Could we have an updated-4a/b roll call? Apologies...

@KathyMay - congratulations on your progress towards shoulder length!

@BHB - umm...hopefully someone will check in with an answer to that question. lol..I ain't the one to answer it.

4a/b/nappy & crunchy checking in!

i'm trying to figure out (again) what works for me, but this is what i normally use;

shampoo: CON
conditioner: pantene s&s
protein: nexxus emergencee (love it!)
oils: coconut and evoo
moisturizer: just started using moeulle de boeuf and mango butter
i'm really interested in the ntm products since everybody seems to love them.

Last edited:
Hi dstdiva - I see CON....can't really go wrong with that in my book! And girl..see my thread on how NTM saved me this weekend...that product was a godsend to me this weekend. I pray they do not stop making that conditioner or I will cry.

anyhoo, u seem to have a simplified regimen and ain't nuthin wrong with that.
I'm trying to adhere to less is more myself.;)

I thought I already posted in this thread!!

4a all the way!
Poos: Nexxus Therape, NTM, MNT, Elucence MB
Conditioners: MNT, NTM Daily Deep, NTM Mask, Elucence MB, GF 3 min mask,VO5
Protiens:Nexxus Keraphix, Affirm 5 in 1
Leave in's:NTM Silk touch, Salerm 21, any of the conditioners above
Serums:NTM healing shine serum, Elucence silk hydrating elixer
Oils: Lotion Motion #9
Daily Moisturizers: S-curl

brownhaired_bonanza said:
4a/b'er pokin my head in again... just got my hair done. All curly and looking mighty sweet (not trying to brag, here). Just wondering.... is your hair longer when it's wet or dry? I never knew the answer to that.
It's longer when wet. The hair stretches when wet and shrinks when dry. HTH

@dst - You should hopefully find the NTM at your friendly neighborhood drugstore....like Walgreens, etc. Check Target/Walmart as well.:)

@DSD- Girl, u mean u didn't? LOL. I know that you have obligations to many threads...so it could've gotten blurry! But ya here now! That's all that matters!
DSD is down with NTM!!!!:D Whatever you're doing chick, it's working for you! I'm just trying to be like you! See you in the end of the year progress photos!!:grin:

3c/4a checking in. Just wanted to let you ladies know that you all have such lovely hair. Hopefully i figure out how to use my digital camera soon and i'll be able to share my hair growth progress with yall.

Right now my hair is feelin:

conditioner:NTM ofcourse/ thinkin of altnernating between mane and tail

shampoo: Pantene pro-v for relaxed and natural hair/ i wanna switch to mane and tail

leave-ins: NTM silk

current length: just past shoulder
2005 goal: BSL
Ultimate goal: 4" below BSL

@ LeNghtyDreAms -Welcome aboard to the fam! Thank u for sharing your regimen and I hope u keep us posted of your progress this year. Good luck with your BSL goal for the year...I'm praying just to make it to armpit this year and thicken up some more!

Yup...NTM is the shiznit...I said it. MNT is good too girl.;)

Looks like we have a pretty good chunk of info on this thread... I want to thank everybody for contributing.

I have now decided since the beginning of the thread to just finish up my UBH Conditioner that I have (not the same to me, like it used to be) and just utilize MNT and AO GPB for my light protein conditioners.

I also like the combo of the NTM Mask with the Daily Deep Conditioner (even though Sylver sees no use for the Mask :look: )

I love my Keracare poo...I love my CON poo...I love them even better mixed together...it really agrees with MY hair (y'all don't try this at home). I have not stepped into the experimental phase of mixing all three of my poos together or I won't have anything to rotate...

thanks to mrslee, audra and Dana03, I will be implementing Salerm Wheat Germ in the spring/summer months when I wear my own hair out (that 14 bucks a box hurts my lil heart, but I'm game).

For moisturizing conditioners, I am definitely settled and comfortable with the Humecto and NTM.

I'm gonna try babygurl's (I so love that chile's hair, praying my hair will grow up to be like hers by 2006) mixture of the Aphoghee and Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum, if that doesn't fly for me, then I will try the DRC-28.

And I have a relaxer - finally, that I can settle down and grow old with after all these years!

