CURLFORMERS REMORSE

Are you suffering from Curlformers remorse.

• No, I am still happy I bought them.

Votes: 55 20.4%
  • Yes, I regret it. I plan to sell/return them or I've returned/sold them already

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I don't have them yet, but I want them

Votes: 107 39.8%
  • I don't want them because they cost too much

Votes: 87 32.3%

• Total voters
They look cute but they cost too much.

If you had 300 dollars to give out like that, you could have donated that money to me. It would have been put into good use, no remorse attached.

I brought the starter kit ( if thats what u want 2 call it) it was 63.00. I have only used them once. it will proably be a while before I use them. but them on others hair that i do i think they will pay off. I think your set looks great by the way.

If any of you are wanting to sell yours let me know and the price..I would love to try them on my full lace wig that I have....:yep:

SouthernTease I can not believe what I am reading. :ohwell: You have such beautiful results from the Curlformers. But I understand how you feel about the money spent.:yep: If you can't return them don't forget about Ebay or LHCF ladies that can't buy them in their neck of the woods. You can get your money back quick!!!

I voted I am happy I bought them. I currently own 2 packs of the Long & Wide and need to buy 2 more in order to do my whole head at once. I just used mine last night. I could not wait. (I had to do the front of my head, then the back later last night) My DH and I loves my new style today and all the curls. (need to post pics...next time) I will never give them up. :grin: Can't wait to get 2 more packs (My sallys is sold out at the moment).

Here is all the different types, amount per pack, and cost per pack (if you do not have a Sally's discount card):

sallys card price (left)
Short & Narrow (10 Curlformers per pack) $10.99 $9.99
Short & Wide (10 Curlformers per pack) $10.99 $9.99
Long & Wide (8 Curlformers per pack) $ 10.99 $9.99
Lang & Narrow (8 Curlformers per pack) $10.99 $9.99
Extra Long & Wide (6 Curlformers per pack) $12.99 $11.99
Extra Wide & Long (4 curlformers per pack) $12.99 $11.99
Crochet Hook $3.99
ITA!! I LOVE THEM!! and I bought 4 or 5 packs of the long and wide and 2 packs of the long and narrow (I need go back today and get 2 more packs of the long and narrow) I paid 9.99 for each pack with my discount card and I bought 2 hooks incase I broke one (like a lady did on here, so it was a precaution- I didn't break the first one, so I have an extra hook.) They are so easy to use and I love them!! I won't give them up either!:yep:

I voted in your poll that I regret purchasing them. Not so much because of the cost, but because I don't like loose curls! I tried Curlformers yesterday and returned them the same day because of the fact that they looked like something I could do with a curling iron. Why go through all the hassle of putting them in, drying, taking them out, and then sleeping on them only for them to need to be redone again? ...:wallbash: ... no more bandwagons for me!

I exchanged them for the Generic CHI at Sally's.

ETA: The sales associate at Sally's told me to just open one package of the short and one package of the long to see how they work. I did that and put about 6 of them in. Once they dried I hated the curls. I returned them to the store with the package opened, however, all they would need to do is staple it again.
:perplexedEWWWWW.... I HOPE TO GOD that Sally's is not selling USED curlformers!!:nono:

:perplexedEWWWWW.... I HOPE TO GOD that Sally's is not selling USED curlformers!!:nono:

Yeah that's not a good look.

Something else... I wanted to love them sooo much that
I really was ignoring the fact that it was pulling my hair out...
while I was packing the rollers to bring them back I noticed a lot of them
had like 1-2 strand of my hair in them :nono2:
I think curlformers was a genius idea but it may need a little tweaking.
I think Magnetic Rollers are far less risky if you haven't bought curlformers
yet... just think twice...

Wow..I didn't know you could return stuff at Sally's. I bought some caruso curlers last week, but they didn't work on my hair. I guess I 'll make an attempt at returning and getting a refund:look:

FYI, Sally's allows a 90 day refund period...at least that's what it says on the receipt. And that's including electronics.

