on as well. he loves grabbing and pulling on it too! :lachen: the one thing i'm not feelin is him sleeping on my satin pillow....

SO stated that my hair smells like a sweet cactus...
He asked for more Bantu knots styles, saying it allows him to mess it up and no one can really tell (for this he got the side eye)
Bwahahaha so cute sounds like something dh would say.
Just came in to say I can't read this thread, it will only make me mad at my dh . We are not on the same page when it comes to my natural hair. He will stay politely quiet, but we both know what's up.

alexei hang in there eventually he will come around, once he sees your hair thriving he will

During our first few yrs of marriage hubby tried to support me in his oen way in my efforts of trying to grow hair. Only problem he was a white cowboy from montana who before he met me had no real contact with blk haircare to speak off.
His simple solution?
Ask any blk woman with hair he deemed worthy about her reggie while telling her in detail about my hair woes,lhcf and my obsession.
We had to have a talk about that one lol:lachen:

Btw looove these stories so cute

My SO never liked when I wore weaves so when I told him I was going Natural and started my hair journey he was all for it. Now anytime I tell him that I might get a relaxer he convinces me not too! :-) Love that guy!:yep:

My fiance and I have been together for 11 years, so he has seen me relaxed and natural. Since I transitioned in secret (I cut off all of my hair and rocked extensions for nearly 2 years), my natural hair should have shocked him. Instead, he :runninghug::slap: and said, "I love your kinky curls, why didn't you take those braids out sooner?" :love:

When SO saw me with my straightened hair his eyes bugged out and he was like "look at your locks!" lol exact words. Love him. He always tells me to put on my bonnet if we're going to get snuggly too :)

Mine asked if I could take it down so he can play with it...I warned him his finger might get caught and to be gentle with her and he gave me a scalp massage and said how beautiful its grown and transformed since the first time we were both introduced to her.....He loves that she has her own perfumes too from cocolatte moisture mask, to strawberries, and mango and so much more.

DH always comments on how soft and nice my hair feels.

The other day he asked when I'm taking these twists out so he can wash my hair.

Yay! SO surprised me with lunch at work today and when he saw my hair he stops and goes "wow! How did, how do, how did you do that?!" I ask what although I know it hair related because he's literally stroking the side of my head lol. "it's so smoooooooth". Lol yes babe. It's smooth. Because I used a brush this morning lol. "but...wow. It's so soft. You did a great job!" awwwwww!! Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF :)

DH supports me in my attempts to go natural, even through this 'crazy phase' . That means so much to me because his opinion matters!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

My SO liked when I got my hair freshly cut. That was about 9 wks ago so it's growing out a bit, he mentioned to me that he really liked my hair when I first got it done :lol:. When I get another touch up, I'll have the hairdreser shape up the cut again. After that, I'll prob let my hair grow out again.. who knows.

I'm in love with how in love my bf is with my hair. He was for a moment "entranced" by it, but now he understands, and when he sees me twisting it at night, he'll sit me down and do it for me. the sweetest thing seeing him smile when he braids and moisturizes and seals for me, and reads the ingredients on bottles.

Nice things:

"that's a cute updo, bunny. you can fold (insert whatever color scarf i have on hand) and make a headband, too."

"You need another bobby pin right there."

"ooooOOh it's so bouncy!"

"You need to quit. it looks good, just relax, okay?"

well at first he was a little nervous about me big chopping but he really didn't have much of a say in the matter.

Now he just loves the fact that I let him touch my hair. He always comments on how soft it is and how long its gotten since my BC.

He also likes when I where my hair in "the spikes" (thats what he calls my chunky twist outs):lachen::lachen::lachen:

Said one day after taking out my weave , I like u better with short hair it shows your face more. And that was the day I said no more super long weaves

Back