I finally feel a sense of peace and comfort at no more trying a whole bunch of things anymore and finally settling into a genuine hair routine and I really have this board and all the lovely ladies who have contributed their experiences and product usage to me since I found it.:)

Namaste...lol.

keylargo said:
Good for you Mona!! and if you discover something new, let us know :)

Thanks KeyLargo!:)

And I don't know if it can be considered new...cause it's along with my MNT usage...but I love the MNT Shine On (4 ounces, around 5 bucks)...it's oil and alcohol free...but it smells so good and leaves a nice light shine on your hair, I use it in conjunction sometimes with the NTM serum. You can use it on damp/dry hair.

It has horsetail grass,chaparral, colts foot, horse chestnut, meadow sweet and red clover in it. I have no idea what all that is...but it sure smells good and I love that it's alcohol free.

The only new things I really plan on trying are the Salerm Wheat Germ Mask, the Alter Ego Coconut Conditioning Mask (thanks to bajanplums and I love anything with coconut in it) and I've never used the Capilo Milk and Honey Conditioner (I have to bite off of babygurl) - it keeps staring at me when I see it on the shelf.

Then I think the PJ'ism can finally die a peaceful death...;)

Last edited:
MonaLisa said:
Looks like we have a pretty good chunk of info on this thread... I want to thank everybody for contributing.

I have now decided since the beginning of the thread to just finish up my UBH Conditioner that I have (not the same to me, like it used to be) and just utilize MNT and AO GPB for my light protein conditioners.

I also like the combo of the NTM Mask with the Daily Deep Conditioner (even though Sylver sees no use for the Mask :look: )

I love my Keracare poo...I love my CON poo...I love them even better mixed together...it really agrees with MY hair (y'all don't try this at home). I have not stepped into the experimental phase of mixing all three of my poos together or I won't have anything to rotate...

thanks to mrslee, audra and Dana03, I will be implementing Salerm Wheat Germ in the spring/summer months when I wear my own hair out (that 14 bucks a box hurts my lil heart, but I'm game).

For moisturizing conditioners, I am definitely settled and comfortable with the Humecto and NTM.

I'm gonna try babygurl's (I so love that chile's hair, praying my hair will grow up to be like hers by 2006) mixture of the Aphoghee and Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum, if that doesn't fly for me, then I will try the DRC-28.

And I have a relaxer - finally, that I can settle down and grow old with after all these years!

I finally feel a sense of peace and comfort at no more trying a whole bunch of things anymore and finally settling into a genuine hair routine and I really have this board and all the lovely ladies who have contributed their experiences and product usage to me since I found it.:)

Namaste...lol.

Aw shucks!!! :kiss: Thanks Mona!
Glad I could help out. Yep! 14.00 is much to shell out, but it is so worth it to me. You dont need to use much either.
I just ordered two more containers! :yay:

mrslee said:
Aw shucks!!! :kiss: Thanks Mona!
Glad I could help out. Yep! 14.00 is much to shell out, but it is so worth it to me. You dont need to use much either.
I just ordered two more containers! :yay:

lol...that d*mn banana....lol....

wait...I'm curious....how much is it when u order?

MonaLisa said:
lol...that d*mn banana....lol....

wait...I'm curious....how much is it when u order?

It was $19.40 total for the one. I ordered more items with this last order. I figure might as well get more than one and save on shipping costs.

mrslee said:
It was $19.40 total for the one. I ordered more items with this last order. I figure might as well get more than one and save on shipping costs.

Awwww geez....okay...these are the times it's cool to be based in Dominicanville as my friend calls it...:look: Thx for letting me know.

Mona I think you have brought out a PJ in me that I thought I buried a LONG time ago, with this MNT and also the NTM (wow same letters different order) but you got me SO curious since I truly believe we are hair twins. I just ordered the Miss Key 10 en 1 and Im DYING to try the Rysell Coconut (Sickbay will be tired of seeing my name real soon) and SHHH!! Dont tell anyone but they had a flash on sickbay saying they only had 4 units of the 8oz. Capilo Milk and Honey (they will no longer be selling the 8oz just the 16oz.) and I bought all 4 LOL!

Babygurl said:
Mona I think you have brought out a PJ in me that I thought I buried a LONG time ago, with this MNT and also the NTM (wow same letters different order) but you got me SO curious since I truly believe we are hair twins. I just ordered the Miss Key 10 en 1 and Im DYING to try the Rysell Coconut (Sickbay will be tired of seeing my name real soon) and SHHH!! Dont tell anyone but they had a flash on sickbay saying they only had 4 units of the 8oz. Capilo Milk and Honey (they will no longer be selling the 8oz just the 16oz.) and I bought all 4 LOL!

