CURLFORMERS REMORSE

Are you suffering from Curlformers remorse.

• No, I am still happy I bought them.

Votes: 55 20.4%
  • Yes, I regret it. I plan to sell/return them or I've returned/sold them already

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I don't have them yet, but I want them

Votes: 107 39.8%
  • I don't want them because they cost too much

Votes: 87 32.3%

• Total voters
It ripped my hair out. I returned them. Never looking back. And Damn 300 dollars is alot of money. But it you like them and you want to spoil yourself go for it.

Anybody having buyer's remorse after purchasing Curlformers?

I am... think they are great but I could really do without them.
I'm not supposed to be rollerseting anyway.
What was I thinking?
I am seriously contemplating returning them.
You know I spent about $300... at least I can return the skinny ones
and keep the extra wide ones. Maybe I dunno.
I'm tight with my $.

Plus if you aren't really careful you could loose a lot of hair from all the pulling.

wow - looks like some of you have gorgeous results. I saw these in thestore lastyear and contemplated getting them but I was scared as hell of the hook. Now I wished I would have hit up my LHCF sisters for advice. I may actually try them soon.

As soon as I find my receipt, they are going right back to sally's. They were really easy and didn't damage my hair at all, but the extra wide and long just didn't do anything for my natural hair. Yes, my roots were straighter, but i'd rather have a more defined ringlet and a loose spiral. I'm sticking to my perm rods. I got the extra wide, thinking it would be an alternative for blowdrying and flat ironing.....NOT!

Question: Are you ladies returning these after you've opened the package and used them? Or, are you taking back unopened packages? Will Sally's take back opened packages? Just curious.

I love my CF's.:yep:

Although there are some beautiful curlformers heads here, I had no interest in them what-so-ever.

Besides, looks like too much work for me.

Me too. Plus as my hair gets longer it looks like it would be a lot more work. ST I am sure you can probably sell them if you really don't want to keep them. Q

Question: Are you ladies returning these after you've opened the package and used them? Or, are you taking back unopened packages? Will Sally's take back opened packages? Just curious.

Ugh...I just rinsed mine off and repackaged. Stapled them and everything.

I took them back said they didn't have the desired affect. REFUND CHING CHING!

Oh it's not a matter of treating myself.
It's just not very practical.
I might have been overly excited.
I'm taking them back... all of them...
I think...
I'll let ya'll know...

I voted that I didn't want them because of the cost. I might consider getting them if I didn't have to buy double the amount because of my length but I still doubt it. I think I'll be satisfied with flexirods (if I ever get around to buying those). The results from curlformers are simply stunning though.....and very tempting.

Sorry about your remorse ST......you could return them no?

Totally agree 100%. I'll wait until I can find them on ebay for $50. I just can't spend more than that on hair rollers. It ain't neva THAT cute. I'd rather go to the salon 10 times and have my hair set that way before spending $300.

It does not have to cost $300 to have curlformers. You can still have your curlformers and spend way less than that. Just stick with what is in the kit until you can afford to buy all of the various sizes.

It does not have to cost $300 to have curlformers. You can still have your curlformers and spend way less than that. Just stick with what is in the kit until you can afford to buy all of the various sizes.
This is very true. I paid about $75 for what I needed to do my whole head.

I originally bought the kit and just opened one of the packages slightly to get one curlformer out to try it. It was too short so I just put it back in, sealed it up, took it back and got my money back.

I got the individual packages instead. Much better for me!:yep:

I voted in your poll that I regret purchasing them. Not so much because of the cost, but because I don't like loose curls! I tried Curlformers yesterday and returned them the same day because of the fact that they looked like something I could do with a curling iron. Why go through all the hassle of putting them in, drying, taking them out, and then sleeping on them only for them to need to be redone again? ...:wallbash: ... no more bandwagons for me!

I exchanged them for the Generic CHI at Sally's.

ETA: The sales associate at Sally's told me to just open one package of the short and one package of the long to see how they work. I did that and put about 6 of them in. Once they dried I hated the curls. I returned them to the store with the package opened, however, all they would need to do is staple it again.

Last edited:
i voted no but want them- I GOT THEM *doing the jive* :band: so will test them when I collect from my other sis in the morning

So I returned them... all $300 worth.
I think I was just overly excited, they work
but I rarely rollerset because I do daily co-washes.
It just wasn't practical for me and to be honest...
you have to be very patient...
or else you will end up pulling all your hair out...
I thought this would make me want to rollerset more...
that lasted for a good week...
I'm back to my stricter regimen.

I'm on the fence. They came out beautifully, but a handful of hair came out along with them. I'm thinking maybe I'm putting them to close to the scalp because its not breakage, but I'm losing hair at the root. I love the style but unless I can figure out how to perserve my hair, I'm gonna have to quit these.

Attention all potential buyers. These rollers do not cost $300.00. The OP even stated she got excited about them and more than necessary.

I just thought I would clarify that again. Carry on.

No buyers remorse at all. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Curlformers!! I had purchased the biggest/widest ones because I don't like my hair too curly. Well, I took those back yesterday and exchanged them for the orange and pink, long and narrow ones. I just love how they look and people keep asking me who does my hair. I proudly proclaim that I DO IT MYSELF!!!!

Sadly I can't get my camera to work, but my spirals came out beautifully and I've gotten compliments all around. It took me about 35 minutes to set my hair; I used about 32 Curlformers in all. That's amazing. It takes me an hour to do a traditional roller set with magnetic rollers! It also took me about an hour for my hair to dry under the dryer. It takes me nearly TWO hours to dry with traditional magnetic rollers!!! Additionally, I lost no more than 15 strands of hair, and I don't comb my hair everyday. Well, when I roller set with traditional rollers, I lose a lot more hair.

My routine is to do my regular pre-poo, wash, deep condition on Sunday evenings, set with Curlformers. I wear my Curlfomer spirals Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Then on Wednesday, I condition wash and airdry, wearing my hair in a protective bun or Frech roll style. On Friday, I condition wash again, airdry and protective style. Then, on Sunday it's back to my regular cycle. This routine allows me to enjoy my hair and do different styles rather than wearing my hair in a tired ole bun all the time.

So I'm really loving my Curlformers.

I will redo them, this time on Saturday night for Easter. Boy, I save so much money by not having to go to the hairstylist.

If I can get my camera to work, I will post pics.:yep:

I had the long and narrow (blue and green). I took them back. I am thinking about getting the extra long and wide or the extra wide and long but haven't done it quite yet. I think I may wait a little longer. My flexi rod set looks just as good and that will hold me for now.

Back