Could we have an updated-4a/b roll call? Apologies...

luvSLave said:
Mona, you've got me dying to try the White Rain conditioners. Do you only like the coconut? I went to the site last wek and saw that they have a bunch of intriguing scents. Also, do you just use it to CW?

My hair likes anything with coconut and the oil itself...so that was the first thing I gravitated to since last year and my hair loves it...so I fan out all over nyc trying to find it..lol.

Vangrey suggested the Fruit Fortifying, but her hair type is different from mine, so not sure if it would have the same effect on my hair. But I may give it a try after I make more progress. I have a lavender vanilla bottle in my stash (it was 44 cents, I had to), but I've yet to use it yet.

If I do CW's, I would use along with the DDTA.

shampoo_dtl_ccnutc_top.jpg
<<<<<my cheap hair crack addiction..lol.

Last edited:
Shampoos: AO's White Camellia Ultra-Smoothing, AO's Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing
Clarifying Shampoo: Profectiv Clean N Healthy (This stuff smells edible, I tell you!)
Conditioners: AO's White Camellia Ultra-Smoothing, AO's Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing, ORS Hair Mayonnaise
Leave-Ins: Giovanni Direct, Profectiv Break Free, Elasta QP H-Two, Aphogee Pro-Vitamin, AO's Sea Buckthorn
Proteins: AO's GPB, Keracare Super Reconstructor (Silky hair! SILKY!), Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor... all are nice and light.
Moisturizers: Phytospecific Moisturizing Styling Balm, Elasta QP Recovery, Profectiv Healthy Ends (Almost single handedly saved my ends), Elasta QP Mango Butter, And occasionally... Profectiv Megagrowth, Frizz Ease Secret Weapon
Oils: Coconut Oil, Almond Oil, Profectiv 3 Phase Oil

Wash and deep condition twice a week!

And another one!

Shampoo(s): alternate between Tresumme Vit. E moisturizing shampoo and NTM shampoo

Conditioner(s): a multitide of products I like UBH Deep conditioner the best, Elasta's DPR-11, ORS hair revitalizing pak, Karites deep conditioner, Silk Elements cholesterol.

Hardcore treatment(s): Aphogee, Emergencee (Nexxus)

moisturizers: Elasta's Recovery moisturizer, Shea/mango butters, extra virgin coconut oil and olive oils and Elasta's mango butter

Essential oils: peppermint, rosemary, and eucalyptus (sp?)

www.fotki.com/nubian7
password: hair

Alli77 said:
And another one!

Shampoo(s): alternate between Tresumme Vit. E moisturizing shampoo and NTM shampoo

Conditioner(s): a multitide of products I like UBH Deep conditioner the best, Elasta's DPR-11, ORS hair revitalizing pak, Karites deep conditioner, Silk Elements cholesterol.

Hardcore treatment(s): Aphogee, Emergencee (Nexxus)

moisturizers: Elasta's Recovery moisturizer, Shea/mango butters, extra virgin coconut oil and olive oils and Elasta's mango butter

Essential oils: peppermint, rosemary, and eucalyptus (sp?)

www.fotki.com/nubian7
password: hair

Your hair is so thick, healthy and shiny!!!! Keep up what you're doing!:)
See..u gonna make me order some UBH conditioner again!

Last edited:
Hi MonaLisa I think I'm 4a/b and these are the products I use:

Shampoos:
Fructis Long and Strong
Pantene 2n1
Elasta QP for relaxed hair
NTM
Nexxus

Conditoners:
Fructis Long and Strong
Fructis 3 min Masque
NTM and NTM hair mask
Nexxus Humctress,Therappe and Keraphix
Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructor
Salerm 21
UBH Deep Conditoner

Leave-In:
Fructis
Razac
NTM

Other:
Surge 14, Surge 9, Elasta QP Mango Butter, S-Curl, razac and humctress mixed together as a hair creme

I deep condition once a week under a hooded dryer roller set and wrap until I'm 6 weeks post then I start doing protective styling (bantu knots, braid outs and baggie) I wash every three days and continue to deep condtion once a week until I'm 11 weeks post. That have worked for me so far and my hair has thanked me for it in more ways than one. :)

natalied said:
Another 4A/B checking in :wave:

Since proper hair care is still new to me, I'm still trying to figure out what works with my hair.

