CURLFORMERS REMORSE

Are you suffering from Curlformers remorse.

• No, I am still happy I bought them.

Votes: 55 20.4%
  • Yes, I regret it. I plan to sell/return them or I've returned/sold them already

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I don't have them yet, but I want them

Votes: 107 39.8%
  • I don't want them because they cost too much

Votes: 87 32.3%

• Total voters
I loved them and didn't have any complaints.... but i've only used them twice:perplexed

I think I will enjoy them (and use them) more when my hair is past shoulder length

I still have mine and I'm keeping them. I won't be using them again until fall though. I'm not doing all that work to have the curls fall in an hour in the summer heat.

As much as I wanted them, I have not purchased any. I decided that if I got anything, I would get flexirods because I will be able to use as my hair gets longer. Also they cost way less than curlformers and I really can't afford them right now. :perplexed

I have a tad bit of remorse because I've only used them once. I was hoping for a nice curl but I think it made me look much younger.

But I only got two of the wide and longs and that stick thing so all in all under 30 dollars. I'm good!

To be honest I think the stick thingy was quite cheap, or maybe my sister's hair was too think, who knows! All I know was that it snapped in half after 4 curls.

Personally, I think rollers or a curling iron can make better (and reliable) curls.

I still have mine and I'm keeping them. I won't be using them again until fall though. I'm not doing all that work to have the curls fall in an hour in the summer heat.

I agree as well. I liked them (Although I wish the style would have lasted a little longer). They looked really good. I will use them more when the weather cools.

When I first saw Curlformers I thought it looked alot like the hairstyle my mom used to do on me when I was 7 (no offense to anybody). I'll pass! But I wouldn't mind putting these on my daughter.

I love my curlformers...no remorse here...i bought the kit and it was only $60...but im someone that loves my hair curly and this is the only way for me to get the results I used to get using a curling iron and tonnnnnssssss of hair spray...lol! It was worth the investment and I plan on buying the extra wide ones in a few weeks!!! Great buy ladies!!!

I bought mine today and they are in my head right now. I gasped when I saw the OP spent $300!! I only spent $27. I plan on sleeping in them if I can stand it. I really hope this works.

Re: CURLFORMERS Results

Well, the curlformers were pulling too tight on my scalp to sleep in. So I took them out. My hair was still a little damp in one section. I didn't expect much because this was just a test run. The sections I used were crazy big. I think it came out OK for my first time. But judge for yourselves. I've seem some posts with really big pics in them....I don't know how to do that. Sorry.

Attachments

• Left.jpg
    Left.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 46
  • right.jpg
    right.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 52

I bought mine today and they are in my head right now. I gasped when I saw the OP spent $300!! I only spent $27. I plan on sleeping in them if I can stand it. I really hope this works.

Well, the curlformers were pulling too tight on my scalp to sleep in. So I took them out. My hair was still a little damp in one section. I didn't expect much because this was just a test run. The sections I used were crazy big. I think it came out OK for my first time. But judge for yourselves. I've seem some posts with really big pics in them....I don't know how to do that. Sorry.

Thanks for posting, that looks great for a trial run! Where did you get your set for $27.00 ?? :shocked:

I thought I was going to have to take out a loan to get those thing! :lol:

Where did you get your set for $27.00 ?? :shocked:

Thanks! At Sallys the stick thing was $4, a pack of 10 short curlers was $11, and a pack of 8 long ones cost $12. It actually cost me less than that because I had my Sally's card discount. I think I'll get another pack of long @ $12. That will bring total cost up to $39 which is still cheaper than buying the "kit" which cost $60. I'm neck length so I don't need a whole lot of curlers. I am definitely using these again.

I purchased mine from Sally's too and spent around $40. :look: I voted still happy I bought them. I bought the hook, 1 pack of orange and a couple of packs of long pink ones. At the time I bought them, I wanted more definition in the back of my head than I felt like I was getting from twist outs in that section. Since being on LHCF I need to buy more (hair has def grown and is much thicker:grin:). DDs have used them also. We like them.

They ripped my hair out. I didn't take them back but I won't be using them again either.

The 1st time I used them I had a similar experience. Turns out I just didn't know what I was doing or how to use them. I tried again and really really like them. They key (for me anyway) is small sections and to slide down rather than out.

YMMV

Anybody having buyer's remorse after purchasing Curlformers?

I am... think they are great but I could really do without them.
I'm not supposed to be rollerseting anyway.
What was I thinking?
I am seriously contemplating returning them.
You know I spent about $300... at least I can return the skinny ones
and keep the extra wide ones. Maybe I dunno.
I'm tight with my $.

Plus if you aren't really careful you could loose a lot of hair from all the pulling.

I think the price has come down significantly in the last year. As for people who say that it pulls their hair, I was watching Youtube the other day and saw someone do a tutorial on it. She shows why people get their hair snagged in the curlformers and how she does it so that it doesn't snag. Now she can do it without even looking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDt-pGfsUAo&feature=related

I don't have them yet but after seeing the tutorial I might roll out and get them from Sally's. Worse comes to worse, I'll just return them.

I bought the box for 61 bux
My man was like "you spent 60 bux on something you can do with regular rollers"
My hair was sticking out of the ends of them.
and the rod thingy broke 40% into my doing my hair
Got my money back promptly

Back