I didn't buy the curlformers, and now I'm getting over the urge. I just need to look at this thread everytime I start feenin'.

Maybe I am confused, but I don't know why people are buying so MANY packs. I bought four, and I don't use all of them --somewhere between two and three packs. These do NOT pull my hair out, and they shouldn't at all if you are doing it right. With practice, I've timed myself down to twenty minutes. I don't even need a mirror anymore--I just plop down in front of the t.v with my baby ( who watches me like I'm space alien:lachen:) and do them. Nowadays, it's part of my relaxtion time. I keep them in for 3-4 hours and remove them before bed, and style by hand in the morning. Very easy!

But maybe others are wanting to achieve something different with their sets. I am not sure. If you use more than four packs, please explain why. Maybe I am missing something. Thank in advance!

Maybe I am confused, but I don't know why people are buying so MANY packs. I bought four, and I don't use all of them --somewhere between two and three packs. These do NOT pull my hair out, and they shouldn't at all if you are doing it right. With practice, I've timed myself down to twenty minutes. I don't even need a mirror anymore--I just plop down in front of the t.v with my baby ( who watches me like I'm space alien:lachen:) and do them. Nowadays, it's part of my relaxtion time. I keep them in for 3-4 hours and remove them before bed, and style by hand in the morning. Very easy!

But maybe others are wanting to achieve something different with their sets. I am not sure. If you use more than four packs, please explain why. Maybe I am missing something. Thank in advance!

I use more than 4 packs, because I make small parts. For me, the smaller the part, the better looking the curl, the longer they last, and the easier it is to put in. I also use different sizes cause my hair is noticibly different lengths. I went into the store knowing I needed a lot of packs, plus all my friend want to use them and I needed some packs for them too. Oh, and with all my packs, twice I used every single curlformer! So, I didn't go too overboard with the packs either.

I use more than 4 packs, because I make small parts. For me, the smaller the part, the better looking the curl, the longer they last, and the easier it is to put in. I also use different sizes cause my hair is noticibly different lengths. I went into the store knowing I needed a lot of packs, plus all my friend want to use them and I needed some packs for them too. Oh, and with all my packs, twice I used every single curlformer! So, I didn't go too overboard with the packs either.

Thank you Noemi! I too have noticeably different lengths. Now when you say the better looking the curl, do you mean it's ultra curly or just more defined? The first time I did mine, I used all four packs, and thought I could have used one more pack. The results were very Shirley Temple--cute, but my hubby and I preferred the next time I did them with fewer because the curls were semi-loose and natural looking. I think based on what you said that I can use more of them when I want even more volume and curls, and fewer when I want looser spirals. Just more hairstyles to choose from. Thanks for the suggestion!:yep:

Reyna21,
I know how you feel. I only have two packs right now of the Long & Wide and waiting to buy just two more. My Sallys is out of stock at the moment. Anywho I had to be patient but did my whole head w/ just two packs. (I have medium thick relaxed hair.) First I did the front and then the back. It took a while but I was patient and had nothing better to do. It looked so pretty and nice. So right now I am patiently waiting for next Tuesdays shipment so I can do my whole head at once. Can't wait!

btw: I think it so cute when babies stare at people like a space alien. With curlformers you can kill two birds with one stone...you can entertain a cute baby and style your hair at the same time. LOL!!!

Reyna21,
I know how you feel. I only have two packs right now of the Long & Wide and waiting to buy just two more. My Sallys is out of stock at the moment. Anywho I had to be patient but did my whole head w/ just two packs. (I have medium thick relaxed hair.) First I did the front and then the back. It took a while but I was patient and had nothing better to do. It looked so pretty and nice. So right now I am patiently waiting for next Tuesdays shipment so I can do my whole head at once. Can't wait!

btw: I think it so cute when babies stare at people like a space alien. With curlformers you can kill two birds with one stone...you can entertain a cute baby and style your hair at the same time. LOL!!!
:lachen:So true!!