Shampoo:
Elasta QP Creme Conditioning
Elasta QP Scalp Stimulating (to clarify)
NTM

Conditions:
Nexxus Humectress
NTM
Keracare Humecto (I've tried it once and I really like it)

Leave In:
Nexxus Headress
NTM

Daily Moisturizers:
Scalp: Surge, Suave Conditioner, Castor Oil, Peppermint, Jojoba Oil
Hair: Elasta QP Mango Butter & Profectiv Break Free

Lots of changes

Shampoos: Kenra/Elucence
Protein: AO GPB/Nexxus Emergencee
Conditioners: Salerm Wheat Germ Hair Mask/Elucence w/EVOO
Co-Wash: Suave Milk & Honey
Leave In: Salerm/NTM
Serum: NTM/Biosilk

Daily Moisturizers:
NTM Leav In, EQP Mango Butter
Oils: Castor, Jojoba, Peppermint, EVOO

@ KM and Natalie....I see some NTM usage goin on! :clap: Thank you for your contribution to keeping my baby on the shelves!!! I don't want Neutrogena f'(**^ing with the formula or nuttin!

I actually mix my NTM DDC with my NTM Mask...I just love that combo. Sometimes, I'll mix the Humecto (tub) with the NTM. Yeah, I be mixin now...:lol:

MonaLisa said:
@ KM and Natalie....I see some NTM usage goin on! :clap: Thank you for your contribution to keeping my baby on the shelves!!! I don't want Neutrogena f'(**^ing with the formula or nuttin!

I actually mix my NTM DDC with my NTM Mask...I just love that combo. Sometimes, I'll mix the Humecto (tub) with the NTM. Yeah, I be mixin now...:lol:

I wasn't crazy about the DDC. How do you compare the Salerm Wheat Germ Mask to the NTM Mask? I love the Salerm Mask but I haven't tried NTM's Mask.

natalied said:
I wasn't crazy about the DDC. How do you compare the Salerm Wheat Germ Mask to the NTM Mask? I love the Salerm Mask but I haven't tried NTM's Mask.

Girllllll...u better not let Sylver 2 here u talk about the DDC! lol..:sekret:

Okay...the Salerm Mask...the consistency differs....as you have used...u know how the Salerm mask is. Salerm has a bit thinner consistency to me than the NTM. The NTM mask is a bit thicker and creamier.

In terms of smell...NTM wins hands down to me.

I like the Wheat Germ oil in the Salerm. Makes the hair feel great.
The Olive/Meadowfoam Seed/Sweet Almond in the NTM line really works for me.

I know not for all, I have to accept that.

The key with the NTM mask...as with the Salerm WG Mask...you don't need to use a lot for it to be effective. I think users mess up when they put too much on. Sometimes it actually makes sense to use as directed on the label.

HTH. :)

MonaLisa said:
Girllllll...u better not let Sylver 2 here u talk about the DDC! lol..:sekret:

Okay...the Salerm Mask...the consistency differs....as you have used...u know how the Salerm mask is. Salerm has a bit thinner consistency to me than the NTM. The NTM mask is a bit thicker and creamier.

In terms of smell...NTM wins hands down to me.

I like the Wheat Germ oil in the Salerm. Makes the hair feel great.
The Olive/Meadowfoam Seed/Sweet Almond in the NTM line really works for me.

I know not for all, I have to accept that.

The key with the NTM mask...as with the Salerm WG Mask...you don't need to use a lot for it to be effective. I think users mess up when they put too much on. Sometimes it actually makes sense to use as directed on the label.

HTH. :)

Thanks! I'll have to give it a try.:grin: Salerm's Mask is good but it is ssssooooooooo expensive. I mix it with other conditioners to stretch it.

natalied said:
Thanks! I'll have to give it a try.:grin: Salerm's Mask is good but it is ssssooooooooo expensive. I mix it with other conditioners to stretch it.

That's what I did recently.....mixed it with my staple moisture conditioners (humecto/ntm) at least get the benefit of it...

It hurt me to pay 14 for it (but at least that included tax. I think the lowest I can find it is for 12 bucks..which would bring it to 13).

It definitely is a hair luxury. I could get two NTM masks for the cost of it.

Let know how the NTM mask works for you...and even...give the DDC a try again mixed with it.;)

I am definitely a 4a/b type. My hair is coarse and dry but I try to take good care of it by wearing protective styles.

levette said:
I am definitely a 4a/b type. My hair is coarse and dry but I try to take good care of it by wearing protective styles.

Girl, you've got some nice, thick hair.

Wait..the last pic in your album was in a minute ago....

