Okay ladies, what are your New Year's Hair Resolutions?

1. To not go TOO crazy with my new Sedu (flat iron).
2. Start transitioning to natural when I reach brastrap this year.
3. Keep stretching my relaxers.
4. Not get cornrows w/ extensions (or at least NOT often)
5. Not become a PJ again and stick to my current regimen.

I'm pretty good about consistently taking care of my hair. So, I guess I'll just continue doing what I've been doing. Relaxing 4 times a year, wearing protective styles, doing the baggie method(which I love by the way!) and not trimming often. In fact, after I get my trim with my next touch up next month I'm going to try and not trim again for an entire year. I feel like the Baggie Method is really going to help with that.

My New Year's hair resolution:

-Continue with no heat (air dry)
-Pre-poo treatments
-Continue with transitioning
-Stay consistent with my regimen

:)

STOP the impulsive hair product buying! One good thing is that I am not really tempted to buy expensive products like I use to when I first joined the board. I won't hesitate to dish out money for a bottle of Penetraitt or maybe Emergencee.

This New Year I want to limit the amount of products that I am using in my hair !!!!!!!! Im also tired of seeing so many products on my shelves. I need to just stick with my staples or try something new once in a while. I just can't control myself sometimes, a trip to the hair store of the BSS always makes me feel better :look:

I will continue to stick with my regimen since it is working for me and has become a habit. I will continue to love and care for my hair everyday.

Additionally, if I learn something new that will simplify and/or improve my regimen, I will check it out! :)

Last edited:
mine is:

starting pre-poo treatments
stop looking in the MIRROR FOR GROWTH !
taking better care of my daughters' hair " I've been neg. her hair lately :perplexed

I will try to use up at least half of the hair products I have before purchasing more.
Do not go to Bss but twice a month.

1. WRAP MY HAIR AT NIGHT!!!

I am sure that any other resolution will change within the first month of the new year :)))))

1. To be more consistent with my hair care, particularly moisturising.

2. As little heat as possible - hopefully none before August 2005.

Edited to add: not just from 1st January, but from 27th December, LOL!

OK, since I have this aversion to buns :look: I am going to try to wear my hair in a bun at least one week each month for the upcoming year. I know some of you may be like "One week per month, that's nothing" :lol: Well for me, it's a lot. :grin: So that's my NYR (New Years Resolution) for 2005. I also need to invest in a silk or satin scarf to put over the coat and scarf so my hair doesn't suffer.

Mine are:
To learn what products work on my hair now.
To develop a regimine around them.
To treat my hair good, like only combing while wet (it's making all these weird snapping noises if I dare comb it while dry now) and doing deep moisturizing treatments when able. :)

continue to use less heat

stop introducing new products to my hair and stick with what I have that works

stop trimming until I reach my goal. Currently, I'm trimming because of uneven growth

cut back on protein treatments

learn to rollerset my hair

1. To stick with the products that work for my hair.

2. To stretch my relaxer touch-ups from 8-weeks to 10-weeks, consistently.

3. To blow-dry and flat-iron no more than once a month if even that often.

4. To deep condition weekly under the dryer with moisture and protein balanced conditoners.

My New Year's Hair Resolution is to go to the salon more often; every two months instead of every six months. My other resolution is to be more consistent with my trims.

1. Improve my regime for fine hair.
2. Reduce breakage from ?????
3. Strengthen hair.
4. Be patient for growth.

My goal is to have healthy hair, so I want to continue doing the things that I have started this year since finding this forum:
- moisturizing my hair twice a day, especially my ends
- wearing my hair in a bun during the week
- Staying away from direct heat
- Detangle my wet hair only when I have conditioner in it

I resolute to:

1. Finish the products I don't like too much before buying anymore
2. Moisturize hair (cholesterol, conditioner washes, coconut oil treament, etc.)
3. Complete personal Braid challenge: nine months (not consecutive) in 2005
4. Learn to be PATIENT and to appreciate what hair I do have because it's healthy.

I have a few resolutions:

1. more self-relaxing and rollersetting at home
2. more braidouts
3. better new growth management

-using up all my products
-learning how to do my own hair
-being consistent
-making my hair stronger and moistuised
-wearing my hair in a baggie or bun during the week

*continue using the same products and resist pj tendencies
*master flatironing my hair by doing it about once a month
*begin wearing my hair down and curly

~only straighten when trimming/dusting.
~continue using what works and avoid becoming a PJ again.
~be more consistant with my vitamin intake.

:) More CO washes between shampoos (at least 4x a week)
:) Try new components from the Ojon hair care line.
:) Make Surging a routine a least every other day.
:) A trim/dusting for every touch-up.

Back