COWASH CHALLENGE THREAD Part 4 (October 1-December 31, 2012)- FINAL PART FOR 2012!!

Re: COWASH CHALLENGE THREAD Part 4 (October 1-December 31, 2012)- FINAL PART FOR 2012

Cowashed last night with Jane Carter conditioner.

Re: COWASH CHALLENGE THREAD Part 4 (October 1-December 31, 2012)- FINAL PART FOR 2012

I'm still in!

How many times per week will you cowash?
At least 2x per week

What conditioners are you planning to use?
Anything that happens to be in the house...:lol:

What do you hope to achieve by cowashing?
More moisturized hair. Fewer splits. Less breakage

How often (if ever) will you use shampoo?
Once every week or every 2 weeks depending on how my hair feels

:yay:

How many times per week will you cowash? I'm actually aiming for 4-5x a week
What conditioners are you planning to use? TJ's Nourish Spa, LO'real Nature's Therapy Fortifying Conditioner, various V05 Moisture Milks Conditioners
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? I am trying to get over this APL slump. I am hoping that my rentention gets better with the increased moisture.
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? Probably once a week, just to calarify.

Here is my starting pic:
picture.php

CoCleansed tonight with: Hydroquench Systems Cleansing Conditioner in Strawberry Lime

Did a quick Nutrine Garlic Conditioner wash.

I'm in. Cowashing, airdrying, and bunning definitely helped me get some wonderful growth during my last stretch. :yep:

Same here! Stretching for the long haul. Need my co-washing in the regimen.

I will co-wash twice a week with Wen or HH LTR. Air drying and bunning my way to BSL! Gotta close out this last quarter strong.

first one of the challenge!

i just thoroughly rinsed my hair with water
and then added conditioner as a leave-in

(no conditioner was rinsed out of my hair)

used shea moisture raw shea butter conditioner (which can be used as both a leave-in and a rinse out. i prefer it as a leave-in)

this weekend will be my condition wash - will use conditioner as if it were shampoo to scrub scalp and cleanse hair, followed by a dc and all that other big hair day stuff.

Not sure why I ever stopped cowashing before. At the end of the day today, my hair is well moisturized and looking great after taking down my bun. Will be cowashing in the morning.

Cowashed last night with AORM - man I love that conditioner:love:

Cowashed last night with Kanechom Ceramides cond. Moisturized and sealed with JBCO. 3 Challengers in one!

Just cowashed with V05 Herbal Escapes Sun Kissed Raspberry. Not too impressed with it; I will use up the bottle and head down to Trade Joe's for another bottle of Nourish Spa.

Cowashed tonight with Deva Care One. I am down to my last use which will happen next week. Then I will switch over to the Deva Curl One to use it up.

kinda been wanting to pick up some of that vo5 shea cashmere conditioner...hmmmm

kinda been wanting to pick up some of that vo5 shea cashmere conditioner...hmmmm

i bought like 5 bottles last week at cvs when it was 77 cents...i love the way it smells :lick:...i used it to refresh my curls one day, and it worked pretty well even though my hair already had product in it, but i havent cowashed or detangled with it...it says its moisturizing, but it does have keratin in it, so it can be considered protein too.

i wanna join! i really havent cowashed lately, just washing with shampoo and conditioning after...but i cowashed tonight and my hair felt amazing, so i wanna get back in the swing of things.

How many times per week will you cowash?

1-2
What conditioners are you planning to use?

vo5 shea cashmere, suave green apple (until this bottle is done), HE Long Term Relationship/Honey Im Strong, Tresemme Naturals

What do you hope to achieve by cowashing?
more moisture/length retention, less breakage, less frizz

How often (if ever) will you use shampoo?

most likely once every 7-10 days

starting pic : siggy, & attached pic

Attachments

• 20121004_131230_edit0.jpg
    20121004_131230_edit0.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Cowashed with Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle and left KKKT in yesterday.

This morning, I will be cowashing with Paul Mitchelle The Conditioner and leaving in Paul Mitchell The Detangler.

Cowashed last night with Jane Carter. My hair is in love!

I co-washed yesterday with As I Am Coconut Cleansing cowash and topped it off with TJ Nourish Spa as my leave in.

DP

Last edited:

Co-washed with CJ Smoothing Conditioner

Last night I cowashed with Whole Foods 365 Conditioner - Lavender. Very light protein and DCed after that.

Cowashed today with Mane 'N Tail conditioner.

condition washed tonight even though it wasnt on the schedule until tomorrow or saturday.

i used my crazy condition wash mix which includes:

tresemme naturals nourishing moisture
tresemme naturals vibrantly smooth
vo5 kiwi & lime squeeze clarifying conditioner
shea moisture raw shea butter restorative conditioner
water to thin it out a bit

used loreal eversleek reparative smoothing conditioner as a leave-in.

those of you who have condition washed consistently...has it helped to reduce the frequency of your dc's? or do you still dc as often as you used to?

Just cowashed with AORM....

Back