Could we have an updated-4a/b roll call? Apologies...

Checking In. :)

Poo: Design Essentials Moisturizing Shampoo
Conditioner: Desugn Essentials Stimulations
Protein: Aphoghee (Used for the first time Saturday)
Moisturizers/Leave In: DE HCO Leave-In, Theraputics Leave-In (cream based)

I am attempting to remember to SUrge on a daily basis.

Hair type - 4b [thick, coarse, prone to dryness]
Shampoo - Nexxus Therappe
Conditioner - Nexxus Humectress
Reconstructor - Nexxus Keraphix
Oil - Nexxus Botanic Oil

Hola Champagne Wishes!

Welcome aboard Missenm (hope the aphoghee didn't scare you...) and Reformtio (ahhh...a Nexxus user...thick haired...)

Thank you for checking in!:)

Hi! Another 4a/b checking in.
I shampoo and condition weekly with Elucence after leaving GPB in for 30 mins.
Aphogee every 5-6 weeks.
Currently moisturizing with MyHoneryChild type 4 creme and moelle de boeuf mixed with castor oil.
No heat except when used by stylist.
Current goal: To stretch my relaxer to 8 weeks. I'm 5 weeks post relaxer. Hope I make it.

Hey HWAY! Welcome aboard!

This friggin Elucence again....I swear I feel my fingers itchin...cause there must be summin to this one!

Game plan seems good...U CAN STRETCH TO 8 WEEKS! UR HAIR WILL THANK U FOR IT. I'm planning on stretching to 12 minimum...16 max...

keep moisturized...minimal manipulation and it can be done!:look:

Howdy :wave: Another 4B checking in.

My hair likes:
Poos: Alternate between Nexxus Therappe & NTM
Conditioners: Alternate between Nexxus Humectress & NTM
Deep Condition: Nexxus Humectress w/heat or NTM Mask
Moisturizer/Leave In - Nexxus Humectress, NTM Silk Touch & Coconut oil mixed with water.
Protein - Affirm 5n1 (after my Affirm relaxer)
Other Treatment- Nexxus Emergencee as needed
Oils: Coconut and EVOO
Serum: NTM Healing Shine Serum

10% 4a 90% 4b over here! :D

Stretching is possible for 4b's I stretched to 15 weeks. For the last 2 I did extensions. I self relaxed and underprocessed after that so I corrected after only 7 weeks. But now I'm back on the stretch...it can be done.

4a/b checking in...

Prepoo - honey and EVOO - excellent for New Growth

Poo -
DPL - Sulfate free/scent free
L'Anza Protein Plus
DDTA

Conditioners
PM Supercharged
Biosilk Hydrating
Protein - lowest to highest
AO GPB
Aphogee 2 Minute Intensive
Emergencee

Leave In
L'Anza Protein Leave IN
Salerm 21
NTM silk touch
Hamadi Shea Leave In

Moisture/Shine
Jane Carter Solution - Nourish and Shine - This is the TRUTH. Really it is!
Hamadi Shea Leave In
Glycerine and rosewater spray

Just when I wanted to simplify my regime - along comes Elucence. Dang.

4a/b checking in. Let's see, since PJism is still affecting me, I do not have a set regime yet. Hair likes deep conditioners, castor oil, EVOO, and gentle handling overall.

Shampoo: Elasta QP, Suave Clarify
Conditioner Wash: Suave Coconut

Conditioner: Elasta QP (Not sure which one), Suave Coconut, Silk Elements & Porosity

Protein: (Working on this one)

Moisturizers: B&B Oil Moisturizer

Oils: EVOO & Almond Oil Mixture

Serum: John Freida

Seal Ends: Ultra Sheen or Indian Hemp Grease

Relaxer: Silk Elements (Regular) Every 10-12 weeks

I shampoo & condition once a week, sometimes I'll do a conditioner wash as well.
Protective Styles at least 5 days a week. (Bun or French Rolls).
Sleep with hair in a high pony and wear silk wrap.
I'm currently doing the Super grow out challenge.

@ Cowgirl - I'm seeing the progress in your avatar! Yee-haw! Do u think switching to the Affirm Lye did it for you? I see that NTM in effect. It's the ish.

Hey Falon! Congrats on the stretching! yes! it can be done! Ur hair is so going to thank you for it!

@ Sithembile - Welcome aboard 4b! thick hair...hmmm...Nexxus...lol.