I hope you get your other two packs soon! I am loving mine!:grin:

The results that I've seen are so beautiful, but I just don't have a desire for them. The price really doesn't matter to me; it's just that I can get similar results with magnetic rollers doing a spiral set...without all the hair pulling.
Likewise...:/ I'm glad others got great results, but I've had the same with my little tiny rollers!
~*Janelle~*

I voted that I am happy I bought them. I used them on my 13 y.o. daughter. They were easy to use once I got the hang of it. I only had a problem when I tried to put too much hair, then it was hard to pull the rod through so I stopped pulling and made the part smaller. We loved the curls. They were loose, but that's how we like them; hanging and not tight to the head like I get with flexirods, and I have a hard time bending and manipulating those flexirods. The curls lasted 5 days down and the sixth day they looked a little fuzzy so she pulled the front back and it will last until the seventh day (wash day). I paid $54.99 for the "salon kit"(with Sally card), which came with 46 curlers, and one hook, and bought 2 more packs, so that's approx. $80.

I would buy them even if they are pricey. I can see why those that have other options would pass.

I cannot rollerset my hair AT ALL and these rollers look like it would give me a chance to lay off direct heat for styling.

I'm still LOVING my curlformers:grin::grin: I did a set the other day dc overnight w/ humecto, co-washing with HE LTR and setting only with HE LTR leave in, then finally airdrying (I was over a friends house). My hair came out so LUSH and moisturized I couldn't keep my hands out of it:lick: I have the CF in my hair as we speak! (how did I ever live without these things?)

I regret getting Curlformers :wallbash: . I bought them today wanting to do a different style for an event this evening. My first disappointment was the struggle it was for me to get my soaking wet curly hair in them. I used a setting lotion and made sure my hair was wet so it could slide in easily, most of my hair just bunched up inside the roller. I bought the long & wide, and the long & narrow ones. The long & thin ones are definitely not for natural hair. Another thing, I could barely get the hook though the long & narrow one, it's like the hook is too big for the narrow rollers so that was a struggle, I thought I was doing something wrong, but to use them, I had to use very little hair. Anyway, I sat under my soft bonnet dryer (which is great by the way) for 1 1/2 hrs. My hair was dry, but when I took the curlers out, they were a frizzy mess, some of my hair did not slide completely down the roller and got kinda bunched up in the roller, not one came out the way that I thought it would. And my hair looked extremely dry. I could have cried, I wasted so much time with my hair this morning and afternoon. I guess I had high hopes for them, I really wanted them to work. I am taking them back, I can't even see trying them again, because the whole experience was just frustrating. I have flexirods and I thought these would be better, but they were not. I'm happy for the ladies that have had great experiences with them.

Has anyone with extremely curly hair had any success with these, I could see the ends of my hair in the roller and it was still curly inside the roller, it never straightened out :perplexed.

Suprisingly, this is not a purchase I regret. The starter pack was just enough rollers for me and I really love the style. My only problem is I dont know how to maintain the curls in between sets. It does come out really pretty...its going to be my new standby style when I have somewhere nice to go. The girl at the makeup counter today asked me who did my hair and I got to say ME! :) Thats the first time anyone ever asked me that (Im style challenged and the best I can usually do is a braidout with Celie plaits lol).

Suprisingly, this is not a purchase I regret. The starter pack was just enough rollers for me and I really love the style. My only problem is I dont know how to maintain the curls in between sets. It does come out really pretty...its going to be my new standby style when I have somewhere nice to go. The girl at the makeup counter today asked me who did my hair and I got to say ME! :) Thats the first time anyone ever asked me that (Im style challenged and the best I can usually do is a braidout with Celie plaits lol).

This is what I want to know too. How do you ladies maintain the curls? I know they won't look as fresh as the first day but how do you keep them from looking smooshed up?

I haven't figured that part out yet, here is my curlformer set 2 days later. All I did was put on a sacrf and went to bed:
IMG00204.jpg

when i did my flexi sets which are pretty similar I just "pushed" my curls back up in the original curl pattern and put moisturizer and pinned in place with bobby pins, I was able to have my sets last for at least 3-4 days

Back