CURLFORMERS REMORSE

Are you suffering from Curlformers remorse.

• No, I am still happy I bought them.

Votes: 55 20.4%
  • Yes, I regret it. I plan to sell/return them or I've returned/sold them already

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I don't have them yet, but I want them

Votes: 107 39.8%
  • I don't want them because they cost too much

Votes: 87 32.3%

• Total voters

SouthernTease

Anybody having buyer's remorse after purchasing Curlformers?

I am... think they are great but I could really do without them.
I'm not supposed to be rollerseting anyway.
What was I thinking?
I am seriously contemplating returning them.
You know I spent about $300... at least I can return the skinny ones
and keep the extra wide ones. Maybe I dunno.
I'm tight with my $.

Plus if you aren't really careful you could loose a lot of hair from all the pulling.

Last edited:
Do you feel like you won't use them much?

I just got mine and haven't used them yet. I already know I won't be using them week in, week out because I like to CW too much but I think they are going to be a great alternative to rollersetting when I want curls.

Anybody having buyer's remorse after purchasing Curlformers?

I am... think they are great but I could really do without them.
I'm not supposed to be rollerseting anyway.
What was I thinking?
I am seriously contemplating returning them.
You know I spent about $300... at least I can return the skinny ones
and keep the extra wide ones. Maybe I dunno.
I'm tight with my $.

Plus if you aren't really careful you could loose a lot of hair from all the pulling.
:blush: All on CurlFormers?

$300?! :eek: Did you buy all of the different sizes?

I'd be having buyer's remorse too if I spent that kind of money! :lol:

They didn't work as well as I wanted them to on my hair. So I took them back. I wished they would have worked. I think the curls are beautiful. Seriously, I couldn't and wouldn't be remorseful if they worked on my nappy hair.

I took them back and got the necessary things to prepare for the arrival of my maxiglide. Ion Blow Dryer (Top of the line) and heat protectants etc.

The straight hair looked didn't come out too well either. But, I think it was technique. Shouldn't have blow dryed wet. Should have air dryed.

Anyway.

I didn't vote in your poll, only because the option "I want them, but they cost too much" isn't there. I'm getting a little bored with my natural hair lately, and have been looking for fun stuff to get into...and the Curlformers look like they would be something neat to do.

However...they cost too much. I can't justify buying them right now.

I voted that I didn't want them because of the cost. I might consider getting them if I didn't have to buy double the amount because of my length but I still doubt it. I think I'll be satisfied with flexirods (if I ever get around to buying those). The results from curlformers are simply stunning though.....and very tempting.

Sorry about your remorse ST......you could return them no?

You have to treat yourself sometimes.....Your hair look so good ....It may be worth the sacrifice.....If you didn't spend it on yourself you would have spent it somewhere else......

Enjoy life now while you can....I have a hubbie and 4 kids...So my kids come first.....

Treat yourself sometimes ...

Although there are some beautiful curlformers heads here, I had no interest in them what-so-ever.

Besides, looks like too much work for me.

The results that I've seen are so beautiful, but I just don't have a desire for them. The price really doesn't matter to me; it's just that I can get similar results with magnetic rollers doing a spiral set...without all the hair pulling.

I bought 7 packs of the Extra Long and Wide, and 2 hooks my total was $115 and some change. I bought the kit at first $59.99, but the rollers were too short for my hair so I returned it. I honestly don't care what they cost. When comes to my hair money is no object.:spinning:

SouthernTease I can not believe what I am reading. :ohwell: You have such beautiful results from the Curlformers. But I understand how you feel about the money spent.:yep: If you can't return them don't forget about Ebay or LHCF ladies that can't buy them in their neck of the woods. You can get your money back quick!!!

I voted I am happy I bought them. I currently own 2 packs of the Long & Wide and need to buy 2 more in order to do my whole head at once. I just used mine last night. I could not wait. (I had to do the front of my head, then the back later last night) My DH and I loves my new style today and all the curls. (need to post pics...next time) I will never give them up. :grin: Can't wait to get 2 more packs (My sallys is sold out at the moment).

Here is all the different types, amount per pack, and cost per pack (if you do not have a Sally's discount card):

sallys card price (left)
Short & Narrow (10 Curlformers per pack) $10.99 $9.99
Short & Wide (10 Curlformers per pack) $10.99 $9.99
Long & Wide (8 Curlformers per pack) $ 10.99 $9.99
Lang & Narrow (8 Curlformers per pack) $10.99 $9.99
Extra Long & Wide (6 Curlformers per pack) $12.99 $11.99
Extra Wide & Long (4 curlformers per pack) $12.99 $11.99
Crochet Hook $3.99

Last edited:
I bought 8 packs the other day at Sally's--7 extra long and wide (I think I could have gotten away with longs tho, even tho my hair is about to pass APL) and one set of short and wide. I tossed in the hook and another unrelated $7 purchase, and with a Sally's card and a 15% coupon it came to $98. That didn't seem too bad to me for the addition of even an occasional styling option to my collection of hair tools. I paid more for a Sedu flat iron I've used about 2 times in a year--but when I need it, I have it.

I tried them and it was... OK, but it's growing on me. My main problem is that my hair isn't as thick as others, and because I already look young pushing 36, a head full of ringlets had friends remarking that I looked 12. I wasn't keen on the manipulation and pulling, but when I got it right it was effortless. I need to master the technique before I can say for sure how I feel about them. They took a long time, but it's a nice change from my rollersets.

I don't regret it, overall. I'm not totally in love yet either, but when I get the hang of them that could change. It's just something new, and sometimes you gotta come outta pocket to find out whether it works for you or not.

$300???!!! You spent a car payment on hair rollers??!! And you KNOW we're in a recession!:spank:

Damn thats what I'm saying! Thats almost rent! :nono:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I hope you can get some of your money back ST cause its a recession and you know even PJs are bypassing spending money on hair stuff. I am laying low until gas prices stop flirting with 4 dollars:nono:.

I was in Sally's the other day buying plastic caps and I saw the kit there for 50 or 60 dollars. I laughed out loud right there in the store. Uh-huh. :nono: There was a time when I might have bought them but I know myself much, much better now. I would probably use them once, possibly twice. I'm just too lazy for all of that. I would need quite a few of those things and I'm sure it would take forever. Yup, I know myself too well.

Back