@ Queenie - thank you for sharing with the 4's!

Welcome aboard Lady Che! I feel u on the Elucence....it's starting to call me as well...I'm sure I'll breakdown by the time summer gets here and poo starts running low.

@GiGi - Well your "unset" regime sounds pretty good so far - whatever works for you - stick with it! U don't have to switch around to everything!

@Lshevonne - I haven't tried the Suave Coconut, I've been so in love with the Milk & Honey...may give that a go during the summer. If you like John Frieda (I used to use the relax) - You will LOVE the NTM serum.

Yes, I am using the UBH Dew. THe main thing I like about UBH conditoner is the stimulation. But I decieded to spike my other conditoners with pepperment oil. I have so many condtioners and want to only use the one that keep my hair soft. UBH is OK. But the others I am using are GREAT. :grin:

MonaLisa said:
Aiiight...my lovely 4a/b's are coming out of the woodwork! Luv it!:D

@Tigerlily - *waving* another check next to Mango Butter on this list! We must be keeping this product on the shelves! Love me some Suave too!

@ Sunkissed - a major Nexxus user among us! hmmmm..lol...You seem to have a good simplified regimen thus far...keep tweaking to find what is really working for you and stick with it. Keep us posted. Wow..and ur praying for D'Angelo. *Brown Sugar babeeeeeee....*

@ Star - lol at u phasing out the UBH Conditioner while I'm phasing it back into my regimen as a conditioner. r u using the Dew as a leave-in??

@ BabyGurl :notworthy - my new hair inspiration! Oh Snaps! The Aphoghee smell doesn't bother u either?!!! I'm not alone! LOL. See...You and Dana are gonna make me return to my Cathy Howse path of washing and conditioning my hair every 3-4 days again (now that I'm thinking about it...my hair was thriving when I did do it...hmmmm)

@ KBA - Down with the Keracare! AIIIIGHT!!! Annnnnddd another checkmark next to Mango Butter!

@ Isis - another big time Nexxus user among us! Hmmm...it's definitely working for you girl! ur hair is gorgeous and THICK! Good Lawd! I don't know why I don't note water as a moisturizer...considering it's what I primarily drink! Lawd knows it's the best moisturizer there is! Anddd...I'm gonna start eating egg whites! :grin:

@mrslee - HUG! My fellow NTM/MNT user! U do know I am monitoring this Salerm Wheat Germ Mask phase ur going through...*cough* awaiting further results...lol.

Oooh! What took me so long to pop into this thread? :scratchch Mo' got me called out by name and everything! :kiss: My regimen is in my journal. There are "3 Ps" that I always keep in mind. Patience... it ain't gonna be waistlength overnight, but it is growing at a steady pace. That's what counts. Perseverance... gotta follow this thing through to the end and last but not least, Preservation.... protecting the length that is accumulated so it results in me reaching my goal. My hair loves moisture, moisture and more moisture. I never draw a comb through it if I hear "crackle". I'm funny like that. Maybe that's why I only wear it straight after getting a relaxer, maybe a day or so, until I whip out the bottle of S-Curl and squirt away.

MonaLisa said:
@ Cowgirl - I'm seeing the progress in your avatar! Yee-haw! Do u think switching to the Affirm Lye did it for you? I see that NTM in effect. It's the ish.

Thank you Mona. :kiss: It was sweet of you to notice. And yes, I whole heartedly think switching to the Affirm Lye from the no-lye relaxer was vital for me. It has made a world and a half of difference on my hair.

And AJD, it's about time girl. You know we been waiting on you to pay us a visit and impart some more wisdom.

I'm a 4ab mix- my back is b my front is a :perplexed genetics...anyhow my regime since my b/c is a prepoo sulur8 mix w glover's and castor oil cond. after 1 hr wash w/ ORS shampoo and the mayo. I use the carrot creme and MNT as a leave in. My hair is thriving on this mixture. My twa is getting longer. I also use S curl/carefree curl moisurizers b4 bed and work. oops- I almost forgot Surge. U guys turned me into a PJ, but I ain't mad at ya! My hair is growing like a weed and I'm gonna try kelp next! :yay:

Cowgirl said:
And AJD, it's about time girl. You know we been waiting on you to pay us a visit and impart some more wisdom.

