CURLFORMERS REMORSE

Are you suffering from Curlformers remorse.

• No, I am still happy I bought them.

Votes: 55 20.4%
  • Yes, I regret it. I plan to sell/return them or I've returned/sold them already

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I don't have them yet, but I want them

Votes: 107 39.8%
  • I don't want them because they cost too much

Votes: 87 32.3%

• Total voters
Yeah that's not a good look.

Something else... I wanted to love them sooo much that
I really was ignoring the fact that it was pulling my hair out...
while I was packing the rollers to bring them back I noticed a lot of them
had like 1-2 strand of my hair in them :nono2:
I think curlformers was a genius idea but it may need a little tweaking.
I think Magnetic Rollers are far less risky if you haven't bought curlformers
yet... just think twice...
That's what I'm afraid of if I use them with wet hair... I didn't notice any hairs when I used them on my dry hair and my hair slipped through the tube VERY easily.

I don't think they can for sanitary reasons. That's why BSS's don't take stuff back.
I would think so, but you never know. If all you have to do it staple the pack back up and if it doesn't LOOK used, who's to say... I just hope the send it back to the company as damaged goods or put them on clearance.

I too bought the starter kit and I am very happy with my results. You see I have very thin hair and the extra curliness gives me a bit more volumn. I got a lot of compliments. I have only used them twice and the first time I kept getting stuck and having to back my hair out and try again. The second time I only got stuck once. You do have to be very careful not to pull your hair but I think the tension that you put on your hair when you bring them through the cones "correctly" is no greater than the tension used to roller set. I just hated sleeping in them...I did feel some tugging when I was trying to get my pillow right. But now that I have my new Pibbs Baby my hair can get completely dry before I go to bed. I vote that they are a Keeper.

I hope I don't feel remorse. I need a way to cut back on the heat. I am going to pick up the salon kit today. I found a place that has them about 25 min from the office and I am not playing anyway.

I have my 15% off coupon in hand NOW!

i've been thinking about using this on dry hair! are the results just as good??
I think so. The only difference is that when you do it on dry hair, the curls don't last like they do from a wetset, but they are just as pretty:yep: Here's two pics of my dryset (from my fotki). The curls come out so shiny, soft, and bouncy:drunk:
DSC00786-vi.jpg

DSC00780-vi.jpg

I think so. The only difference is that when you do it on dry hair, the curls don't last like they do from a wetset, but they are just as pretty:yep: Here's two pics of my dryset (from my fotki). The curls come out so shiny, soft, and bouncy:drunk:
DSC00786-vi.jpg

DSC00780-vi.jpg

WOW!!! :yawn: Love it HAIRapy!!! Those results are just as amazing and you're right the shine is beautiful! Thanks for the gorgeous pics!

WOW!!! :yawn: Love it HAIRapy!!! Those results are just as amazing and you're right the shine is beautiful! Thanks for the gorgeous pics!

Co-signing! :yep: Your hair looks great, HAIRapy. Did you use any kind of setting lotion on your dry hair?

DSC00786-vi.jpg

DSC00780-vi.jpg
This is the prettiest set I have seen yet!!! GORGEOUS and SHINY too!!!

Co-signing! :yep: Your hair looks great, HAIRapy. Did you use any kind of setting lotion on your dry hair?
Thanks! No, I didn't use anything for holding curls and that's most likely the reason why my curls didn't stay. I washed, DCed, blowdried my hair, then applied alittle ORS Olive oil (in the jar), and then put the curlformers in and went to bed in them. I took them out in the morning and this was the result:yep:

Curlformers on dry hair is the business.. :yep: I haven't taken pics yet, but I do them on air dried, moisturized hair and have nice results. I let them set overnight and in the morning I pull em out and keep it movin! :D

The Sally's in my area will take stuff back within 30 days with receipt if you are not satisfied. The only thing they will not take back is hair (extensions) and earrings. I don't think that are allowed to sell the used returned products, they have to send them back to the distribution center and the store writes it off as a loss.

I don't think they can for sanitary reasons. That's why BSS's don't take stuff back.

Okay, I don't think I would be able to get my hair straight by using them on dry hair. I'm talking, straight hair, no direct heat and minimal time.

I don't think airdrying for hours first, then curlformer setting and THEN leaving them in for more hours would get my hair straight and still leave me time to have a life. :lol: I could not sleep in those things either. I would not even go there. I like my pillow to feel like a billowy cloud when I get in bed. :lol: Curlformers overnight WOULD NOT work for me!