LMBO!!!!:lachen: I've used Miss Key 10 en 1...it's good stuff. And my hair loves anything Coconut related...I'm so mad that you bought the last 4 Milk & Honey conditioners...

I'm just gonna walk to the bss around my way...nothing as drastic as that...
lol.

Hey Monalisa:wave: ,

4A/4B I think checking in. These are going to be my staples as of now.

Shampoos
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle moisturizing shampoo

Creme of Nature Ultra moisturizing shampoo

Conditioners
Aubrey Organics honeysuckle moisturizing conditioner, GBP, Jason's apricot kernel conditioner (super shine) and VO5 conditioners.

Moisturizers
S- curl activator, Elasta Qp mango butter, Aubrey Organics moisturizing jelly

Essential oils
Rosemary
Peppermint

Tea tree
Myrrh
Lemon
Basil

Oils
Castor oil
Jojoba oil
Coconut oil
EMU oil
Meadowfoam

Leave in Spray
Surge, African Pride leave-in conditioner, Aubrey organics white camellia and jasmine conditioner spray

How did I miss this thread.
I am 4B.
Current length: HAHAHAHA!
Routine: Wash (Cream of Nature Regular shampoo)
Condition & Mosturize (StaSofFro +water)

Favorite Items: DooRag, satin pillow cases and sheets, headband, and afro pick

To increase growth: nightly scalp massages, plenty of water, and a bunch of supplements

CatSuga said:
How did I miss this thread.
I am 4B.
Current length: HAHAHAHA!
Routine: Wash (Cream of Nature Regular shampoo)
Condition & Mosturize (StaSofFro +water)

Favorite Items: DooRag, satin pillow cases and sheets, headband, and afro pick

To increase growth: nightly scalp massages, plenty of water, and a bunch of supplements

Hey CatSuga! *Cat lover, I take it...so am I...got a black panther tat on my foot..lol*

Girl! You starting from scratch....growing in all naturale? Or u just gonna keep it low? I thought ya lil curly do with the gel was cute.

Type 4 in da house!!! :yay:

Shampoo: Creme of Nature (red label, yellow cap), every other wash
Condition wash with Dove for Dry/Damaged hair
Conditioner: Parnevu Hair Mayo

I do a hot oil treatment with olive oil before shampooing. I used to add coconut oil but I'd forgotten about it and will try again soon, plus my mum recommends castor oil :)

Moisturiser: I just spray a mix of Organic Roots Nature's Shine (didn't particularly like it so I'm using it up) heavily diluted with water. I use Kemi Shea Butter pomade when I'm twisting my hair.

I'm staying away from heat - last use was December 2004.

Thanks for checking in Daughter....dancing banana...lol.

CON is the greatest isn't it? I'm partial to the green and white label though (Ultra Moisturizing).

I love coconut and castor oil as well.;)

Hello to everyone. I've decided to delurk because I've gotten so many great ideas about hair care from this site and I wanted to participate.

My hair type is 4a/b too. Right now, my hair regimen is simple. Since I have very dry hair I use coconut oil, Creme of Nature Shampoo and Motions conditioner. I been drinking carrot juice daily for a little over a week. I'm trying to get healthy hair for the summer!

MonaLisa said:
Hey CEG! Thanks for checking in with your product list!

I see you're into Aubrey....:)

Your welcome MonaLisa. Yes I find that Aubrey Organics or any hair products with natural ingredients work better for my texturized hair.

MonaLisa said:
Hi DSylla - thanks for sharing and making this your first post.

Thanks for checking in Monister.:)
thanks for the welcome MonaLisa!

I'm working on getting a digital camera so that I can track progress.

I had thick bra-strap hair once, then I abused it. It became see-through bra strap hair. I gave myself a cut, found this site, and I have been following suggestions for strong, healthy hair ever since.

I don't really see much progress yet, but i'm patient. I use coconut oil from Parachute every day. It's made my hair so soft. But, it's doesn't seem to be getting any longer.

I never oiled my hair before. I thought swinging hair was cute and oil weighed my hair down. Using any kind of oil or leave in condioner was a no-no. My hair became unhealthy with lots of split ends over time.

I've incorporated a hair regimen just from reading posts on this site. :) l LOVE this site! :)

I'm patient. I just have to stick to this regimen of coconut oil, flaxseed, carrot juice, lemon juice (for overall health) and 50 once of water daily.

have a very nice day everyone. :)

Back