Gurl... what can I say that I haven't said already? I feel like I done preached out the whole of my sermon... ain't nuttin' more left! I'm sure ya'll tired of my repetitious behind! :moon: :lachen:

<--- 4A here! :)

Shampoos:
Creme of Nature Detangling Shampoo
Revlon Roux Porosity Control Shampoo

Conditioners:
Revlon Roux Porosity Control Conditioner
Lekair Cholesterol Plus

Protein Treatment:
Nexxus Keraphix

Other:
100% pure jojoba oil

Daily Vitamins (all Solgar or Twinlab brands):
multivitamin
flaxseed oil
evening primrose oil
pantothenic acid
biotin
silica
inositol

My natural texture is 4A, but I have a texturizer. My current hair length is approx. 15", measured from the center of my scalp and pulled straight. My rate of growth is 1/2" to 3/4" per month.

I wash my hair twice a week (alternating between the creme and roux shampoos). Then I apply the roux conditioner and comb my hair with a seamless comb. After that I smear on cholesterol (over the conditioner) from roots to ends, put on a plastic conditioning cap and sit under my hood dryer for 15-20 minutes. Then I rinse, rub on a little jojoba oil, and let it air-dry.

About twice a month, I do a reconstructive treatment. After I shampoo/rinse my hair, I slather keraphix on my hair, put on a conditioning cap and sit under the hood dryer for 20 minutes. Then I deep-condition, as usual.

Apart from the jojoba oil after washing, I never use products on my hair (i don't like the way they feel/smell). I only use seamless combs. I almost never use heat (blow-dryers, flat-irons) on my hair. Every night I sleep with a satin scarf, and I have a satin pillowcase.

Last edited:
4 a/b checking in .......I am a product junkie....so to list what my hair likes would be pointless....It loves everything I put in it. Except hair gel.

4 a/b here

right now i wash with pantene for relaxed hair
do nice and gloss hot oil treatment(ccd recommended)
kenra color maintence conditioner, but now trying the MC
leave ins neutrogena serum and aveda elixir(which they are discontinuing *cries*

use aphogee protein treatment whenever i feel the need

Cowgirl said:
Thank you Mona. :kiss: It was sweet of you to notice. And yes, I whole heartedly think switching to the Affirm Lye from the no-lye relaxer was vital for me. It has made a world and a half of difference on my hair.

Oh yeah, Cowgirl! I just caught a peep at your pics! You are really sneakin' up on me there! Very nice!!! :)

Can I just say Thank you Diva for gracing us with your presence!!!!:)
The big time type 4 inspiration! I'm definitely going to be mentally chanting the 3 p's. I just not too long told Dreems that I felt like my ish wasn't growing! But I must be patient...I know...and stay moisturized. I can do this...I will reach my goal!!

@ Cowgirl...YUP...I'se been watchin! lol. Again, great progress!

Hey Natrl! Stick with what works! You could almost stop being a pj if you know ur current products are working for you.

@ LookieLoo! *waving* Feel u on the CON...I use the green and white bottle...that's definitely a staple. You've got a great overall regimen happening!

Hot Topic - Mad at the confessed p.junkyism....lol. Up there spending boot and jeans money! Do you girl!

@Felicia - wow...u have a nice, simple regimen. If it works, stick with it!!!

Nice to see so much feedback on this thread...we are not alone...we've got each other...lol.:D

4a/b checking in

Shampoos: Nexxus Therappe

Conditioners: Nexxus Humectress, LeKair Cholesterol, Infusium 23, Nexxus Headdress

Moisturizers: Mango Butter, Profectiv Healthy Ends, Soft and Beautiful Botanicals

Oils/Grease: Frenchee's (Dog Mane), Glover's Medicated Formula (yellow tube w/ blue top)

Hi @ 19Sweetie - Thanks for checking in and sharing! A Nexxus user I see (Candibaby will be pleased...lol); have noted Mango Butter usage...

Waving @ Tonya! Why am I mad at peeping....member join date...2002...followed by...Still working on a simple regimen....

Okay Lady T! It's 2005! Let's make it happen! You can do it!!! Sort through them products and choose what really works and what u can't do without.

4ab checking in again. I have taken my twists out after two months, thanks to new growth from using Surge 14 and Glover's mane mix with WGO. I am on the right track to hit shoulder length by Dec 2005.

4a/b'er pokin my head in again... just got my hair done. All curly and looking mighty sweet (not trying to brag, here). Just wondering.... is your hair longer when it's wet or dry? I never knew the answer to that.

Back