NATURALS ! What's going to be your summer style?

Those of you who bun, how long is your hair? I feel like my hair isn't long enough to get a "non anorexic" bun

I think your hair is long enough to bun :yep:

You could always try a donut if you what it to look larger/rounder. I find that airdried stretched hair makes the biggest buns. :lick:

Puffs, buns, ponytails and wash-n-gos. Oh ... and my trusty banana clip will be in heavy rotation.

Puffs, buns, ponytails and wash-n-gos. Oh ... and my trusty banana clip will be in heavy rotation.

I bought a banana clip, and I was really excited to wear it, but I couldn't get it to close around my hair. :ohwell:

Do you think my hair is too thick? Or was I just doing it wrong?:sad:

I'm thinking mostly buns and chunky braids pinned up for the summer. I need super low-maintenance. Lack of patience + humidity + tons of hair on my neck make me sweat just thinking about it.

I'm transitioning
right now!
I
have braids in so..
maybe they will be out during
June and then from there
I will get acquainted with wigs....
my edges need a break...
:ohwell:

the only thing i can do with my hair is a wash and go. i will be co washing daily and walking out the door with wet hair.

I'll be basically be living in twists and boxbraids, twist and braid outs, a few puffs (on prestretched hair), a tight rollerset or a blow out may get a little bit of play. I don't plan on flatironing much (if ever) during the summer.

I love rinsing my twisted/braided head in the shower after a hot day in the summer sun.

Braids (I have a set in right now), Bantus, knot-outs, twists & twist outs. All summer long! i love the feel of the sun on my scalp, & daily co-washes in the summer :agree:

I'm going for bald or near it, taking it all off and starting again----all natural from the root up

I bought a banana clip, and I was really excited to wear it, but I couldn't get it to close around my hair. :ohwell:

Do you think my hair is too thick? Or was I just doing it wrong?:sad:
are you doing it on wet hair or dry hair? i would never be able to use those things without starting with freshly washed (not just damp) hair. :nono:

i prefer my WNGs to braidouts or twistouts, plus i'm in this cowashing challenge, so i will probably cowash daily like i did last summer. other than that...lots of wet bunning of the curlynikki/southerntease varieties. i may do senegalese twists again for a month or so. my head is too big for flat twists and it will be too hot for these wigs.

I'll be doing the same ol' bun most of the time, occasional twistouts (twistncurl), very few washngos

I have 4b/maybe 4c hair that doesn't really curl. I want to try braidouts but I don't have enough volume. Not sure what to do at this point besides flatironing every 2 weeks. Rollersets are not an option for my hair right now.

Wash and goes daily. I'll change the castor oil to coconut when it starts to get a little warmer. Maybe a few braid outs if the mood strikes.

I will probably be doing mostly wash n' go's like in my siggy.....anything that dosen't require me to sit under the dryer. I can't stand sitting under the dryer in hot weather.

If I want to show more length I will to twist n' curls or braid-outs.

Back