COWASH CHALLENGE THREAD Part 4 (October 1-December 31, 2012)- FINAL PART FOR 2012!!

Getting ready to leave work finally lol. Will co wash tonite and follow with a DC for about thirty min under my hooded dryer. I may DC on dry hair first then proceed to co wash afterwards, let air dry using the scarf method, then moisturize and seal. Anyone else DC on dry hair???

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Re: COWASH CHALLENGE THREAD Part 4 (October 1-December 31, 2012)- FINAL PART FOR 2012

used loreal evercreme conditioning cleanser just now.

today wasnt an actual "wash" day, but i made it into one because im impatient and couldnt wait until tomorrow to try it.

Re: COWASH CHALLENGE THREAD Part 4 (October 1-December 31, 2012)- FINAL PART FOR 2012

Cowashed with TJ's Nourishspa tonight then put my hair in four braids to air dry. At $3 bucks a bottle, it works so well!

Last night I used L'Oreal EveryCreme Cleansing Conditioner and did a mini DC.

beans4reezy said:
Daily cowashers: How are you dealing with tangles? I cowashed 3x last week and my detangling session for my wash was a nightmare...any pointers?

I actually have less tangles when I cowash daily.

I actually have less tangles when I cowash daily.

Yeah, I am going to actually try combing the conditioner through my hair during the cowashes and braiding my hair up afterwards instead of just putting it in a bun.

Co-washed with V05 freesia after an overnight oil soak. Then I applied SM DC and have had it sitting on my head for about 1.5-2 hours now. I also spritzed my hair with coffee about half an hour ago and put my baggy back on to process the DC and coffee. Will rinse soon!

Cowashed with TH Nourishpa after my workout today.

Daily cowashers: How are you dealing with tangles? I cowashed 3x last week and my detangling session for my wash was a nightmare...any pointers?

My hair is in braids (so I don't experience tangles right now) but when I would have my hair out, I would smooth the conditioner down the length of my hair, and make sure I rinsed out under running water to decrease tangling. The plan you have to place your hair in braids after cowashing sounds like a good plan too! :yep:

Getting ready to leave work finally lol. Will co wash tonite and follow with a DC for about thirty min under my hooded dryer. I may DC on dry hair first then proceed to co wash afterwards, let air dry using the scarf method, then moisturize and seal. Anyone else DC on dry hair???

I love, love, love DCing on dry hair. I found that I am more efficient with getting the conditioner in all the right spots when my hair is dry. I get less tangles at the end too, I typically use this approach when DCing. :yep:

Checking In:

... Cowashed with Everyday Shea this morning, sealed with Vaseline, and my hair is poppin! I am becoming a fan of daily cowashing for sure. It is especially easy for me since I have my hair in mini braids; hopefully I can keep this up for the rest of this challenge ...

Just cowashed with Kanechom ceramides cond.

Cowashed with AORM :lick: also, tea, oil and aloe rinsed.

Co-washed with Vo5 Kiwi Lime and it actually did feel cleansing, not as much as the As I Am Coconut Co-Wash (which I found a little too cleansing for everyday).

I then conditioned with a V05 Moisture Milk mixed with GVP Conditioning Balm - my hair feels awesome!

Cowashed this morning with CJ's Beauticurls.

Just cowashed with L'Oreal's Natures Therapy Mega Strength Fortifying conditioner.

gonna condition wash tonight. think i'll just use plain ol vo5 kiwi & lime clarifying conditioner.

I did a short DC with Salon Care Professionals Cholesterol Creme Conditioner, and then cowashed yesterday with Suave Naturals Waterfall Mist. Sealed with castor oil and Africa's Best Organics Olive Oil Cream [LOC].

Last edited:

How often are you ladies co washing?? How often do you use a shampoo to remove buildup?

I am cowashing three times a week. On the fourth day, I use a mild shampoo with no sulfates to clarify.

SincerelyBeautiful said:
How often are you ladies co washing?? How often do you use a shampoo to remove buildup?

I co-wash 3x during the week and use a conditioning cleanser 1x a week. I plam to rarely clarify.

SincerelyBeautiful said:
Do you DC after any of your cowashes?

I DC 1x a week for 5-10 mins after using the cleansing conditioner. This keeps my hair in balance without tipping over into the too much moisture side.

okay yall my condition washing has definitely not been on the schedule i intended haha. ive been doing it more often than just twice a week. so, how about we just say i will condition wash when i feel like it? never know what a week will bring lol

i think my hair is in need of a cleansing...might have to break out one of my shampoo bars. looks like my hair starts to need cleansing around 1.5 weeks...was hoping i'd be able to go longer. i usually never went more than a week without a cleansing...thought i'd try it anyway haha.

I would like to join this challenge.

ANSWER THE FOLLOWING:
How many times per week will you cowash? 1 to 2 times per week
What conditioners are you planning to use? Conditioning cleaners like As I Am
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? Stronger, healthy, longer
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? 1 x per week

Here is my starting picture. Sorry for the bad picture I am working on it.

Attachments

• IMG_0702.jpg
    IMG_0702.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 6

hm actually...now that i have taken my braids out, my hair doesnt feel as "bad" as i thought it did. methinks i'll hold off on the shampoo bar.

just gonna do a condition wash tonight. i did say i'd use the vo5 kiwi lime, buuuut i did get some vo5 shea cashmere...sooo i think immagonna use that one.

Cowashed this morning with a mix of Jane Carter and V05 Moisture Milks.

Cowashed last night with the last of my DevaCare One. Moving on to the Deva Curl One. Have 1/2 a bottle.

I cowashed my loose hair today with Suave Daily Clarifying, and followed up with a mix of HE Long Term Relationship and VO5 Moisture Milks Passion Fruit Smoothie conditioners.

Back