Curly Girls.. What are you doing for the summer?

DivaEsq

How do you plan on wearing your hair this summer? If you live in the south like I do flat ironing is not an option with the humidity.. My curly wash n go just doesn't seem really professional for my legal job this summer... Just wonderin' what you ladies plan on doin.

Preserved, Preapproved, Prepared!

My Hair Journey

http://public.fotki.com/DivaEsq/

I have a dilema of sorts myself. My hair shrinks once the humidity hits it, when flat ironed. I want an option to wash & go. So i've actually been playing around with weaves. Except I recalled why I don't like weaves....my scalp is sensative:( . I even bought a wig for meetings. I call it my meeting hair:lachen:

I dunno?:confused:

I suspect I'll be doing wash 'n go's, buns, ponytails, phony ponies and rollersets/flatironing on Sunday for church every now and then. I'm adding to my scarf and earring collection so I can have something to spice up the look.

DivaEsq said:
How do you plan on wearing your hair this summer? If you live in the south like I do flat ironing is not an option with the humidity.. My curly wash n go just doesn't seem really professional for my legal job this summer... Just wonderin' what you ladies plan on doin.

Preserved, Preapproved, Prepared!

My Hair Journey

http://public.fotki.com/DivaEsq/

I was wondering about that. But my office is laid back. I find that the black people are more concerned about it than the white people.

i'm texlaxed, but still very curly

i will be doing wash and go pony tails and buns..as usual!

i will co wash every 3 days
and use pure avocado butter and coconut oil to moisturize!!!

I wear buns, ponytails, and sometimes a wash and go.

I don't plan on flat ironing until August at the earliest.

WNG's all summer. Any type of straight style or roller set is not an option for me in the summer. I think a wasn n' go can be professional depending on how you style it but I wouldn't know cuz I'm not a professional, lol.

Ditto the bolded

Candy_C said:
i'm texlaxed, but still very curly

i will be doing wash and go pony tails and buns..as usual!

i will co wash every 3 days
and use pure avocado butter and coconut oil to moisturize!!!

I tested out my wash and go yesterday and it was sort of like a hot mess. :mad: My hair was super curly and coily but it's at that length (almost APL/def. SL stretched but layers all over) where it looks :perplexed

I'll be doing buns, ponytails, phony ponies and the occasional 1/2 wig. Unless I want a change and decide to get something else. I'll also co-wash 2 or 3 times a week cause I plan to be exercising up a storm.

chocolate01 said:
Same thing I am doing now wearing a bun. Oh and I definetly plan on getting some color!

I'm thinking about color too. I bought some but I'm too chicken to put it in. I think I'm gonna let my stylist do it when I go to him sometime next month.

cupcake said:
I tested out my wash and go yesterday and it was sort of like a hot mess. :mad: My hair was super curly and coily but it's at that length (almost APL/def. SL stretched but layers all over) where it looks :perplexed

My hair is close to your length stretched, and unless I slap some click clacks at the top of my hair--a shake and go is now a bit of a mess too.

I have fallen in love with buns this week (which just look like a contained afro puff on my head), so I think I'll be puffing, and bunning, with the occasional shake and go, this summer. The weather stays about the same most of the year here, so I'm going to try to make my own pomade next week and use it all summer.

I got a cute style that I like that I'm going to do more of this summer.

Flattwist the top half of my hair to the crown (med/lg size flattwist...not the small ones). take one side (left or right) of hair and gather (you can part down the center back if you want) and do a loose pincurl, so that your hair is not tight against the scalp. Pin the pincurl loosly in place. Do the same thing to the other side of the head. Then, get some pretty clip/barrette accessories (I like the ones that bling) and place where you like ( I put two in, one above each pincurl...it looked nice)

Then pull some tendrils down in the back and sides and you are out the door.

I wore it like this today and while I was out shopping, about 8 naturals said that my hairstyle was really pretty and I gave them some ideas.

HTH

I'll be doing the same thing I always do. Nothing. Cowash, put it up. Start all over the next day. I have no styling skills. I might dare to wear it out (wash and go) a couple of nights though, when I'm out doing something special.

sew ins...my director asked that I keep it in since I look more mature (physically) with longer hair. So I wont see my hair at all this summer :ohwell:

I'm doing a partial curly weave. I am doing my 1st summer legal internship and they love my hair lol. I may put a few highlights in the front.

I wish I knew what to do for the summer. I am feeling like a change. I am suddenly craving shorter hair.

I am so digging the shoulder length straight styles. I love the straight curled end look. I think it looks classy.

I know I have to quit wearing a bun in the same place. I found a nice bald spot from my bun being in the same place :ohwell:

I think I am going for a single braid or pigtails. Yes, I am going to wear pigtails my little bald spot has got to heal.:look: So I guess my new summer look will be cute Pokohantas;)

I'm not sure I wanted to do braids but I think that they'll charge me a crazy amount since my hair is past shoulder length now. I'm thinking a curly wash n go ponytail. I'm taking classes so it shouldn't matter.

UmBlessed..

Your hair is beautiful. I am craving to cut my hair to your length.

I like the straight and curled ends look. You look fab.

Back