I can't believe you're not at BSL yet...did you get a large trim?

sweetpeadst said:
4b I am in search as well, but I know that I love shea butter on my ends and Lacio Lacio is the bomb for shine!!!

Girl, you have 10,000 products...and said she's still in search of a regimen.

Okay, time to help SP....

pick 1-2 poos that work for you
pick 1-3 conditioners that work for you
pick a leave in
pick a moisturizer
pick an oil

pick 1-3 hair treats you really love.

Stick with them for at least six months. Stop switching and trying everything.
You will then have a regimen. lol.

4a checking in...........

Cond: Elasta QP Fortifying Cond.
Protein: Aphogee (every 6 weeks)
Co Wash Cond: Motions relaxed n natural cond
Moisturizers: Kemi Oyl Conditioning Spray (I luvvvvv this stuff) :D
Shine Conditioning Gel
Oil: IC Night Time Oil
Shampoo: Organic Root Stimulator Uplifting Shampoo :p
(luv how it makes my scalp tingle)

Almost forgot EQP Mango Butter!! I jus wanna eat that stuff; it smells soo good
Relaxer: Motions Relaxed and Natural Mild (was every 3-4, 1st stretch 7-8 and beyond)

HAPPY GROWING !!!

Thanks for sharing CandacyEliz!!!

I lub my Mango Butter too...
any body don't want theirs feel free to send to me...lol...

MonaLisa said:
pick 1-2 poos that work for you
pick 1-3 conditioners that work for you
pick a leave in
pick a moisturizer
pick an oil

pick 1-3 hair treats you really love.

Stick with them for at least six months. Stop switching and trying everything.
You will then have a regimen. lol.

ML, that's waaaaay easier said than done. :lol:

I'm 4a/b, B on the top and A on the sides and back

Poos: Elucence MB

Conditioners: ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Pack

Protein - Eqyss Mega-Tek/Aubrey Organics GPB

Heavy Protein Treatment- Nexxus Emergencee, Dudley's DRC-28

Conditioners for CO Washes/PrePoo Treatments: Suave Milk & Honey, DDTA, V05

Moisturizers: ORS Olive Oil, S-Curl, MTG

Leave-In: NTM Silk Touch, Eqyss Avocado Mist

Serum: Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum

Wearing either a wash and go or Phony pony. Contemplating braids but am unsure at this point.

Awww see! Why you gotta put me on front street? :lol: You wasn't sayin that when asked about the 'crack'! :sekret: :lol: its all good though cause I luv ya! :kiss:

Last edited by a moderator:
Vickiepickles checking in.

Poos: CON, Keracare, Roux Porosity Control, PM Super Skinny, Aveda Sap Moss

Conditiioners: Keracare Humecto, Roux Porosity, PM SuperSkinny, Loreal Unfrizz

Proteins: Aphoghee 2-minute reconstructor, Aphoghee, Nexxus Emergencee, Aubrey GPB

Moisturizing Conditioners: IC Fantaisia Aloe Vera Moisturizer, Deep Brillance Moisture,

Leave-In: Giovanni Direct, Nexuss Headdress, Aphogee Green Tea

Moisturezer: CD Hair Milk, UBH Hair Lotion, 100%Shea Butter, Bath & Body Works Avocado/Jojoba Oil

Styling Aids: Elasta QP Silk (for rollersetting), Keracare Styling Foam (for rollersets) Aveda Brillance Universal Styling Cream (for rollerwraps), Aveda Brillance Anti-Humectant Pomade, Jam Styling Gel

New Growth - Hawaiin Silky 14-in-1 Moisturizer/Activator, S-curl, IC Fantasia Thickening Gel

Last edited:
Another 4B checkin in, better late than never.

My staples are, anyway they are staples for now while my PJism is taking a break

Shampoos: Keracare, Redken Moisturing shampoo

Conditioners: PM Supercharged, Keracare, M N Tail moisturising.

Deep Conditioners: Arosci and Profectiv growth masque

Leave-Ins: Elasta QP H-Two,PM The creme

Proteins: Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor

Moisturizers: Elasta QP Mango Butter,

Oils: Jojoba oil, Keracare essential oils, EVOO

Others: SURGE 14, Fantasia hair polisher

those are the basics...

@ LaNecia...Sure, Sure...chick...:look:

@ MsCrystal...*taps MsCrystal on da shoulder* You've got some purty hair MsCrystal. It be healthy and shiny lookin'....;)

@VickieP and LondonHoney :wave: Thanks for sharing!
Those are some nice lil product lists right dere! lol

Go Phyto! Go Keracare!

Back