Oh well, I am going to try them on wet hair this weekend.

Okay, I don't think I would be able to get my hair straight by using them on dry hair. I'm talking, straight hair, no direct heat and minimal time.

I don't think airdrying for hours first, then curlformer setting and THEN leaving them in for more hours would get my hair straight and still leave me time to have a life. :lol: I could not sleep in those things either. I would not even go there. I like my pillow to feel like a billowy cloud when I get in bed. :lol: Curlformers overnight WOULD NOT work for me!

Oh well, I am going to try them on wet hair this weekend.
Please post some pics after you do!!!

I am learning how to calm down when I hear or see something new and it seems to work for everyone and I did the same with these curlformers. I ran out and bought the hotdog rollers last year that are STILL IN THEIR ORIGINAL packs. I plan on using them today though, finally. Since I still had these in the original packs and haven't been using them, I decided against purchasing the curl formers.

Don't feel bad. Many of us here have spent WAYYY more money on growth potions, concoctions, hair appliances, etc. Just that it didn't seem like a lot of money b/c it wasn't probably spent all at once, ya know?

Last edited:
I am learning how to calm down when I hear or see something new and it seems to work for everyone and I did the same with these curlformers. I ran out and bought the hotdog rollers last year that are STILL IN THEIR ORIGINAL packs. I plan on using them today though, finally. Since I still had these in the original packs and haven't been using them, I decided against purchasing the curl formers.

Don't feel bad. Many of us here have spent WAYYY more money on growth potions, concoctions, hair appliances, etc. Just that it didn't seem like a lot of money b/c it wasn't probably spent all at once, ya know?
What is a hotdog roller?

Ditto HOTDOG ROLLER = FLEXI ROD Also called Super Rollers...

SUPER ROLLERS AKA FLEXI RODS AKA HOT DOG ROLLERS

6iqzv5.png

They are $5.49-$6.99/pack

I own the red ones and the purple ones... I haven't used the red ones in
forever... I may need to revisit that one day.

I just bought these same exact ones! Here is how they came out
DSC04040.jpg

DSC04044.jpg

I didn't use any setting lotion so they were destroyed the next morning. I am trying them again this weekend with setting lotion and maybe sleeping in them

How do you get them to stay on your hair? I hope that's not a dumb question. It looks like you roll your hair and they just stay there.:look:

I like the results though, very pretty:yep:

I regret getting Curlformers :wallbash: . I bought them today wanting to do a different style for an event this evening. My first disappointment was the struggle it was for me to get my soaking wet curly hair in them. I used a setting lotion and made sure my hair was wet so it could slide in easily, most of my hair just bunched up inside the roller. I bought the long & wide, and the long & narrow ones. The long & thin ones are definitely not for natural hair. Another thing, I could barely get the hook though the long & narrow one, it's like the hook is too big for the narrow rollers so that was a struggle, I thought I was doing something wrong, but to use them, I had to use very little hair. Anyway, I sat under my soft bonnet dryer (which is great by the way) for 1 1/2 hrs. My hair was dry, but when I took the curlers out, they were a frizzy mess, some of my hair did not slide completely down the roller and got kinda bunched up in the roller, not one came out the way that I thought it would. And my hair looked extremely dry. I could have cried, I wasted so much time with my hair this morning and afternoon. I guess I had high hopes for them, I really wanted them to work. I am taking them back, I can't even see trying them again, because the whole experience was just frustrating. I have flexirods and I thought these would be better, but they were not. I'm happy for the ladies that have had great experiences with them.

Has anyone with extremely curly hair had any success with these, I could see the ends of my hair in the roller and it was still curly inside the roller, it never straightened out :perplexed.

That was my experience with the long and narrow ones. I'm debating on whether to take them back. I know I can't take one pack back, though, because I sliced one of them to get my hair out and threw it in the trash.

I've been contemplating getting them but I thought I'd use them a few times then go back to my rollers. I also thought themy looked kinda complicated :perplexed. I won't get them now. Thanks for the heads up. You can always sell them to other member sin the exchange forum if you aren't happy. :look:

That was my experience with the long and narrow ones. I'm debating on whether to take them back. I know I can't take one pack back, though, because I sliced one of them to get my hair out and threw it in the trash.

I took mine back today, and got a full refund, I kept all my packaging though and restapled it back together. I kept my Long & Wide, they were easier to use, and I use them along with my flexirods and see how that turn out.

Back